Sign in to follow this  
Baraka

Penetration Effekt

I know, the title is a bit of lol....:p

It´s a realy cool Feature that we can chose a Material for the hitting sound and the "flakes" that falling down.

Unfortunately all this flakes are not the right thing i need.

In the ".bisurf" are no infos where to search so i have to ask here.

I guess the black point where you shot is an shader where we can do nothing,

but those flakes must be p3d-models.

Also the sound is maybe replaceable.

So, if somebody has an idea how to deal with this i will be much obliged.

I think he's asking if anyone knows how to alter the penetration effects. He says that he's tried different bisurf files, but what he really wants is more control to get what effects he wants specifically.

That's more a partical thing I think. But is to be an addon in the works or just another request wrapped up in a discussion?

It is still being counted as a request

I know, the title is a bit of lol....:p

Use descriptive titles next time please!

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Edited by avengerzx

It's neither. He's asking how to do something. I don't see a request in there at all. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. It looks like he is currently doing something and is looking for advice. In the light of this, why would someone 'count it' as an addon request? LOL. If anything is wrong with this thread, it should be counted as a question involving editing, and should go in the editing forum. Further more, his thread title seems descriptive enough at least to me. He's asking a question about altering the penetration effects, and therefore his thread is titled 'penetration effects'. I don't see what's so non-descriptive about it.

But for whatever reason questions are not being asked here, Moderators would not like to see people posting too much Threads in a Secton flooding the server and will be deleted after lock.

Also questions mostly asked in EDITING or Addon Research Topic.

Sorry for the mistake.

Edited by avengerzx

But for whatever reason questions are not being asked here, Moderators would not like to see people posting too much Threads in a Secton flooding the server and will be deleted after lock.

When's the last time you saw a thread deleted on this forum? Mostly the locked threads are there for quite a while. I'm not sure if there is much of a problem with the forum server machine.

While you're quoting rules, you should be aware of the rule that asks you not to respond to posts that break the rules but to report them instead.

Also questions mostly asked in EDITING or Addon Research Topic.

Sorry for the mistake.

Yeah, in those places he's liable to find someone who actually knows what he's talking about...

In your model's 'Fire Geometry' LOD, select the parts of the vehicle's geometry that you want to have a specific material effects e.g the metal parts, then press 'E' to open the 'Face Properties' window.

In the field that says 'Material' browse through 'ca\data\penetration\' for an rvmat that contains the bisurf info you want; 'e.g ca\data\penetration\metalplate.rvmat'; then click okay.

Do the same for other parts of the fire geo that correspond to parts made of different materials like glass (windows) rubber (tyres) etc etc.

We'll see when he comes back, by my interpretation of his post leads me to believe he knows how to do that, but he wants to make his own effects. He wants to know how to edit the sparks and sounds that are triggered by the bisurf files. I think he also says that he wishes to do something about the black bullet-holes, but laments that they are shader based and there's no real asset he can change.

Aye, I think you're right. I didn't see this part when I read through it earlier:

Unfortunately all this flakes are not the right thing i need.

Kind of changes the way I read it...

We'll see when he comes back, by my interpretation of his post leads me to believe he knows how to do that, but he wants to make his own effects. He wants to know how to edit the sparks and sounds that are triggered by the bisurf files. I think he also says that he wishes to do something about the black bullet-holes, but laments that they are shader based and there's no real asset he can change.

Pretty spot on methinks.

Judging from his wip list he wants to make a paint splatter effect instead of the usual metal spark or wood flakes :notify:

Sorry for confuse some people!

My english is not the best...

I asked if there is a way to change the metal\wood\glas-flakes.

Like Mr Burns said before i need it for some paint splatters when a bullet hit.

I do know how to apply the Material-Shader.But there is ofcourse no paint-effekt.

Yesterday i had a look in the CA, there is an folder "partikel effekts\universal".

I think all i need is in there.

Our models have yet a plexiplate.rvmat in the fire-geo because the sound is the next thing to reality.

When a shot hit the objekt there is a black hole.This is a shader imo. Isn´t really important for me.

At the same time some flakes appear and fall down. I guess it´s the same effekt like glass.

This is what i wanna change.

In the CA-configs i can´t find nothing what helps a bit.

My idea was to create a seperate Hit effekt with my own flakes and my own penetration rvmat.

You can also try to attack the problem from the other side. Maybe you can make the paintballs explosive projectiles. Then they will 'splat' when they hit bushes, and it doesn't matter what material they hit. Also, then you only have to worry about editing one kind of hit effect, instead of one for each material.

You can also try to attack the problem from the other side. Maybe you can make the paintballs explosive projectiles. Then they will 'splat' when they hit bushes, and it doesn't matter what material they hit. Also, then you only have to worry about editing one kind of hit effect, instead of one for each material.

That´s a good idea.

I never worked with explosives so i can´t say anything about it.

My config abilitys are very limited so i have to talk with our scripter.

With the material-types i´m not afraid. One kind will do it perfectly.