Sign in to follow this  
exall

MiG-29 wip

The Mig-29 isn't a Helicopter..... (and they've already said fixed-wing aircraft will remain basically the same in TKOH.)

The Mig-29 isn't a Helicopter..... (and they've already said fixed-wing aircraft will remain basically the same in TKOH.)

I think he means real MFDs, as well as touching buttons...which are doable anyhow...he wasn't talking about flight behaviour

nice looking one. Good job!

One thing that i have to ask is about the light to the right of the MFD. They sort of look misaligned for some reason

I've done that way on purpose. In rl they're misaligned from the factory and in result of exploitation. If they were ideal, there will be no a touch of romance.

Great aircraft, exall.

Hope you add some polys to canopy frame, such a contrast with interior.

And scrap the symmetry and alignment, this machine must look alive!:DSeriously

Cant wait exall, be sure to also add a "Group" option like: OPFOR>Russia>Air>Mig-29 Fighter Squadron.

Great aircraft, exall.

Hope you add some polys to canopy frame, such a contrast with interior.

And scrap the symmetry and alignment, this machine must look alive!:DSeriously

Agree on that, and i'm already trying to add more polygons on the canopy. Unfortunately, there're almost no reference photos of canopy from the inside.

Rusvolk, the group option is not in prior goals for this moment, there's a lot of more important things to do now. But i'll try not to forget about this.

Very lovely stuff, glad to see that people are ready to push cockpit models much higher than previous..it doesn't really impact performance when you think about it, in a cockpit the entire bottom section of the 'window' is blocked thus removing the rendering of anything below the aircraft and it is local so nobody else is being impacted. You are less likely to see LOD1's of everything especially soldiers and weapons, and when you look down to the gauges/digital displays and side panels, 3/4 of the 'window' is blocked by the aircraft.

I love the cockpit :D Very nice work ! BRAVO !

Thank you for your replies, i really appreciate your interest in this addon.

Will you add the option for other nations paint schemes? It is great to see this standalone legend in Arma 2 :)

Will you add the option for other nations paint schemes?

It's hard to say about it at this moment. I'll definitely make changeable exterior skin. And you can be confident, that i will not make that paint schemes for other nations by myself ;)

Thank you for your replies, i really appreciate your interest in this addon.

This couldn't be different, as it's one of the most iconic aircraft, flown by numerous air forces all over the world. Obviously, it's not the model you've chosen alone - you're approach and care for detail makes it already a keeper.

Thanks for time & effort put into it thus far.

(oh, and do keep it up, please) ;)

yeah, keep it up!

P.S. I hope for SMT and K/KUB versions too (OVT is basically playing with config to increase manueverability) :p

Thanks for very kind words, topas.

I'll make an effort not to drop my face in dirt :)

As for other versions, I have some plans but this talk will be suitable after the completing of this one. And I will not make an OVT, as i said some time ago. There're two reasons for that: first, there's no such kind of a plane in any air forces of the world, it's experimental machine, second, there's only a small quantity of differences from base model. Besides, manueverabilty is not a simple question for me. It took a lot of time to make that thing more flexible than a bis harrier. And it doesn't fly the way i want even now. Myke's F-16 still have supremacy in manuever with afterburner comparing to my mig.

It's hard to say about it at this moment. I'll definitely make changeable exterior skin. And you can be confident, that i will not make that paint schemes for other nations by myself ;)

I can supply skins for Duala's Molatia, Lingor ARL faction and Balkania's Cecanian Army.

Excellent! This way we have a centralized standard from which many different variants can be based off of, I for one have a few planned myself ;)

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for very kind words, topas.

I'll make an effort not to drop my face in dirt :)

As for other versions, I have some plans but this talk will be suitable after the completing of this one. And I will not make an OVT, as i said some time ago. There're two reasons for that: first, there's no such kind of a plane in any air forces of the world, it's experimental machine, second, there's only a small quantity of differences from base model. Besides, manueverabilty is not a simple question for me. It took a lot of time to make that thing more flexible than a bis harrier. And it doesn't fly the way i want even now. Myke's F-16 still have supremacy in manuever with afterburner comparing to my mig.

Handling is down in part to the weight of the model and config, both can be adjusted to make the Mig to perform exactly as you want.

Finsh the model and make sure your happy with it, the config work lots of people can help with.

Adjusting the handling modelwise (as configwork can/will be done afterwards):

in the F-16, the mass distribution was one of the keypoints to adjust the handling. To achieve this, i had to work with a simple but effective system. In the Geometry LOD, the planes geometry itself doesn't have mass assigned. Instead i created 4 small cubes which have the overall mass assigned. Thos boxes are placed around the planes shape, one in front, one in back and one on left and right each.

I don't know how the physical term is, but the closer those boxes are to the center of the planes shape, the faster the roll/pitch/yaw rates are. As example, move the boxes left and right close to the center and you will get extremely high roll rates. Move them 10 away from the center and the plane almost refuses to roll. ;)

One important thing: don't name those boxes as "ComponentXX" (XX being a number) or they will have collision detection enabled. As you will have them most likely outside of the planes shape, this wouldn't be a wanted effect. :D