Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

@j rock: I wish everyone could agree with you on that, but for the time being, I think I will keep it under my supervision until I'm sure of otherwise. :)

@dingyisun: I don't have that problem, and I've check it on Chernaruss, Utes and Takistan, and as you can see from the prom pics, there are 2 empty F-22s outside the hanger. and the flare will be included in future updates.

@Eble: thanks, I will try that out as soon as I can, and just to clarify, the canopy does work, it's just that the function does not show up in the cockpit.

I know there are some issue with this bird, the people from the Armaholic forum have raised the issue of the speed being too slow etc.., unfortunately I'm currently busy with some personal matters, and I will try to deal with these problems ASAP. Thanks all.

Edited by nes4day

@j rock: I wish everyone could agree with you on that, but for the time being, I think I will keep it under my supervision until I'm sure of otherwise. :)

@dingyisun: I don't have that problem, and I've check it on Chernaruss, Utes and Takistan, and as you can see from the prom pics, there are 2 empty F-22s outside the hanger. and the flare will be included in future updates.

@Eble: thanks, I will try that out as soon as I can, and just to clarify, the canopy does work, it's just that the function does not show up in the cockpit.

I know there are some issue with this bird, the people from the Armaholic forum have raised the issue of the speed being too slow etc.., unfortunately I'm currently busy with some personal matters, and I will try to deal with these problems ASAP. Thanks all.

No worries mate, I've got more stuff you could do, but as with all conversions half the fun is working them out and getting the knowledge yourself.

Give me a shout if you need any help with super shaders etc.

No worries mate, I've got more stuff you could do, but as with all conversions half the fun is working them out and getting the knowledge yourself.

Give me a shout if you need any help with super shaders etc.

I know, but unfortunately my skills as a model maker is limited to cylinders and boxes (I was quite proud of myself when I made a solid shape that looked like a plane), :P, but I will keep practicing. And I can certainly use all the professional help I can get, cheers. :)

Also, can I get show of hands as in who would like to see the plane's top speed increased, and if so, to how much.

Great, thank you for doing this it’s much appreciated.

Few things though to keep in mind for the next version:

-Incorporate Flares;

-Shorter take-off distance (increased acceleration);

-Greater Speed (Mach 3) or at least 30-40% faster than the F-35;

-Maintain Manoeuvrability;

-Test, Test, Test!

Finally I’d just like to thank you again for finally bringing back the long awaited F-22 Raptor to Arma 2, I myself tried to contact scar and I’m just glad someone was able to do it.

-Greater Speed (Mach 3) or at least 30-40% faster than the F-35;

Erm...you do know that the max speed (with afterburner) is Mach 2.25 and w/o burner it is Mach 1.8 (Supercruise ability)?

it's a very easy fix, the current addon and the arma1 addon doesn't have a flight model.

add the info in my previous post and it will make the addon handle totally different, take off quick and increase the overall speed.

Afterburners in Arma are just a special effect gimmick and not really required if the flight model is done right.

@Eble

i have my hands on the F-22 actually and for sure i'll include your contribution.

What i'm doin with the F-22 (if possible)

- optimizing model (reduce section count)

- lean feature for pilot

- use GLT Missilebox

- probably adding variants with different weapon loadout.

- preparing for re-textures

- optimizing scripts if needed

- optimizing config if needed

Myke;1848750']@Eble

i have my hands on the F-22 actually and for sure i'll include your contribution.

- lean feature for pilot

- use GLT Missilebox

- probably adding variants with different weapon loadout.

- preparing for re-textures

- optimizing scripts if needed

- optimizing config if needed

Good work Myke' date='

For my personal preference the GEO lod is too heavy making the addon handle 'heavy'.

Put one of these AI F22 vs an AI Mig-29 (from the lodo team) and see the results, I lightened the Mig-29 and the AI are quite happy to perform roll attacks etc.

In my pre-view of the F14, I had a AI controlled mig-29 come at me inverted and you see it in the video :)

For my personal preference the GEO lod is too heavy making the addon handle 'heavy'.

Funnily, the overall weight doesn't influence the handling in terms of roll/nick rates. What matters is the spread factor....i can't explain it well but imagine that: rotate yourself and spread your arms away from your body....now take them close to the body. You see, the closer all weight is near the center, the faster you rotate. Darn, wish my english would be better...

The overall weight comes to play when turning as a lighter object loses more inertia than a heavy object.

So in fact you have to go the other way around: raise weight but keep it close to the object center.

Myke;1848750']@Eble

Good to see someone has the right idea.

My overriding impression of this addon's ArmA 1 iteration that was that it wasn't particularly well optimised for the engine; which was a shame given what a nice model it is.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Nice cooperation guys, but I HIGHLY recommend not going stupid on performance, handling and armerment. Let the AI piloted addon test itself against AI piloted OPFOR (as well as ground targets if its so armed)

- Watch a couple dozen iterations of the dog-fight.

- Trim and adapt the plane accordingly.

- Repeat

Also, as some guys here already know, setting the max speed too high will seriously hinder the planes performance at lower speeds.

Very nice ! i tested it very long.

it need flares

it needs more speed and maneuvarability

hud needs to be optimized.

if this would come with a patch it would be a perfect new aircraft for us side.

cheers Leo

The speed is most likely to be increased, but perhaps not by too much and keeping it in touch with the other air-superiority fighters in the game.

Flare and HUB are high on the to do list so don't worry.

And I will compile a A2 only version as soon as possible. But keeping in mind that the A2 engine offers much less feature then the OA engine

As i'm helping nes4day, here what i've already done so far:

- switched to GLT Missilebox

- GPS/INS system added

- leaning added

- Afterburner added

- wingtrails and body vapur added

- pilots position adjusted

- rvmat files updated to super shaders

- cleaned up the mess in the folder ;)

- splitted config.cpp to config.cpp and model.cfg

- reduced section count

- made it XEH compatible (requires it now but the Missilebox does require it aswell)

- flight handling adjusted

Actually i'm trying to make the weapons bay work. It's tricky since it must work with variable loadouts and the fired Eventhandler is buggy.

Also i have to model a GBU-39 SDB for this bird. Probably i will have to adjust the weapons bay as i fear actually it wont fit...but later i know more.

:EDITH:

Almost forgot: added countermeasures aswell.

:and EDITH again:

9SvERsCbeHg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1849218']As i'm helping nes4day' date=' here what i've already done so far:

[/quote']

I like this jointventure :cool:

edit:a question,are thrusts vectored or fixed?Dunno if it's possible to make the moveable.

Edited by Isola

Wow some really nice work [GLT]Myke, what about the damage model when destroyed? Keeps the good work going guys cant wait to use this with your missle box load outs.

I like this jointventure :cool:

edit:a question,are thrusts vectored or fixed?Dunno if it's possible to make the moveable.

they are vectored.

I would love to be able to dog fight this with the ACE SU27 and not have either one blow one another out. Im all for realism, but making these balanced in PvP has never been ARMA's strong suit. Any chance this gets ported to ACE? Casue as it stands now there is the GLT Myke way and the ACE way and unfortunatly the GLT Myke way smokes the ACE way but ACE is so great with everythign else.

ALSO some one mentioned the MIG 29? where can I get an ARMA 2 copy of that?

As was already mentioned, it cannot be donated to ACE unless the original author (Scars) gives permission. One suggestion is finding somebody interested in making an ACE config, so that it would be compatible.

I would love to be able to dog fight this with the ACE SU27 and not have either one blow one another out. Im all for realism, but making these balanced in PvP has never been ARMA's strong suit. Any chance this gets ported to ACE? Casue as it stands now there is the GLT Myke way and the ACE way and unfortunatly the GLT Myke way smokes the ACE way but ACE is so great with everythign else.

ALSO some one mentioned the MIG 29? where can I get an ARMA 2 copy of that?

Mig29 and Mig-27 were released in the latest Lost Brother Mod update.

Iraqi versions from memory :)

Excellent work guys, looking forward to this. Nice to see people teaming up on things. :)