Sign in to follow this  
postman84

Have retail OA, can I dl the PMC expansion on Steam?

Or do I really have to purchase OA on Steam in order for the PMC expansion to work (if I were to purchase it on Steam)? Obviously I don't want to pay for another copy.

Please answer this simple question. It is so difficult to ask questions, even in the information age.

Hello,

Have retail OA, can I dl the PMC expansion on Steam?

Or do I really have to purchase OA on Steam in order for the PMC expansion to work

Your contradicting yourself here, you first say you have OA and then you ask if you have to purchase OA on Steam.

So which is it? Do you have OA or not?

Would it make more sense to go to the Steam store and search to see if its there and read the requirements then wait 1-3 maybe never,

days to get an answer from someone who may or may not know, and if they didn't know would they go out of their way to do the search for you?

I did the search for you and the answer is yes:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65720/

according to the steam page:

Downloadable Content

Requires the base game ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead on Steam in order to play.

In most cases its more efficient and less time consuming to find out yourself, and if you cant after really trying then ask.

Or do I really have to purchase OA on Steam in order for the PMC expansion to work

Ok, I misunderstood the question being specific to steam forgive me, but of course you don't need to purchase an OA steam version.

The game in general does not have any required place to get it, a file is a file no matter where you get it, its how and where you install it in the end.

I knew somebody would manage to misunderstand what I was saying and turn it on me...

I said I have the retail version of OA, meaning I purchased a copy through a retail vendor, NOT Steam.

I KNOW it says on Steam that you need to purchase OA off of Steam in order for it to work...

I was just wondering if I absolutely had to buy a copy of OA off of Steam in order to get a copy of the PMC expansion to work (IF I were to purchase it off Steam)....

Because OBVIOUSLY, I don't want to buy another copy.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Anyway, I think you answered it there... Thanks anyway.

Sprocket is a good place to order, it is an official BIS store.

But like the others have said, no you can't use your retail OA copy with Steam DLC.

Sprocket, in my opinion, is the best way to buy a BIS product.

I knew somebody would manage to misunderstand what I was saying and turn it on me...

Nobody was meaning to turn anything on you, the question was just misunderstood, lets not turn a mistake into a negitive,

you got the answer you were looking for and thats what matters. Glad you got it figured out. :)

Sprocket is good, I got OA from sprocket def reccomend them over Amazon, or even steam.

OK, thanks. I see on Sprocket you have to pay in pounds, which makes it slightly more expensive. I try my best to save money, not to be a cheap bastard or anything.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I'm a noob here, so sorry for all the noob questions that have probably been answered many times before. You would be surprised how hard it is to find answers to simple questions, even with search queries!

I see on Sprocket you have to pay in pounds, which makes it slightly more expensive.

Theres a button towards the bottem on the right of the page to change the currency.

Dont know what your currency is but for USD PMC is 11.88

cheaper to buy sprocket if u can, or amazon and get the RETAIL PMC/BAF addons on DVD, so then you don't need spend $40 on OA again on Steam.. I just bought on Steam because its cheapest and fastest for me.. but I don't feel happy spending so much ($60 USD OA+DLCs) with no physical item. At least I got Arma2 for $30 on sale at retailer, with case/DVD/manual etc. I don't feel good having a list of Steam games or GOG or Direct2Drive or whatever.. it feels so empty without the pretty case on my shelf :)

and get the RETAIL PMC/BAF addons on DVD
PMC and BAF are both downloadable only, not available on DVD.

ahh, I thought through some services you could get it sent on a DVD-R at least?

That isn't too pricey for the content. I think I will go for it. Plus, I am all for supporting the developers.