Sign in to follow this  
Hammer_RLG

opening menu background

it seems that after the latest update (no beta) the opening menu background video that plays is messed up.

i have retail arma 2, and steam oa.

hopefully people know what i am talking about. after the splash screens the main menu opens, and in the background a in-game type video plays. usually it is scenery of one of the islands, with civilians, military personel and equipment, etc just going about their daily life. :)

but it seems since the last update (i think that is when this started) most of the time the video that plays in the background is as if you are in the middle of the ocean, a bit below water level, with waves passing by and wave troughs sometimes allowing you to see above water.

anyone know why this might be? it is not show stopping, but is pretty annoying. everything else in the game is working fine.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

hah. this is good, figured it out myself. seems to be using the -skipintro option does this. never used it before, and just updated within the last week or so to start playing again, so blamed it on the update.

-nosplash is another option, almost the same thing but removes the splash screen, allows you to get to the menu alot faster.