Sign in to follow this  
phaeden

Looking for a few Beta Testers, PR guys, Mission Makers for nearly complete "island"

Greetings,

After a very long time, I am approaching a place where I feel comfortable with presenting my island to the public.

Quick little background - I have been working on OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 for a decade (with the occasional time away to deal with life's issues). I worked on WGL, ACE 1 and ACE 2 (at the beginning). My first island was for OFP (Phaeden's Island), I also have made another dozen or so that were only partially done (with the exception of Samak Hills which was almost done).

I've been working on MCAGCC 29 Palms (The Stumps) for years. It is a fairly large "island" and has many custom buildings. It is based on the Marine base in California. It is BASED on it - I've done a number of things to make it more "playable." The main road system, main side, the main airfield and a number of combat towns are all included - as well as a large mountain/desert area to the north east.

I am looking for a dozen or two people to help me test the island and buildings as well as help take photos, videos, etc. Lastly, I need people to help make missions (or convert existing missions) for the island so that it is ready for play upon release.

I am including a video of the island that is quite old but it is the only one I have right now as I've spent all my time on making the buildings and the island. Ideally, I will release updates every two weeks. Right now, I am using DropBox so it is not the fastest or best option but it is a start.

I am not a task master or anything like that, all I ask is that you help me figure out what is still wrong with the island and buildings, help with taking photos, movies, and general PR and/or create missions or modify existing missions to take advantage of the island.

If you're interested, please PM me here.

Thanks - Semper Fi!

lAwlSEFyiII

Damn I remember seeing one of your vid one year ago, I thought the project was dead.

I'm so glad to hear some news from it.

I would be more than happy to participate (specially for pics/vids)

You can have a look at

and my photobucket album Edited by Macadam Cow

Looks nice, but probably should be moved to the Addons Discussion forum. :)

I'd love a big training area map. I been thinking about doing the Yakima Firing Range for a while in Eastern Washington... its terrain like that, but more rugged (has more rolling hills than 29 Palms).

Consider contacting the members of the Trusted Tester-Beta Testers group. Those testers are people who have been recommended by other developers to be reliable. If you're interested in the Trusted Testers - Developers group, follow my signature. We would love to have your input and recommendations for testers you've had a good experiences with :)

be advised, I'm a member of the group but I'm not a tester. I'm just administrating.

Edited by Max Power

nice one phaeden. I still got your alpha version of that island for A1 on my PC (and i don't keep a lot of mods lying around).

Best of luck with it, was a real clean different island to play with.

Indeed great news to see your island again. :) Looks like a killer island.

WB Phaeden. Looks great!

Excellent choice on dropbox btw, although not really tailored to mod distribution.

I can recommend Addon Sync and also soon the new Six Updater;

2.1 will have support for custom repositories hosted on HTTP, the client uses zSync so only changed bits will be transfered ala rSync (and DropBox).

I was actually also looking to support DropBox in the updater but found the anonymous API's insufficient and the authenticated API's too complex (to invest time into right now), but who knows.. :-)

I've sent out messages (PMs) to those that have volunteered so far. I'll be driving across the country for about a week and will be off the forums until I am done traveling.

See you guys in about a week!

Wasn't aware you were back, great to see you're still around :)

Moving to A&M: D

@phaeden great see your back i loved your stuff for WGL. You new island is looking awesome. :)

For those of you that are following and/or beta testing, I am still working on it but life threw a wrench in the proverbial works.

I drove back across America a few weeks ago and then got swamped with work. I will update the files as soon as I can (hopefully this weekend). Thanks for your understanding.

Hey Mate

I would be more than happy to help out with the testing if you still want testers.

other than that keep up the great work and look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers

Beautiful island, I have ever send you PM, but did not get any feekback :(. Anyway, can't wait for playing mission on it.

Looking fairly spiffy there, Mr. Phaeden. Good for all sorts of simulated warfare exercises as far as I can see from the videos. Looking forward to making a few scenarios on there and then letting the zeus boys loose.

i love this island :p

DprbbkId6VY

Can't view that video in Germany.

Geez Phaeden. Thanks for checking in with us. ... As if we are chop liver... get back on Skype dude. Weve been waiting for you.....

Looking fairly spiffy there, Mr. Phaeden. Good for all sorts of simulated warfare exercises as far as I can see from the videos. Looking forward to making a few scenarios on there and then letting the zeus boys loose.

You mean letting the AI loose on some Zeus boys ;)

Anyway, I have quite a hard time telling how useful the island is from videos. Some areas seem quite flat but it doesn't mean there aren't other areas that are good. Big cities with enterable buildings are always a big plus, but a bit hard to see in the videos if the towns/cities on this island are actually like that.

I have updated the files. If you request a BETA and didn't get a message, please PM me again and I'll send you the information.

If you're not currently a beta tester but are interested in helping me test the island, please just PM me here.

Thanks all.

Looks pretty good.

But I always wanted something different, like a real part of Eastern Europe which is recreated.

Feels closer to home xD

Thanks ChevyVanDude. Unfortunately, I can only make one map at a time. :)

I have plans to make another two that are also in America and then I branch out from there. I currently do not have plans for anything in eastern Europe but if you have a specific location in mind and would help with getting all the preliminary data (terrain maps, road maps, buildings (layouts and photos), etc.), I would definitely consider putting it on the list.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I was just notified by Drop Box that my Public Account has been temporarily suspended due to too much traffic. If you're trying to d/l it and its giving you problems, let me know. Also, if any of you have the possibility to mirror it, please PM me. Thanks.