NEWV20.jpg

Featuring :

airportv20-1.jpg

atc.jpg

fuel.jpg

shelter.jpg

cargo.jpg

Don't skip this ! :

The template is on Utes, of course no need to say you shouldn't even try to press the preview button. Merge it to the island of your choice.

Also if you're using mandoble's scripted landing and taking off and if you want to change the main bearing of the Airbase (default is "0") you'll have to change the take off direction in the init file, for each plane.

See example below

Strongly recommended addon :

(Mando take off included and implemented, mando land included but not implemented, mando ILS no included)

Scripted landing and taking off

Example

(mainly from Mandoble's readme) :

Place this in the init file :

[av8b_3, false, 15, 180, 350, 10, 0.11, [getMarkerPos "taxi1",getMarkerPos "taxi1_7",getMarkerPos "taxi_align_rw1", getMarkerPos "takeoff_rw1"], -0.22008, 1, 62, true, ""]execVM"mando_takeoff2.sqf"

av8b_3..............................= vehicle name

false..................................= Vertical takeoff? (true/false)

15.....................................= Taxi max speed in km/h (> 0 and < 31 Km/h)

180...................................= speed in Km/h to reach before raising the nose

350...................................= final speed in Km/h to reach after climb starts

10.....................................= Max nose up angle while climbing in degrees (10 ~ 89)

0.11..................................= acceleration factor (use values between 0.05 and 0.2)

[getMarkerPos "taxi1",...].= Array of taxi positions (last one is take off one, at least one must exist)

-0.22008...........................= Take off direction in degrees (Direction the plane will use for final take off run)

1.......................................= Number of crew members inside the plane before starting take off procedure

62.....................................= Number of seconds to wait idle after all crew is inside

true..................................= Radio comms (true/false)

"".....................................= Ejection SQF script or "" if none, any script receiving a single argument, the plane.

(The ejection script is not implemented and not included....so far...)

(Mando_land is included but not implemented)

Download V2.0:

Template mission only :

Depositfiles

Armaholic

Template mission + Addons pack :

Depositfiles

DropBox

Required addons (included in the pack)

Monkalbs buildings 2, 3 & Killhouses

ASC EU lights

MAP Editor Upgrade

OPX Buildings

Hardened aircraft shelter (no link, ahah, you have to download my addons pack)

Radars pack (objects, PRV-13, P-37 EWR, ZiL 131)

No required but must have :

Nevada Desert Terrain (CAA1 required)

V1.0

Crappy vids

pCaHcrg2Ozc

0oLQF-xZ_go

F2lBBEHLbow

required addons :

- AGS industrial buildings

- OPX Buildings

- Mondkald's island objects

- Map Editor Upgrade

- ASC EU Lights

Download V1.0:

Rapid share

Armaholic

Have fun :)

Edited by Macadam Cow

nice, and its in the right spot, How will this work on pre existing islands/maps?meaning it requires a bit of flat land .....and most of the newer islands/maps don't have alot of that

How will this work on pre existing islands/maps?meaning it requires a bit of flat land .....and most of the newer islands/maps don't have alot of that

Well, it fits well with Aoraki

arma2OA2011-02-0607-31-21-02.jpg

Bagdad

arma2OA2011-02-0607-36-16-11.jpg

And Marrom Island :

arma2OA2011-02-0607-38-31-53.jpg

And I'm pretty sure it would also be possible to find a place on Sand (map made by Gnat)

But you're right, it looks a bit weird on Mana :

arma2OA2011-02-0607-42-45-83.jpg

Also the terrain doesn't need to be completely flat

Flat airport are way overrated

uNFNFZq2BFY

And I'm trying to get in touch with Opteryx too see if I can provide a link to his Nevada Desert Terrain.

Edited by Macadam Cow

Very nice airbase, I could have fun with that. :)

Nice post there Macadam the cow. Just thought I'd pipe in and say I think this is excellent work. While it might not hold a direct placement in things, there has been conversation on the terrain editing side, regarding the usage of community built elements. This being a perfect example of what said "element" would be.

Very nice work, I can appreciate the time involved and I think you've advertised it very well. If I was someone like Gnat, or the others (with a map out) I'd certainly jump on this. But thats just me ;)

VERY impressive, we do need more of this sort of object templates, especially ones that have far more realism that many of the prior runways

Thanks a lot for the support guys :)

If any map maker is interested by this template I would be happy to give it to them, didn't know it was possible to "merge" it with a map.

:rolleyes:

:D

Here is a little vid showing the scripted landing and taking off :

0oLQF-xZ_go

(Not a really good vid but I didn't want to waste too much time on it)

I have a few things to tweak here and there then I'll release it.

The first release should feature several "samples", due to scripts involved for the landing/taking off it will be better if there's some vehicles with the template,

so you guys can quickly understand how it works and tune it to your preference.

The plan is :

- One empty template, only with markers for taxiing, taking off and landing

- One "ready to use" template with US airplanes (vanilla ArmA)

- One "ready to use" template with Russian airplanes (vanilla ArmA)

- and probably one or 2 other templates featuring addons (ACE, F16, Typhoon,...)

Also I have to thank snake man, when I've first started to work on this it was supposed to be a personal remplacement for the Airbase 1 on his PMC 52Km Desert map.

EDIT : Thanks a lot Foxhound :)

Edited by Macadam Cow

Nice template :)

One suggestion: Could you please change the music of the video? Can't watch it because it's blocked in Germany :(

Sick!!

Also guys, by the looks of it, you can with a bit of editing change the runway layout without too much trouble, if you don't have enough space.

One suggestion: Could you please change the music of the video? Can't watch it because it's blocked in Germany :(

Sorry but I'm having some broadband issues right now, so I can't reupload anything on Youtube + the vid would look weird without that music (I've tried to sync the footage with the music).

As soon as I can I'll upload some footage without music.

Mando's scripts are implemented and working good.

To be honest I wasn't expecting so much enthusiasm, this put some pressure on my shoulders :p

So I'm going to work a little more on the lights and I hope I'll be able to reproduce something like this :

airport.jpg

woa! nice, nice, nice... thanks for sharing with us. I could definitely use that for some of my missions...:yay:

This is one hella airport for the ArmAversum^^

Finally i can do some transports with my AN-225!

Thanks guys :)

This is how it looks ingame :

arma2OA2011-02-0717-32-39-74.jpg

This is the old version :

arma2OA2011-02-0716-24-08-95.jpg

I'm not sure about the color, gold/yellow is closer to the real thing but it's glowing a lot :(

Maybe I should stick with the white lights, what do you think ?

It's a pretty sweet looking airbase, but I just have one gripe with it. All the hesco around it makes it impossible for any ground force to assault it.

Afaik the ArmA hesco is indestructible, so the fighting will pretty quickly focus around the entrances so any tactical considerations are limited. If you can, replace the hesco with plain chainlink fence. The base looks a little too big for an all hesco enclosure anyway.

Well you got a point there but I don't think I'll replace them, at least not in the first release, I already plan to change all the lights color.

I should have done this earlier but after browsing some pics on google I found out taxiways lights are blue. Also I'd like to change the runways lights to some non-blinking ones. But I don't know if I should go with yellow or white ones.

Edit : is there a script for aligning object with each other ? To make a long wall in straight line ?

I remember reading about this a few months earlier but I can't find anything so far

EDIT 2 :

Well white lights glow as much as yellow ones but don't you think it looks somehow better ?

white-yellow.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

White seems... cleaner, but the yellow just... fits. I'm probably thinking about something that can't be done, but is it possible to have a script that shuts them all off? Something where you attach the script to an object (in the control tower for example) where they can be controlled by an ATC, or used as an objective so that whoever controls it can make locating it/landing on it harder.

Do you have MSN/Live Messenger? Would have PMd but its a 1/10 chance of it working with this phone, although I can read em when they popup. (If so just use the icon under my name to add me)

No sorry, I'm not using msn, do you have xfire ?

Yeah I know it could be nice to be able to turn them on/off. I'm quite a noob when it comes to scripting so the only way I could to this is using the "Attach to" command with trigger. But this would require an huge amount of work as I'd have to name each light one by one. Honestly I think this is not going to happen. But if a lost soul comes with a script I'd be glad to integrate it !

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I think I'm going to use the yellow ones. They actually glow a lot less than whites ones once you've reach a certain distance.

Same with the blue lights for taxiways, they will be barely visible from a certain distance :

arma2OA2011-02-0718-59-09-78.jpg

PM sent ;)

I've changed all the taxiways lights and added the approach lights.

arma2OA2011-02-0720-42-21-41.jpg

arma2OA2011-02-0720-51-34-86.jpg

It sure looks good but the problem is there's a serious hit on the FPS now...

2 solution :

- Get rid of all hesco walls, would solve the problem pointed by L3TUC3 and greatly reduce the objects' number

- Simplify the approach lights.

I'm going to try both and see what gives the better result

Looks fantastic. If needed I'd say supply the hesco barriers as a seperate mission file.

(Could you resend the pm? I got your first with the friend request sent, but not the second.)

Yup, I've only sent one PM.

I've simplyfied the approach lights a little bit. I'm probably going to follow your advice and make 2 separate file, people will just have to merge the 2 and they'll have it with hescos.

arma2OA2011-02-0722-01-44-14.jpg

Almost done, the runway on the right is with the new lights, I prefer the look of the old one but at least those doesn't blink