Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

Great job guys!

The handling is great, i love how quick it turns. the thrust vectoring seems to work how it should, it just doesn't seem to have enough power to complete a full turn without stalling.

I also noticed the bombs are about 5-10 meters off (travels too far).

if i may make some suggestions now. (i don't mean to be a pain in the ass, these are just minor criticisms. its your plane, do with it what you please)

Maybe you could script the cockpit to close after a certain speed (20 knots or so).

and also, could you make the afterburner shut off when you let off the throttle, but come back on when you go full throttle again (if its switched on in the first place)

I didn't see anything wrong with the afterburner so long as you are full throttle. its just a minor annoyance if it shuts off every time you let off the throttle and you have to switch it back on

Anyway, thanks again for making a kickass addon! :D

at full throttle it leans automatically to the left,is it normal?

And the gun's crosshair leans to the left as well (using ACE).

he lose too much speed during turns,doesn't he?From 980 to 340 circa

Btw great mod,great airplane,great animation and great model,well done!

Feedback incoming :D

Edited by Isola

@Nes4day,

I just check the arma2oa.RPT file, and found lots of such information about F22:

Old style material flags used - 50 (with texture ca\data\data\default_co.paa)

Old style material flags used - 203 (with texture 3lb_f22\texture\f22_b1.paa)

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5779, 5783, 5782

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5779, 5782, 5778

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5787, 5783

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5783, 5779

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5784, 5785, 5781

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5784, 5781, 5780

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5785, 5793, 5790

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5785, 5790, 5781

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5790, 5793

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5793, 5787

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1409, 1403, 1413

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1409, 1413, 1412

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1412, 1397, 1399

Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1412, 1399, 1409

The M61A2 cannon seems can't shoot through there is sound for it.

And while a press "Q" or "E" try to thrust engine, the white crosshair tilt left or right.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

i have no "flames" or something like that coming out from thrusters,maybe some colors are appreciated.

F22_Afterburner.jpg

Btw your model is awesome i definitely love it :p and the canopy is perfect :p

Something strange happens when I increase speed. There are two functions with the Q button. I change view to the left and increase speed at the same time. Can this be changed I doesnt feel right when the view changes.

Something strange happens when I increase speed. There are two functions with the Q button. I change view to the left and increase speed at the same time. Can this be changed I doesnt feel right when the view changes.

yes it kinda leans to the left but also the main gun crosshair leans,dunno:confused:

The leaning to the left is the leaning feature I was asking for feed back for, I will see to that ASAP.

@LAO FEI MAO: RPT errors will be dealt later, there are higher priority items still to do

@Isola: if you have the afterburner on, but no effect, please supply screenshot

Now i'm at work i cannot try it any further......i could'nt make afterburner works in my last gaming session maybe something related to ACE and keybindings..

Another bug a found was landing's gears wheels not rolling but doing a "moonwalk"!

I can confirm that when u release countermeasures it opens bomb bays.

The leaning uses the same key input as the leaning as infantry. Unfortunately vehicle controls have a different action laid on the "lean" keys. Simply adjusting keys in the control setup might solve the problem.

About CM opening bomb bays, i'll have a look at the script but i think fixing this is not a big deal. FYI, CM's are handled as regular weapons so the script "thinks" it has to open the bays to "fire the weapon"...lazyness from my side to exclude CM's from bomb bay handling.

About those errors:

Old style material flags used - 50 (with texture ca\data\data\default_co.paa)
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5779, 5783, 5782
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5779, 5782, 5778
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5787, 5783
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5783, 5779
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5784, 5785, 5781
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5784, 5781, 5780
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5785, 5793, 5790
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5785, 5790, 5781
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5790, 5793
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 5786, 5793, 5787
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1409, 1403, 1413
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1409, 1413, 1412
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1412, 1397, 1399
Warning: 3lb_f22\3lb_f22.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 1412, 1399, 1409

nes4day, might it be you didn't binarized the addon? Usually those errors are gone once binarized. Use binPBO to pack the addon and check the "Binarize" box.

Myke;1852689']

nes4day' date=' might it be you didn't binarized the addon? Usually those errors are gone once binarized. Use binPBO to pack the addon and check the "Binarize" box.[/quote']

It was binarized, but when I was testing it in-game, there's always an error about the rvmat, so I left it un-binned

Also, the leaning feature, I will take calls for removal into consideration if this cause too much inconvenience

It was binarized, but when I was testing it in-game, there's always an error about the rvmat, so I left it un-binned

Also, the leaning feature, I will take calls for removal into consideration if this cause too much inconvenience

Hmm...never had an error about rvmats while i was testing it. Care to elaborate?

:EDITH:

About the opening weapon bays when launching flares, open the init.sqf and locate this part:

if (isnil "nes4day_F22firedEH") then {
nes4day_F22firedEH = {
	private ["_unit","_weapon","_magazine","_outerMagazine"];
	_unit = _this select 0;
	_weapon = _this select 1;
	_magazine = _this select 6;
	if (_weapon == "3lb_M61A2") then {
		if (!(_unit getVariable "gunfire")) then {
			_unit setVariable ["gunfire", true];
			_unit animate ["wb_m61", 1];
			while {(inputAction "DefaultAction") > 0} do {sleep 0.05};
			_unit animate ["wb_m61", 0];
			_unit setVariable ["gunfire", false];
		};
	} else {

There is one line to insert:

if (_weapon == "CMFlareLauncher") exitwith {};

at this place:

if (isnil "nes4day_F22firedEH") then {
nes4day_F22firedEH = {
	private ["_unit","_weapon","_magazine","_outerMagazine"];
	_unit = _this select 0;
	_weapon = _this select 1;
	_magazine = _this select 6;
	[b]if (_weapon == "CMFlareLauncher") exitwith {};[/b]

Argh, now by thinking about it, i know what the issue is with binarizing ang the rvmat's: you have to exclude them from binarizing, then it works.

Open BinPBO, click on options and in "List of files to copy directly" add *.rvmat to the already existing list. My line there looks like this:

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;

This should solve the problem with the missing rvmat's.

And :EDITH: again

if you wish, i could make a signed version for MP use but this would mean it gets the GLT key. I've downloaded your latest version, already fixed the issue with bays opening when launching CM's, binarized it. So i would just have to sign it and could release it here for you. Just an offer, up to you to decide.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1852699']

Argh' date=' now by thinking about it, i know what the issue is with binarizing ang the rvmat's: you have to exclude them from binarizing, then it works.

Open BinPBO, click on options and in "List of files to copy directly" add *.rvmat to the already existing list. My line there looks like this:

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;

This should solve the problem with the missing rvmat's.

And :EDITH: again

if you wish, i could make a signed version for MP use but this would mean it gets the GLT key. I've downloaded your latest version, already fixed the issue with bays opening when launching CM's, binarized it. So i would just have to sign it and could release it here for you. Just an offer, up to you to decide.[/quote']

Will do that when I get the chance, I've already solved the flare/weaponbay issue, and I have no problem with using your key, but I'm doing some minor changes so it would probably be best if you can send me the key, and I will incorporate it when in the next update.

Now I don't think I need to link my error message screenshot :)

lol...no addonmaker will ever give out the key which is neede to sign a addon. Most important rule ever in making and releasing addons.

But no problem, as you fixed the bugs already and now can also fix the binarizing issue, just sign it yourself of course.

Myke;1852740']lol...no addonmaker will ever give out the key which is neede to sign a addon. Most important rule ever in making and releasing addons.

But no problem' date=' as you fixed the bugs already and now can also fix the binarizing issue, just sign it yourself of course.[/quote']

Roger that, there is just one small issue here, and that is I have no clue as in how to sign an addon, maybe you'll send me a tutorial link. :D

great to finally have this F-22 super handy:yay:, I find the first 2 bugs and the wheels do not roll and that when we use the flares left door of the bunker opens

great to finally have this F-22 super handy:yay:, I find the first 2 bugs and the wheels do not roll and that when we use the flares left door of the bunker opens

Could you please read the thread (at least the last 2 pages) before replying? These bugs already have been reported.

It might have bugs here and there, but now it is able to engage and fire against six air contacts in a row ;)

Man, I thank you for your release! awesome... and I hope you can improve it more.

Anyways, below is what ive found so far ..

Bug report:

*undercarage doesnt move when taxiing, lol not important but...

*the sounds of incoming fire doesnt work, (some parts do) this is from the ground perspective.

*it says "after burner script" lol none for me was working, didnt even see a option for it.

*the open canopy is always in your face! lol cant it be only on the screen as you choose it? and not always there in the centre?

*the bay doors open and close so damn quickly, lol ...

*and this "leaning for pilot (only in 1st person)" its being removed in later version? as its bloody annoying with vanilla keys a,w,d, etc ..

*the white targeting cross in screen, can it or will it be removed? as the hood works better! lol.

Thanks again man, oh and one more thing .. a different skin option maybe in desert? just wondering.

*it says "after burner script" lol none for me was working, didnt even see a option for it.

You have to be faster than 50km/h and having throttle at at least 95%, else the option wont appear....kinda illogical to have afterburner with anything less than 100%.

*the bay doors open and close so damn quickly, lol ...

Supposed to be that way. If they open slower, the missile will be away before they're open....and once the missile is away, no need to keep them open any longer.

*and this "leaning for pilot (only in 1st person)" its being removed in later version? as its bloody annoying with vanilla keys a,w,d, etc ..

Go to "Options -> Controls" to adjust your keyboard layout as leaning shares the keys with other vehicle controls. Although i recommend TrackIR or something similar. ;)

Myke;1852838']You have to be faster than 50km/h and having throttle at at least 95%' date=' else the option wont appear....kinda illogical to have afterburner with anything less than 100%.

[/quote']

Afterburner doesn't seem to work for me then. I was going 400 km/h and I had 100% throttle and there was no option for afterburner.