Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

CSLA for A2CO

What are the benefits for us? And what about bugs?

What are the benefits for us? And what about bugs?
No known bugs, especially not re XEH itself. When severe bugs are found, a hotfix is dispatched immediately.

The benefit is that all your classes that have eventhandlers defined, will be compatible with other addons.

In the default game, Eventhandler classes are not multiplexed, instead, only 1 of each (init/fired etc) can be active at a class at a time.

With XEH, you can multiplex these events and the result is:

a) you can assign multiple eventhandlers to the same classes, from different addons

b) 3rd party addons with XEH eventhandlers will work with your classes, and there's no 'fighting' between which one will be active (and thus from which addon will the functionality work, and which will not).

Lastly, eventhandlers for classes can also be defined in the mission description.ext for ultimate flexibility.

If your addon is not setup for XEH, there are still some backup methods that kick in, to have it work most of the time anyway,

however there are downsides to this; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers#New-in-303-Extended_FiredBIS_Eventhandlers-and-support-for-addons-that-do-not-support-XEH

More info available at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers

Example of stacked Eventhandlers for M1A1 tank in ACE: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_vehicles/xeh/M1A1

Edited by Sickboy

Hi, please welcome this little report :

The SA-58 for some reason fires tracer rounds at 1200 RPM instead of 800.

Some custom explosive rounds are broken with popular mods such as WarFX Blastcore.

Good job, keep it up

class CSLA_Sa58P : Rifle {
   reloadTime = 0.075;               // = 60/800
};

As I noticed, your Mi-8T have more convex part of the fuselage after main rotor, as Mi-8MT/-17 have. So please make it less convex, and also please remove Shturm ATGM guidance antenna from Mi-24D.

As I noticed, your Mi-8T have more convex part of the fuselage after main rotor, as Mi-8MT/-17 have. So please make it less convex, and also please remove Shturm ATGM guidance antenna from Mi-24D.
Mi-24D is original BIS model with changed texture via cfg, so we can't modify the core model.

Mi-8T will be checked and fixed.

Thanks for the report. ;)

Excellent addons, good work thanks. :yay:

I did two missions already, and I am creating a third now héhé.

I need a little help for the last one, so I have two questions :

- What is faction name ? I have tried CSLA or AFMC instead of bis_tk for example with this script cB Task Patrol/Random Group but I had no sucess.

- I could not run norrin revive with CSLA (works with AFMC nicely). I didn't try with FIA but I think it won't work (I have always problem with independant side with this script :() (or I did wrong somewhere :p)

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

The name of the faction is CSLA_ and AFMC_

A good help is also the Editor's Reference Manual which is included in the installation directory. There you can find all the class names etc.

In the past, I've tested the Norrin's revive scripts and everything works fine. Btw. CSLA is on the EAST, AFMC on the WEST and FIA on the RES side.

ok thank you :)

edit : nope it doesn't work

cB Task Patrol/Random Group and norrin revive script (latest) didn't work, see pictures below

http://img687.imageshack.us/g/arma2oa2011021615074959.png/

for the first script, I wrote CSLA the faction name but the supposed group didn't appear, and for the second script as you can see I have the option to deploy a medic tent but not for the revive option. I think there is bug somewhere because I have two times the option for small/big trench.

woouuups :)

Edited by panda123

The infantry weapons aren't the quality I was expecting. The sounds are poor and the config changes (tracers, rate of fire, custom fire mode names) are unnecessary when you could have simply used the vanilla Vz.58. Every unit's ability to build infinite fortifications out of nothing is also a bit strange. IMHO making weapons and unit features stand out from the crowd is counterproductive because when you pit them against vanilla content or other mods' units, they will just seem like they're from different universes with no common rules.

Bug: On one of the weapons (I think it was whatever the main assault rifle for the CSLA is), the brass shell casings aren't textured so they come out silver instead of brass colored. just a very minor thing. I still really love the mod keep up the great work !!!

@panda123:

We have tested the Norrin's revive script working in the converted Domination where works fine. Maybe there is any un-compatibility between TaskPatrol/RandomGroup/Revive/CSLA. Maybe there is any requirement of cahnging some definitions.

Our CfgFactionClasses are:

CSLA, AFMC, FIA

Keep in mind please, that isn't in our hands to hold the compatibility with all other unofficial addons.

quick question: is the FIA faction supposed to have infantry units?
For the FIA, you can use the NAPA units ... it's the same.
Bug: On one of the weapons (I think it was whatever the main assault rifle for the CSLA is), the brass shell casings aren't textured so they come out silver instead of brass colored. just a very minor thing. I still really love the mod keep up the great work !!!
Not all the shells were colored. Ours are in "natural" brass color.

euh me again and my boring problems sorry :p

Same problems.

I did two tests here : http://rapidshare.com/files/448391652/tests.7z

the first mission example use csla addon + revive norrin script (csla faction cause problem but not AFMC faction)

and the second mission example use csla addon + cB Task Patrol/Random Group

I didn't use any other addons or implemented others scripts avoiding conflicts.

Well if you have an working example already made, It would be nice of you to share plz,

Thanks

(and sorry again to importunate you :))

Thanks again for the addon.

This mod is really high quality and I've been anticipating it for a while!:yay:

I dont really understand one thing though. Why did you create multiple subcategories for infantry in the editor, when you put the same soldiers in them just with different names?

This mod is really high quality and I've been anticipating it for a while!:yay:

I dont really understand one thing though. Why did you create multiple subcategories for infantry in the editor, when you put the same soldiers in them just with different names?

Personally I like that. It makes it easier to kinda figure out what would be a realistic set up for a motorized division, or an airborne division.

Okay thanks for the info about FIA units.

are the AFMC supposed to have default faces cause its kinda creepy when ur the odd man out of default faces?

AFMC are using all the default faces from the original game.

If you want to have an other face, you need to define this in the description.ext file.

Otherwise the face will be selected automatically by the game.

no what i meant by that is the face you start with when u make a new profile IE "Default face" in the profile editor ill send screenshots when i can