Zipper5

ARMA 2 Patching FAQ

I just wanted to let you know this patching process was terribly terribly confusing.

I couldn't even check the version of Arma II / CO that I had from within the game.

Since I just bought the game YESTERDAY it is a wonder why the patch wasn't included with my purchase!

Thanks for this post though, hopefully it brings an end to the nightmare.

Iv just try to update to 1.62 patch but it says ArmA OA/BAF is not on computer. Iv got the game installed on my number 2 drive not my main one, is that the problem? Or is there anyway around this issue?

Sorry wrong topic in wrong place.

Edited by 1in1class
Wrong Post

hi last night i bought arma 2:co and installed today when i woke up. i tried to install patch 1.62 and it said i need to update to 1.60 first and that my game version was 1.59

at the arma 2 website with all the patches, i have tried the download button at that page, and all the mirrors, to no avail. does this patch not exist anymore?

i know im late to this game but i wanna play!

please help and thanks!

Official site or Armaholic site :dd:

- NOTE: This patch will also update your:

* ARMA 2 1.05 to 1.11. (note: ARMA 2 version 1.00-1.04 must first use patch 1.0x to 1.05)

* ARMA 2 BAF 1.00 to 1.03 if necessary.

* ARMA 2 PMC 1.00 to 1.02 if necessary.

* BattlEye within ARMA 2, ARMA 2: OA, ARMA 2: RFT to actual revision

My Arma 2 1.05 to 1.11 patch tells me "System cannot find file".

I have A2 1.09 and OA at 1.62.

I've tried uninstalling and all different patch orders but the 1.11 patch will never find the file.

Christ almighty this has been the most frustrating experience trying to install the correct patches.

You stated above that "I have ARMA 2: Combined Operations, but I only see patches for ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. Do I need to install both?

No, you only need to install the patch for ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead as it includes the patch for ARMA 2 in it."

Then why the hell are there two versions of the same patch???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This update is for all non-steam versions of Arma 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements 1.60-1.62."

"This update is for all non-steam versions of Arma 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements 1.50-1.60."

Which bloody version do I have? How can I even find out? Do I need to find out? Man o man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks =)

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

I just wanted to let you know this patching process was terribly terribly confusing.

I couldn't even check the version of Arma II / CO that I had from within the game.

Since I just bought the game YESTERDAY it is a wonder why the patch wasn't included with my purchase!

Thanks for this post though, hopefully it brings an end to the nightmare.

Bloody hell,here's my bloody post from last year, LMFAO, still the same pile of crap though.

/* I'm amazed how slow/old this thead is. In Steam Forums there's a lot of folk struggling with "Bad Version" see http://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/558753803817307825/ */

Last time I played A:OA was last fall. Everything was working real well.

Today? Bad Version or Connection lost everytime. I went through a lot of servers and connect to none.

I'm running OA 1.63.112555 ...

... is that bad? do we need to step back to 1.62 somehow?

Man, really a bummer. Everything was running so well.

please help when i got in to the registery editor there was already a main string. Still i cant run the patch

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

When i run patch 1.60 it says the installation is corrpited

Apologies if I post this in the wrong thread

A Steam related question to the update of Arma 2.

I've been trying to Verify the Game Cache with Arma 2, and it states as following when it was completed:

"31 Files failed to validate and will be reaquired"

After that, an update would start for Arma 2 of approximately 294.6 MB.

After the update, it should've been done and over with. Instead, when I try to verify it again to make sure they are all validated, it still says:

"31 Files failed to validate and will be reacquired" and the update starts again.

It keeps doing this over and over everytime I verify the game cache. I can't identify the problem preventing the update to install properly.

Is there any possible causes for this strange behavior? I've already tried resetting the PC and reinstalling Arma 2. No success.

At this point, I do not have any expansion packs or mods installed on Arma 2. It is still the only Arma game I have. I suspect this immature update behavior could be related to the Drag Action failing to appear in the Action Selection menu when dealing with injured soldiers within the game.