• "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" by Bethesda
  • "Star Trek Bridge Commander" by Totally Games
  • "M1 Tank Platoon II" by Microprose
  • "LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2.0" by Eagle Dynamics

Edited by Beagle

In no particular order.

GoldenEye 007 (1997)

Command & Conquer: Generals (2003)

Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight (2003)

The Sims 2 (2004)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)

1. Grim Fandango

2. Vietcong

3. Baldurs Gate serie

4. Blade Runner

5. Falcon 4.0

Just some i can remember right now.

1. SW:KotOR series

2. Mass Effect series

3. Total War series

4. C&C: Red Alert 2

5. The Thing

1.TLOZ: Ocarina of Time

2.TLOZ: Majoras Mask

3.Super Mario series

4.GTA series

5.Star Wars: Jedi Knight II

They are f*ckin' awesome, tho it is hard to make a list that contain only 5 games/series

5. The Thing

I wanted to love it, but I'll be damned if it wasn't bugged 5 ways to Sunday.

The triggers which automatically turned your men into Things despite testing them mere instants before hand made me simply leave them outside in the cold to die, or blow their heads off.

For PC titles

1. Fallout 2 (Turn Based Post-Apocalyptic RPG) [My favorite game]
  2. Jagged Alliance 2 (Turn Based Team Strategy) [1.13 is amazing]
  3. Delta Force 2 (First Person Shooter) [My 1st PC game]
  4. Total Annihilation (Real Time Strategy) [Check out Spring]
  5. Rainbow Six (First Person Tactical Shooter / Plan 'n' Execute Mission) [+Rogue Spear, Eagle Watch, Urban Operations]

And a small bonus For Consoles/Old Systems

1. G-Police (Combat Flying Sim) [Countless hours spent] - PS1
  2. Command and Conquer (Real Time Strategy) [The 1st one] - PS1
  3. Solomon's Key (Puzzle) [i had to buy 2-3 Joysticks for this game due to extensive usage] -Amstrad CPC6128
  4. Golden AXE (Hack and Slash) [2-Player mode with my cousin] -Amstrad CPC6128
  5. Gran Turismo (Driving Simulator) [Countless hours trying to get those Drivers Licences] - PS1 (1,2) and PS2 (3,Prologue,4)

(5 Games was cruelly small amount of games....)

in no order:

C&C Red Alert 1

Total Annihilation

Heroes of Might and Magic II

Duke Nukem 3D

Carmageddon + Splat Pack

I can't believe some people here putting stuff like Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect 2 as BEST games of ALL time. Not trying to pick on specific people, it's just a general observation.

I've only really started properly playing games since 2001-ish. OFP was literally my first PC game. And in all honesty, since 2001, the 5 non-BIS games I listed have been the ones that have had the biggest impact on me, and I don't think it's possible to say that any of them weren't special in some way.

Half-Life 2 was special because of many factors, namely how cinematic it was and its impressive physics engine for the time. Mass Effect 2 is special because of how it has essentially mastered the technique of story-telling in a video game (in my opinion). Batman: Arkham Asylum is special because it's the only good Batman game since the SNES one, and it's actually very good at that. Spider-Man 2 was special because it, along with GTA 3, introduced the world to a 3D open-ended "playground" environment, and mastered the way to control a character such as Spider-Man in such an environment. Finally, I think Call of Duty 4 was special because of both its storyline (albeit short) and, of course, its multiplayer which I still play to this day. It's a shame what's happened to the brand since it, though.

Hi there

these are my favourites

Silent Hunter

Ghost Recon orig.

Vietcong

Homeworld

Panzer General

still playing them from time to time when I need a break from BIS games.:D

kind regards

I forgot to put in my top 5 'Links Championship Edition' - the golf sim. I've consistently kept a version of Links on my HD since 1997 (or thereabouts). Courses are still being produced - some really beautiful work, both to look at and play. It's tended to be my first install after the OS on new computer builds.

I forgot to put in my top 5 'Links Championship Edition' - the golf sim. I've consistently kept a version of Links on my HD since 1997 (or thereabouts). Courses are still being produced - some really beautiful work, both to look at and play. It's tended to be my first install after the OS on new computer builds.

I have a 4 CD Version of 1998 or 1999 I believe.

Call of Duty 4 (Awesome story, great multiplayer, great memories)

World in Conflict (Awesome RTS game, too bad Ubisoft killed it to make room for Endwar)

Battlefield 1942 (Still play it)

Joint Operations (Great, semi-realistic FPS with huge maps and support for 150 players)

Battlefield 2

1. Mass Effect series

2. The first Ghost Recon series (Not that POS GRAW)

3. World in Conflict

4. the Star Wars X-Wing and Tie Fighter games

5. Pac Man

finally some more people mention WiC :)

WiC has got to be my favorite RTS. I've also been involved with the Modern Warfare mod, those guys are essentially bringing ArmA-style realism into WiC.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw

I've also been working on my own mod, called Red Storm Rising.

[/shameless advertising]

I wish we could have named more than 5 games, there are a few more which I love but didn't include.

Fallout 3 & New Vegas

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series

Killing Floor

Half Life 2(and it's episodes)

Red Orchestra 2(Because I know it will be the best game evar)

WiC has got to be my favorite RTS. I've also been involved with the Modern Warfare mod, those guys are essentially bringing ArmA-style realism into WiC.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw

I've also been working on my own mod, called Red Storm Rising.

[/shameless advertising]

I wish we could have named more than 5 games, there are a few more which I love but didn't include.

Can you use the mod in the SP campaign?

1. Mafia (PC version)

2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

3. The Sims

4. Driv3r

5. Fallout 3

6 The Getaway

7. Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

8. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

EDIT: I just wanted to add that Mafia has as much to do with Mafia 2 as CWC has to do with Dragon Rising or Red River.

Can you use the mod in the SP campaign?
Not right now, but you can use it on Skirmish against bots and there is official dedicated server support for it.

I remember having an alpha build where you had T-90s in one of the campaign missions so perhaps that might be planned for a later time. I've been out of touch with the rest of the Dev team, spending most of my time playing ARMA. :yay:

1. Mafia (PC version)

EDIT: I just wanted to add that Mafia has as much to do with Mafia 2 as CWC has to do with Dragon Rising or Red River.

My brother has the Mafia 2 demo, I must admit I never played Mafia 1, however Mafia 2 doesn't look all that bad. Except that they completely overdid bloom effects and now 12PM looks like shit.

And I am glad to see some other Joint Ops fans here. Too bad that game died an early death, it had serious potential.

Edited by RangerPL