Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

So America could produce really maneuverable fighters with 3D thrust vectoring, but we would have to compromise some of the stealth to do it, right? Although, I think considering this, the F-22 is still pretty damn maneuverable.

So America could produce really maneuverable fighters with 3D thrust vectoring, but we would have to compromise some of the stealth to do it, right? Although, I think considering this, the F-22 is still pretty damn maneuverable.

They could, however, where's the cash for it?

They could, however, where's the cash for it?

Yeah, good point, but I guess my question is that does the f-22 need to be any more maneuverable?

Yeah, good point, but I guess my question is that does the f-22 need to be any more maneuverable?

If they tend to be a purpose same as the classic (not old-school. A serious classic) dog-fighting, then I can tell you even with 3DTV they won't be satisfied. If it's just for ultra-range assault, using 3DTV is a shame.

I'm not surprised that dog-fighting still exists even in this era, however the problem is why they have to keep using this tactics by increasing the maneuverability with supersonic cruise speed. If F-22 is mean to be made for "Chasing" hostile instead of "Sniping" a hostile then I don't judge a word. But for most of the well-trained advance pilots they still believe in "Aerial Chivalry", dog-fighting a plane is more like an honor and to make sure the plane still can maintain battle without missile.

LOL .... the Cold War pissing competition still lives on within the proponents younger ones ;)

Anyhow, I suspect thrust vectoring will be placed way down the list of "useful" stuff as Military Merchants increase their evolving fleets of unmanned aircraft, of every type.

..... its the future.

Aerial warfare technique involves using what your aircraft is good at against what the opponent's is bad at. An aircraft can't be the fastest AND the most maneuverable AND the most stealthy AND the highest climbing AND the most sturdy. Besides, I'm really confused as to what the big deal about yaw vectoring is at any rate. If the designers of the raptor really felt that yaw maneuverability was super important, they probably would have designed the raptor with all flying vertical stabilizers. Instead, it has rudders. It obviously wasn't a big consideration in the design.

Aerial warfare technique involves using what your aircraft is good at against what the opponent's is bad at. An aircraft can't be the fastest AND the most maneuverable AND the most stealthy AND the highest climbing AND the most sturdy. Besides, I'm really confused as to what the big deal about yaw vectoring is at any rate. If the designers of the raptor really felt that yaw maneuverability was super important, they probably would have designed the raptor with all flying vertical stabilizers. Instead, it has rudders. It obviously wasn't a big consideration in the design.

You know what? Boeing is just announced that they were try to get this way done by setting up their own originality of the aeroflight design. Perhaps Boeing is already bored for being a spec-pusher, but more like an inventor of the evolution. Problem is, what kind of development could make them able to do so?

3336fc50-999c-47ad-ae84-eb0865f70e65.Full.jpg

ada35a34-b1dc-4db8-8e94-5ac131abd39d.Full.jpg

Hi all:

Quite an interesting topic being discussed here. :D

About this project, although my university study for this year has officially finished (Well, I still got two exams mid-December, but that should be fine :P).

But my planned holiday 'fun' time was changed after receiving a job offer. Having started this new job last week, it became quite clear that time to work on this project is very limited.

But I still plan on doing some minor tweaks and changes on this addon over the next three month (I cannot give a exact date at this time).

On another note, despite my limited time availability, my enthusiasm remains high. I intend to start working on a brand new addon as soon as I consider work on the F-22 is complete and to a satisfactory standard, so stay tuned. :)

P.S. those following the discussions on the previous page might want to check out the Boeing Sixth Generation fighter proposal (I think it's called F/A-XX). though there's not much there, but I still think it's an interesting read.

Progress Report

- ArmA 2 Styled Unit Pic

- Handling improvement (reduced speed loss when turning)

- Afterburner sound (in progress)

- Cockpit MFD (in progress, currently on hold)

- New Engine Sound (in progress)

- Plus a few minor changes

I'm going to try to get this released as soon I'm done with the changes.

But I do still have 2 more exams next week, so just bear with me

On a side note, why hasn't there been any news for ArmA 3 for this long? :p

Any possible scripting or else could make it perform vector thrusting? Something like ACE afterburner with F-35B when in VTOL, the afterburner is still make the plane goes forward when it's hovering. I hope it can inspire you to get the idea.

Top speed is a factor of the top speed characteristic and its weight (moreso its weight). Weight is also an important (negative) factor in maneuverability.... So there is a compromise you're looking for.

@Dysta: can you give me a bit more on that please, are we talking improved maneuverability or something else (if so, please elaborate).

@Alkar Cammer: I have been experimenting with different speed configurations in the past, however, the current set-up is the best as it has a relatively good speed and acceptable speed loss when maneuvering. Although I could look a bit more into it.

@Dysta: can you give me a bit more on that please, are we talking improved maneuverability or something else (if so, please elaborate).

Maneuverability and speed. I mean, adding some extra thrusts script which is fixed at the tail just like normal afterburner effect used in F-16 addon. And the non-scripted acceleration can be horizontally maneuverable just like VTOL.

Maneuverability and speed. I mean, adding some extra thrusts script which is fixed at the tail just like normal afterburner effect used in F-16 addon. And the non-scripted acceleration can be horizontally maneuverable just like VTOL.

Right, I will see if I can further increase the Maneuverability, it's a little difficult to do with out getting much speed loss. And hold on to that thought with the script, I will see what happens.

Hey folks,

I'm new to the Arma II realm, though I have played OFP for some time, and am having an issue with this addon. I am able only to lock onto air contacts with JDAMs and ground contacts with AIM-9s and 120s. This may have more to do with GLT Missilebox than the aircraft addon, but I'm not sure. Has anyone experienced this issue or know of a correction?

While locking on ground contacts with AA weapons is a known ArmA 2 bug (some call it "feature"), the JDAM shouldn't lock on air targets nor ground targets at all. Due to the GPS/INS system i use, JDAM's can lock on laser targets as it (ab)uses the laserlock system of ArmA 2 for mimic a GPS/INS system.

Care to elaborate what kind of air targets you could lock on with JDAM's?

H6LNOrTDnuY

Here's a short video I made (just messing around with camera.sqs) to show off the Thrust Vector Control capability that the Raptor has and how it works in ArmA 2. Amazing maneuverability.

Do you guys think that BI should put the F-22 in Arma 3? With an enemy that now has powerful capabilities, the F-22 would seem ideal along with the F-35 in this situation.

I don't care if it's in the campaign or not, I just think they should put it in the editor.

I know we're waiting but remember the forum rules:

---

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

what is actually being waited on? from the release notes it looks as if the plane is pretty complete? I'm considering adding it to my mission so could i get some feedback on what is "missing"?

what is actually being waited on? from the release notes it looks as if the plane is pretty complete? I'm considering adding it to my mission so could i get some feedback on what is "missing"?

There's no stealth yet.