Sign in to follow this  
lz17

CAnnot join many MP games

Hi,

I am new to all of this. So, please be patient and forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

I am trying to join MP games and very often I get :You canot play/edit this mission; it depends on content that has been delited or....bluh, bluh, bluh

What the heck is this? and how can I fix it?

ARMA 2 OA

Thanks

lz

That message often refers to: the server or mission uses a mod that you don't have. The end of the message may indicate what exact mod/file your missing.

Yes, it's likely to be you lacking some other file that the server requires you to have, usually a mod.

Funny how the part people "blah blah blah"-out tends to be the most important. :p

well, the bluh bluh part was different in each message. My question was in general. Where do I get thos mods?

Tx

By any chance, do you have Operation Arrowhead lz17, or just ArmA2?

Use the search button and read the FAQ. For some reason there are frequently asked questions in the FAQ about stuff like this.

If you find a server that you want to play on and you cant because everytime you try to connect it kicks you for not having downloadable content.

type the server name or unit/clan name into google and get on their website. The website should tell you about their public server and any specific mods that it runs.

If in the server name on the mulitplayer screen it says 'ACE' or something very similar then you need a mod called

ACE2 - Advanced Combat Enviroment

Once you go ace, You never go back!

Link to the ACE thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113797

Read things thoroughly and carefully as you are bound to mess up the installation, as its not just double click>next>next>next>next>Finish.

There is alot of stuff in ace, which might be why you get a different file missing each time you connect.

Hope this helps more than other advice.

or he's missing arma 2. Most people I see connecting to my server only have OA and are missing ArmA 2.

Many sites have mods, missions, etc, notably armaholic.com under downloads. You will have to read up on mod folders and the way to launch them.

CannonousCrush,

Thank you very much for your post. It does explain a lot, and most important - where to get those files.

GossamerSolid - I do have ArmA 2 and OA instaled and up to date.

Thank you everyone for your help.

LZ

CannonousCrush,

Thank you very much for your post. It does explain a lot, and most important - where to get those files.

GossamerSolid - I do have ArmA 2 and OA instaled and up to date.

Thank you everyone for your help.

LZ

Are you sure, that you start it as combined operations? the arma2oa has to be installed into the origin arma2 folder, if not, you face this problem, because you run just arma2 or arma2oa but not the necessary combined ops which is mandatory for a lot of servers/maps like benny warefare.