Sign in to follow this  
coma73

IED explodes without trigger?

i need a script that detonates an ied when a side(west,east) is near. i want one without a trigger, because i want to randomize the Ied placement. ive searched for a long time and cant fine anything. Thnx in advance

Just move the tigger to the IED.

You can attach triggers to some objects and most units or vehicles.

If you have an IED object named bomb and a trigger named bombtrig the code to attach it would be

bombtrig attachto [bomb,[0,0,0]]

If it won't attach you can still move the trigger to the location.

bombtrig setpos getpos bomb

Well, if you want the chance of it being there random. Under the named object you're using as the IED (May it be unit or empty car or trash) put the chance of presence lower. If you want the bomb to appear at a random position sync the object (Example object Garbage named IED) to empty markers and the object will spawn in either the position you placed it or one of the empty markers you synced it to. Hope this helped.

Why not use a trigger and activate it via "player distance bomb1 <= 5"

On Activation setup the explosion.

Group the bomb1 with 3-4 markers, voila, ramdomized place, detonates when player is near..

done.

Use the amazing VTS combined with Reezo's amazing IED detector stuff - it is IED heaven !

VTS can make ANY object an IED, making it explode if you run too fast around it. Reezo's stuff gives you a chance to detect it and then defuse remotely or manually.

Use the amazing VTS combined with Reezo's amazing IED detector stuff - it is IED heaven !

VTS can make ANY object an IED, making it explode if you run too fast around it. Reezo's stuff gives you a chance to detect it and then defuse remotely or manually.

Where can I find this VTS? Tried searching for it.

VTS is a server killer* and way overkill if you just want IEDs. :) Edited by kylania
* well, with 30+ people playing in it that is.

Any other simpler solutions that work for MP? Hosted & dedicated?

the one of Bon_Inf* is pretty good, but i think, it's only for/ in this case, against west, might be adjustable.