Sign in to follow this  
nkenny

LITE mission package

Thank you very much for this pack nkenny. This missions are very fun to play and are highly re-playable, with each try a different experience.

The pack is hosted by the CiA coop server, details in my signature.

Nkenny, the community thanks you! Please keep on making missions!

Edited by Variable

Now stop playing online and get some more missions done ASAP ;)

Good job, I like them.

Regards,

Sander

I love your missions! One problem: I want to convince my friends of Arma2 with Arma2Free. Is it possible to convert the LITE missions in a way that they are compatible with Arma2Free?

Most of them dont start in Arma2Free: "missing modules"

Thank you!

Hi RectaDP

Yes! This is actually what I've been looking at doing-- its just that I've been busy creating missions for our clans internal campaign. Our grand finale is being played the next weekend. I hope to start working on the LITE pack then.

-k

Well. I guess its that time of year again. LITE MISSION PACKAGE IS UPDATED!

:: v1.4

:: 13.11.2011

by nkenny

NEW DOWNLOAD

** UPDATED **

For this release I had two design goals in mind. Firstly the community has seen many new faces and secondly the release of ARMA2FREE. To tackle the first goal this mission package adds a number of four-player coop missions. These missions are specifically intended to learn newer players the ropes and can be played with as few as two players.

With a free copies of arma2 floating about the need for bite-sized introductory missions is greater than ever. Consequently all new missions should be compatible with ARMA2 alone. It didn't stop there. I took the opportunity to revisit some of my old work to tighten some screws, nail down a few bugs-- well sweep them under the blanket anyhow-- and make them all ARMA2FREE compatible. Theres more stuff under the hood however; get your buddies together to give them a try.

Conceptually most missions offer tight equipment selection, tough tactical choices, and small to-the-point briefings. This is the very core concepts which make LITE missions.. well LITE. :)

Cheers,

Ken

This is version 1.4-- nominally 1.5 of the LITE mission package. Behind the scenes I've been a busy bee making missions for ACE, and/or missions for the combination of addons we use in nopryl.no Unfortunately this means that some of the newer missions lack debriefs, mission pictures, and other bits of polish. They are however fully playable and quite well tested. Once time is available I'll update them to full 1.5 standard.

Enjoy. :)

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

Great news Nkenny! Thanks for the new release.

For those who played all through your previous release, how many new missions will they get to play now?

Only 8 totally new missions-- and I stress these are aimed primarily at newer players. Most of the old ones have got some facelifts and generally tightening of concept/equipment/whatnot.

If you are ACE players.. well.. I've got something in store. *wink*

edit: Thanks to Armaholic for hosting a mirror. :)

v1.4 DOWNLOAD @ ARMAHOLIC

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

Hey Nkenny, I gave all the new missions a quick test and we also played and completed Demolition in yesterday's CiA coop night.

These are my findings regarding two missions:

co04_liquidate - objective is done even before reaching the town ("the deed is done" message and the objective checkboxed is ticked). Nevertheless, I entered the town and found only two enemy soldiers and no civilians.

co04_nighttime - There's some problem with the briefing's hotlinks, almost all the text is highlighted as a map link. In addition, the F-35 are jumping up and down (maybe as a response to some small arms fire hitting them, not sure about that...)

Thanks you very much for making these missions for us, please make more! :)

Regards,

Hi NkEnNy!

Thank you for the update. Should this version (1.4) be compatible with Arma2FREE? Most of the missions still report missing modules in Arma2Free.

For example: "You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ca_modules_e_weather" (Rubber Boat, Deadly Games, Carjackers, etc.)

p.s. my Arma2Free version is 1.10.80665

Thank you!

Hi, I am very new to Arma 2. I just downloaded your mission pack. It looks

awesome. I will most likely purchase the Arma 2 and the expansion, but my

friends and I will be playing Arma 2 Free to see if it is something we can get

into.

Please update you missions to work with Arma 2 Free! Your mission pack looks

like the perfect introduction to Arma. If all the missions worked it would be the

perfect vehicle to introduce new players to the community.

I feel Arma is a game that is a little rough around the edges, and they could

have done a better job making it more accessible out of the box.

These are brilliant and just what I needed to guide a new player through. However are they ALL night missions??? no daytime?

Hi people,

glad you enjoy the missions. I am currently setting up a small summer-time campaign for the people I usually play with. This has unfortunately eaten into the time I have for mission editing. *shameless* Once you are done with the LITE missions, I recommend moving to ACE-mod. This will greatly increase your experience. The LIMA mission package includes another series of straightforward missions of the same sort. */shameless*

While my intention was to have these missions completely compatible with arma2Free, I fumbled the mission-compilation, I have put this on my planner and will try to revisit these missions soonish. Who knows, there just might be some daytime missions as well. heh.

-k

Here are a couple of video walk throughs, ) part 2 is from the above mission pack) lol I had no way to blow the Arty up.!!

A lot of people have jumped straight into Dayz and not touched the core game, here is part two of a series of short missions designed to show you some of what you are missing. (start with part 1)

Part 2 :

[youtube.com]

Part 1 :

[youtube.com]

:cool:

lite1.jpg

LITE mission package!

Version: 1.6

Updated: 19.07.2012

by nkenny

Update

I am happy to announce version 1.6 for the LITE mission package. This version sees five new missions added, and all known bugs fixed, including the incompability errors with Arma2 and Arma2Free. The mission statement remains the same. LITE missions are tactically challenging, and very varied, scenarios in snippets that take between 15 to 30 minutes to play. The missions are suitable for four to six players, with some variations. Have a glorious summer, and enjoy the missions in the cool evenings. :)

There are now 21 missions.

New and revamped missions include:

- 4(co)Crash Prize

- 4(co)Nighttime

- 6(co)Shell Game

- 6(co)Bigfoot is missing

- 6(co)The Yuri's still out

- 8(co)Apache Tribe

- 9(co) Guerilla Radio

Regards,

Ken Mikkelsen

v1.6 DOWNLOAD

Edited by NkEnNy

http://home.broadpark.no/~kenrm/lite1.jpg

LITE mission package!

Version: 1.6

Updated: 19.07.2012

by nkenny

Update

I am happy to announce version 1.6 for the LITE mission package. This version sees five new missions added, and all known bugs fixed, including the incompability errors with Arma2 and Arma2Free. The mission statement remains the same. LITE missions are tactically challenging, and very varied, scenarios in snippets that take between 15 to 30 minutes to play. The missions are suitable for four to six players, with some variations. Have a glorious summer, and enjoy the missions in the cool evenings. :)

There are now 21 missions.

New and revamped missions include:

- 4(co)Crash Prize

- 4(co)Nighttime

- 6(co)Shell Game

- 6(co)Bigfoot is missing

- 6(co)The Yuri's still out

- 8(co)Apache Tribe

- 9(co) Guerilla Radio

Regards,

Ken Mikkelsen

v1.6 DOWNLOAD

Ugh,

capitalization error in the link. All URLs should work properly now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

-k

Great news Nkenny! Uploading to the CiA coop server! :yay:

Brilliant, only played bigfoot and shell suit.. both night missions again, are there any day time missions??

Glad you are enjoying them :)

Guerilla Radio, Red Raid, No remorse, and Carjackers are, from the top of my head, daytime or very early morining. The missions 'Shell Game' and 'The Yuri's still out' have randomzied time-of-day-- different for each play through. Even so most of the night missions are timed so that NVGs are for players optional.

I have a preference for night missions, because attacking under the cover of darkness is such a huge force multiplier.

-k

Nkenny, "Crash Prize" and "Apache Tribe" are missing from your pack. Aren't these missions suppose to be included?

Nkenny, "Crash Prize" and "Apache Tribe" are missing from your pack. Aren't these missions suppose to be included?

The files are misnamed. Crash Prize and Apache Tribe show up on the mission list in-game, but the file names are different. Apache Tribe is 8(co)combine_lite.utes. I didn't check to see which one Crash Prize is, but it's there.

Yeah you'e right, thanks DrunkenScoper. "Crash Prize" is 4(co)_Liquidate_lite.utesLiquidate.

I wish it was like in OFP, the name of the damn file is the name of the mission...

Edited by Variable

Thanks for the update and new fun stuff NkEnNy!

Your missions are most appreciated by anyone who gets to play ´em on our server :)

edit: Bug report for "6(co)The Yuri's still out" - mission ends almost immediately after start, stating the BMP2 has been brought back safely.

Edited by Mr Burns

Hi variable,

You've got it. Or rather Drunkenscoper did. The missions in question were strongly revamped, up to the point where I felt they needed a name change to fit with their new concepts. I retained the old names to avoid server admins, and players, having to pick their way through massive /mpmission folders to manual delete the LITE stuff. All in all, the best compromise I could think of.

Mr Burns. Glad you guys are enjoying them. I haven't experienced the bug, but it is probably there. I'll look into it once I get back home. I assume you are running this on a dedicated server? Perhaps I fumbled the propagation of the markers in dedicated server mode-- albeit it didn't come up in testing.

All in all, happy that this is the only bug so far. :)

regards,

Ken .