Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

i thought the GAU-12 was 20mm as well (its 25mm), thats why i thought that it the m61 felt "nerfed" compared to the GAU-12.

so is the tracer issue related to the type of ammo?

i'll see if i can dig up any info on how to modify a ammo type to make them a tracer round.

The reason that there is no visible bullet (tracer if you must), is because I wanted the F-22 to remain as stealth to its opponents as possible

Without tracers its extremely hard (for me) to correct for range, speed, ect.

The way i see it, is that if you are within range to hit a target with the Vulcan, stealth isn't much of a factor because you are within visible range anyway.

Again, its your mod, not mine. I'm just giving you my opinion/feedback.

i thought the GAU-12 was 20mm as well (its 25mm), thats why i thought that it the m61 felt "nerfed" compared to the GAU-12.

so is the tracer issue related to the type of ammo?

i'll see if i can dig up any info on how to modify a ammo type to make them a tracer round.

Well, let's put it this way. In real life, the PGU-14/B API fired by the gau-8 avenger can penetrate 38 mm of RHA at 1000m. It should not bust tanks either... and neither should the 25mm ammo... but I can see that your complaint is based on balancing concerns and not necessarily factual concerns.

Edited by Max Power

I made the mistake of thinking that the GAU-12 and M61 fired the same round, thats why i thought the M61 was underpowered. i made the mistake of comparing it to the F35 which fires a larger round, instead of relating it to something that fires the same, or similar, round.

Now that i realize the difference, it makes sense that it feels underpowered.

Also, i wouldn't say i'm "complaining", i'm just giving my feedback. If im coming off as "rude" let me know and i won't share my opinion.

I made the mistake of thinking that the GAU-12 and M61 fired the same round, thats why i thought the M61 was underpowered. i made the mistake of comparing it to the F35 which fires a larger round, instead of relating it to something that fires the same, or similar, round.

Now that i realize the difference, it makes sense that it feels underpowered.

Also, i wouldn't say i'm "complaining", i'm just giving my feedback. If im coming off as "rude" let me know and i won't share my opinion.

No, I got that. Without Hijacking Nes4day's thread, you were saying it feels under powered compared to the F-35's weapon. You mean in game, of course? I think the f-35's cannon is a bit over modelled in ArmA 2.

yes, i mean in game, mainly in dogfights i notice it more than ever. not a big deal though..

okay, ill quit hijacking now :D

I have considered giving the gun more fire power, but I just think that the Raptor shouldn't be used to strafe hardened ground targets, but I'm not saying that I won't consider change the power in the future for balance. So for now, just stick to those SDB people. :)

Edited by nes4day

nes4day, so did you come to a conclusion regarding the lean feature (i.e. whether or not it's going to be moved to the action menu as [GLT]Myke brought up earlier)?

Changes in the next update

-[changed] HUD cross-hair removed for better viewing

-[changed] leaning is now action menu activated (disabled by default) thanks to [GLT]Myke

-[fixed] flare opening the weapon bay when being deployed

-[tweak]optimized handling and speed (more work still required)

-[added] 1000lb JDAM variant

-Addon is now signed and will come with bikey

ongoing

-afterburner is being fixed but there are still few minor issues

-wheels not turning when taxing

-Possibly ArmA 2 style unit picture if I have the time

Expected release before the end of Thursday.

Nice upcoming update... so still no afterburner fix then? lol im still not getting it going

top speed as it says when its activated! lol

Nice upcoming update... so still no afterburner fix then? lol im still not getting it going

top speed as it says when its activated! lol

The afterburner works, but now it's not turning off when you're telling it to.:)

New Update Released!!!

V0.4.0B is now out

It is now signed and comes with bikey

Change log:

V0.4.0

- [changed] HUD cross-hair removed for better viewing

- [changed] leaning is now action menu activated (disabled by default) thanks to [GLT]Myke

- [fixed] flare opening the weapon bay when being deployed

- [fixed] Afterburner now functions properly

- [tweak]optimized model weight

- [added] 1000lb JDAM variant

- Addon is now signed and will come with bikey

- Addon is now binarized

Download Link

Gamefront Mirror

Plans for future update

- Reduce the speed drop when turning

- Future increase acceleration

- Add afterburner sound

- Fix the wheels

- Improve the cockpit

- Damage Model

- Better Shadow

Have fun. :)

Edited by nes4day

New Update Released!!!

Have fun. :)

Hey nes4day! I download your F-22 and when i start the game in editor - bluefor-us army-air - ??? The aircraft is missing! After all when i unpack your archive the size of him is 7,2 mb but your previous version have size 30,1 mb.... please Ñheck your archives

Edited by RaiBow Six Vegas 2

i still have crosshair....i'm going to disable Ace2 and i'll check if it is a sort of incompatibility.

i still have crosshair....i'm going to disable Ace2 and i'll check if it is a sort of incompatibility.

GREAT Work! But why when I click on the acceleration, the view is like from the side of the cab?

Edited by RaiBow Six Vegas 2

GREAT Work! But why when I click on the acceleration, the view is like from the side of the cab?

That is the lean function... lean and accelerate are the same key....

@Raibow, the addon has been binarized, so the size is significantly reduced. Also, there is a action called enable/disable lean if you don't want to lean.

@Isola, the crosshairs for the gun is still there, I remover the HUD crooshair texture so that it doesn't affect the view and it would feel more realistic-ish.

That is the lean function... lean and accelerate are the same key....

People tend to forget that undor "Options -> Controls" they can adjust keybindings...either for leaning or for thrust. FPDR

I think I'd just go buy a nice joystick w/throttle for flying these bad boys. I doubt I could afford one with rudder pedals though. That way I won't have to mess up my key bindings. :p

Myke;1857893']People tend to forget that undor "Options -> Controls" they can adjust keybindings...either for leaning or for thrust. FPDR

Well, this doesn't work for me... As soon as I rebind throttle keys, leaning stops working. :)

the afterburner doesnt work for me, and i dont see the jet streams anymore, it says im missing extendet eventhandlers or something but i downloaded the cba again, but it still gives the same error. any ideas/fixes??

The white annoying cross hair is still there, lol .. also there is no flare for me when the weapon bay opens :(

and i still feel a little lean when turning etc, .. your close to getting this great! .. thx again for update

Edit: oh yeah, forgot that one .. afterburner IS working for me this time, but sadly the jet streams are no more :(

and i still feel a little lean when turning etc,

Try the default BIS planes and you'll see that it has nothing to do with this addon.

also there is no flare for me when the weapon bay opens

Care to elaborate a bit more? Weapon bays shouldn't open anymore when dropping flares. Also otherways they are not linked together.