Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

Congrats to Myke on the great progress

As was already mentioned, it cannot be donated to ACE unless the original author (Scars) gives permission. One suggestion is finding somebody interested in making an ACE config, so that it would be compatible.

About adding this addon into Advanced Combat Enviroment:

I've just contacted the Moderator about this ACE issue, and in a word, yes, it's possible, but there is process involved, (please don't start a debate here, any inquiry into the permission issue, please contact me via PM and I'll explain to you) and I'll be contact the ACE developers about this matter once a stable and reliable version is released.

Also A2 only version likely to be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by nes4day

Congrats to Myke on the great progress

About adding this addon into Advanced Combat Enviroment:

I've just contacted the Moderator about this ACE issue, and in a word, yes, it's possible, but there is process involved, (please don't start a debate here, any inquiry into the permission issue, please contact me via PM and I'll explain to you) and I'll be contact the ACE developers about this matter once a stable and reliable version is released.

Also A2 only version likely to be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

very cool, I cant wait. and good work Myke! and to those that broght this over. The US has a lack of cool Air Craft for some reason. I mean there is an f-15 but its incomplete at best. Im glad that some folks are filling that gap.

Please let me clarify one thing (as i already had PM's):

i'm just helping to improve little bits of the F-22 but nes4day is the boss of this porting project. Any design decision is up to him to make, i can and will only give advices if requested so.

Myke;1849423']Please let me clarify one thing (as i already had PM's):

i'm just helping to improve little bits of the F-22 but nes4day is the boss of this porting project. Any design decision is up to him to make' date=' i can and will only give advices if requested so.[/quote']

Guys, you can customize it the cab to make it more detailed, and just make a model of higher quality, I certainly can not help you to giving the drawings and so on but in the creation of add-ons

I do not have any knowledge, in general, thanks again for a terrific fighter of all time!

Myke;1849423']Please let me clarify one thing (as i already had PM's):

i'm just helping to improve little bits of the F-22 but nes4day is the boss of this porting project. Any design decision is up to him to make' date=' i can and will only give advices if requested so.[/quote']

I appreciate the cooperation... good to see, especially on such a good looking plane. :)

please make version for orginal arma2 and you will be my hero :yay:
as this lad as asked ill ask as well it is nice to see this come to ArmA2 OA but thay r some of us who don't have OA so am askin can you plz make it so we have a F22 for ArmA2 plzz and nice addon

I've heard this sound used in another soundmod (forget which one, but it was for the A-10), but this is perfect for a lot of sounds.

- 1:23 for APU startup

- 2:40 for engine startup

- 6:00 for idle

- 9:34 for thrust

- 9:50 for engine idle from the rear

Unfortunately the A2 only version is being delayed, I'm having some config problems,it's not showing up in the editor and it disappears once I get it to show up so give me sometime to figure this out and if you have any idea as in how this might be solved, feel free to contact me.

Edited by nes4day

@nes4day

i suggest you don't change too much while i'm including certain systems. I hope i get it done within the next 24 hours. If you change too much on your side, you will have a lot of work to merge our 2 versions together.

I need the GBU-39/I SDB at least modelled so i can adjust the proxies correctly, texturing of the GBU will come later as this isn't related to the F-22 anymore.

nes4day.jpg

Nice.

And yeh, IMHO I wouldn't waste too much time on breaking a working addon just to get it working in an older ArmA version.

OA is cheap and there are some who cry "A2 only please" because they are using warez !!

Step up boys!

Yeah, I'm just trying to get it to work in A2 with only config tweaks, I've no intention to spend another 3 month trying to remember what was it I did to get it working before. :P.

Also I think that ever since I've successfully ported it, it's been using the OA engine. Not certain about that, but that's most likely the case, and if so, A2 version is going to have to wait. Sorry, fellas.

And that is one fine looking model, good work Myke.

Edited by nes4day

Gnat;1849867']Nice.

And yeh' date=' IMHO I wouldn't waste too much time on breaking a working addon just to get it working in an older ArmA version.

OA is cheap and there are some who cry "A2 only please" because they are using warez !!

Step up boys![/quote'] err no i did go out and buy it i don't use warez as for askin for it why not ask for it you lot get all the nice stuff for arma OA where we on arma 2 get forgotten am not havein a go but put the warez is just takein the P*** man

remember, as long as mig-29ovt or su-27/30/35 with 3d tvt can outmanuever craptor, addon will be fine.

err no i did go out and buy it i don't use warez as for askin for it why not ask for it you lot get all the nice stuff for arma OA where we on arma 2 get forgotten am not havein a go but put the warez is just takein the P*** man

Stop being cheap and buy Arrowhead.

err no i did go out and buy it i don't use warez as for askin for it why not ask for it you lot get all the nice stuff for arma OA where we on arma 2 get forgotten am not havein a go but put the warez is just takein the P*** man

Wow, not a single Point or Coma in that line of text. Nice :rolleyes: ;)

Support BIS by buying their stuff. Arrowhead is Cheap and damn worth it.

@nes4day and Myke

Good work. Realy looking forward for the next version. Had fun with the 0.1 :yay:. Thanks for putting work in it.

Best regards

Love this bird. Fun to fly. Feels like the thrust vectoring really works as I can make extremely tight turns at speed. Looking forward to the improved flight envelope.

Would love to see the tail and nozzels droop when static, maybe all of the weapon bay doors open when speed is zero and on the ground. I've seen other plane addons which have wheel chocks and "remove before flight" flags when the plane is at rest on the ground. That would require some additional modeling but would be cool.

Helmet mounted display would also be welcome as the F22 shares this with the F35.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-22.htm

Also, the cover for the internal gun closes while the weapon is still discharging rounds.

BTW, this plane has the ability to supercruise without afterburner in real life.

Files are sent back to nes4day, i've done what i can do:

F-22 changelog by [GLT]Myke

- [added] Afterburner script

- [changed] replaced weapons by Missilebox variants

- [improved] Models section count reduced for better performance

- [improved] lowest resolution LOD replaced

- [improved] flight handling now fits better for a air superiority fighter

- [improved] rvmats changed to ArmA 2 super shader

- [tweak] basic TI map added so it wont glow white (appropriate TI maps have still to be done)

- [added] leaning for pilot (only in 1st person)

- [added] GPS/INS guidance system

- [added] config prepared for the upcoming GBU-39 variant

An updated version is soon to be released, just finalizing some minor details

Edited by nes4day

Are the weapon bays animated (or gonna be)?

Pretty sure they already are.

Also woot update. This is gonna be AWESOME!