Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 77819

i dont know wether its caused by current beta but i noticed that ai in vehicles no longer driving on the roads in safe/careless mode.

no matter if its via waypoints, invisible H or commanding - they always try to go over the mountains when ordered to far position.

*checked without beta and they always (try to) stay on the roads, even when driving to far positon

Edited by der.hannes

they always try to go over the mountains when ordered to far position.

I noticed the same a few betas back, it mainly seems to be with calculating a long distance drive especially after sending that to AI driver using map click (even if you map click some km away and click on a road).

anyone had Crash to Desktop with this build yet ?

No, the CTD's seem to be gone. Haven't had so much time to play but usually, I crashed after a few minutes of playing and now it runs for hours.

Not running vanilla or with the usual collection of addons... the game is running very stable for me.

I think the game looks and runs better than ever.

Of course I crash every now and then when I'm testing a lot of stuff (graphics maxxed, VD 10K, 30 GB of mods running) but I doubt you want those reports (but I'll send if you do) because of all the crap I'm running and the fact I'm way over stressing my computer with higher than normal settings. :rolleyes:

No CTD here either. Those are very rare on my pc thankfully. Even with tons of mods the game runs well.

I was playing the mp mission in Takistan this morning before work. I played 75% through the mission and got a CTD. The performance how ever is the best I have had so far in Arma2.GJ BIS

With the same addons, map (Duala) and mission, I've had no CTDs on this beta. I only played w/ this beta for a couple of hours, but on the previous betas, it would CTD pretty quickly.

I was playing the mp mission in Takistan this morning before work. I played 75% through the mission and got a CTD. The performance how ever is the best I have had so far in Arma2.GJ BIS

Did you post the crash dumps to the CIT yet?

No CTD here either. Those are very rare on my pc thankfully. Even with tons of mods the game runs well.

Same here

But @ the Moment i have some "winter backflash" ... in far and "zoomed" optic.

arma2oa2011-02-0220-51-59-80.png

arma2oa2011-02-0220-51-24-54.png

Did you post the crash dumps to the CIT yet?

I will I have had little time. I work full time, and I am going to get my associates in applied science. Taking 8 credits :). I will post the crash dumps.

after playing around in the editor - without mods - I got a CTD saying

out of memory (requested 1KB). footprint 54933753 KB. pages 16384 KB.

right before that happend the textures went very bad, but that was just one single CDT in days and I was alt-tabbing a lot during the game. Seems to be very stable so far.

Hi,

I've ran some tests with the new Atoc option, and I must say that it's quite impressive!! The new rendering is more realistic, and the overhead is manageable. But there is a problem with user-made maps (at least with Lingor), there is no change between Atoc ON / OFF. I suppose that you changed some LODS / 3D models / textures with the new patch, so here is my question : could you post some instructions for map makers to update their content, so that we can have the same result, whatever map we use?

Thanks a lot for this huge improvement, hope that every map will be able to profit from this!!

NicO

I've just noticed that M203 grenades are exploding in tree foliage again. Can anyone else confirm this?

I don't like AToC effect. It is too dotty and makes grass on Takistan map too transparent. And tree planes disapear if you look at them from different sides.

FYI: After long tweaking AA settings back and forth in ATI CCC I left AToC=6. Grass looks more dense and realistic without AToC.

I've done a two hours close combat with 5 AIs at my side against a group of 6 AIs on the other side. Everythings fine - especially I feel that my AIs are following me much closer now!

After playing more, I strongly think there is something partly worse with AI since the AI changes in last few betas. They spot the enemy good like before, but then they may ingore the threat and turn their back constantly to the enemy like they didnt exist. I have been testing a less easy mission where player group is landed next to an enemy infantry squad. Before the AI changes, my group members still managed to shoot back quite good and fast. Now they just follow me blindly, turning their backs to the enemy 50m ahead (or even next to them) while there is bullets flying around them and they are in danger mode. Now it sometimes seems to take 5-10 seconds for the AI, to react to the suddent enemy next to them, even when in radiochat they report the contacts normally. It dosent help that I have AI skills set to friendly 1.0 and enemy 0.1 in game settings.

The same slow reaction have also happened with enemy BMP transporting units only 100m away from AI friendlies. You can sometimes even see an enemy and friendly unit running together for some seconds before reaction. And this happened with enemy/friendly skills set to 1.0 in game settings.

The AI changes have been mostly very good, but the reaction times to turn to look at the hostile, aim and shoot are much slower now.

Edit: And I am not using any mods.

Edited by SaOk

After playing more, I strongly think there is something partly worse with AI since the AI changes in last few betas. They spot the enemy good like before, but then they may ingore the threat and turn their back constantly to the enemy like they didnt exist. I have been testing a less easy mission where player group is landed next to an enemy infantry squad. Before the AI changes, my group members still managed to shoot back quite good and fast. Now they just follow me blindly, turning their backs to the enemy 50m ahead (or even next to them) while there is bullets flying around them and they are in danger mode. Now it sometimes seems to take 5-10 seconds for the AI, to react to the suddent enemy next to them, even when in radiochat they report the contacts normally. It dosent help that I have AI skills set to friendly 1.0 and enemy 0.1 in game settings.

The same slow reaction have also happened with enemy BMP transporting units only 100m away from AI friendlies. You can sometimes even see an enemy and friendly unit running together for some seconds before reaction. And this happened with enemy/friendly skills set to 1.0 in game settings.

The AI changes have been mostly very good, but the reaction times to turn to look at the hostile, aim and shoot are much slower now.

Edit: And I am not using any mods.

Yes. I have seen similar instances with opposing forces literally running side by side for a few seconds before one got shot. It was odd, but not really a problem IMHO.

Anyone else having problems getting your unit back in formation after you have used the new cover function?

No matter what commands I give them after they have taken cover, they will move very slow or ignore commands completly, and some just get stuck in their cover position.

When having an AI subordinate selected and aiming at a static defence like a tree, the game CTD's

I saw another guy post about this same issue can this be fixed soon please, since its a major game-stopper for many

BTW I love what you have done with the Atoc in combination with AA it turns the game into a beautiful Gem Thank you so much :)

Edited by ScareCroweb

Seen similar things with AI reacting slow or not at all.

AI gunners in my vehicles ive seen ignore attacks completely. A vehicle behind mine with squadmates i controlled got attacked from behind, and that gunner engaged the enemies plus revealed the targets to the rest of us. However the gunner in my vehicle kept looking forward like nothing was happening. The attack was about 30 meters behind me and bullets sprayed all over. Even an RPG that missed us wasnt enough to make my gunner turn around and shoot. In the end i had to go 3d person and swing camera backwards to reveal an enemy which made my gunner turn and shoot.

Gunners in player led vehicles can be slow to react which im aware of, but not reacting at all is extreme and i think its related to this beta.

EDIT:

The cover marker "L" getting thicker is good, but i think even color the bottom bit of the "L" green and red depending on if its towards you or away from you. "This" side of a wall or the other side of the wall. I noticed that it can be hard to see even if the "L" is clearly visible. It's when the "L" is facing you or away from you where it's represented of an "I" and thus hard to know where it points. If it had color you would instantly know what side of the cover you send your squaddies to. Just an idea.

Edited by Alex72

This would be something good. If the AI runs out of ammo, the ai could check if it has a backpack, if yes-> check if the backpack contains the right ammo-> take ammo