Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 77819

hope the fixed CTD.

with latest beta 7777 i had always CTD...

since 77815 shall be also fixed the AI ignoring walls for cover ...

since 77815 shall be also fixed the AI ignoring walls for cover ...

All walls, or just fences?

EDIT: Btw, is it me or does everyone get such slow (+-200kb/sec) download speeds when dowloading these beta's?

Edited by NeMeSiS

Looks good so far, but the player can still issue move orders for group members on map through the radio, which prevents this kind of scripts to work in map view that are triggered by clicking a radio signal:

_nul = (groupSelectedUnits player) execVM "Scriptname.sqf";

many people are getting CTD when they select an AI, and aims the circle to a static defense, just aim at it while AI selected and the game will crash.

This was with 7777 beta. Maybe also with this one?

is it me or does everyone get such slow (+-200kb/sec) download speeds when dowloading these beta's?

No you are not the only one. 195kb/sec download speed here with 24MB DSL. I think it is limited on BIS server side for purpose otherwise they might run out of bandwith for other operations when lot of people download simultaneously.

Thanks for fixing the AI not using walls for cover bug so quickly. I'm really loving this beta. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the game seems to be running smoother with this beta. I'm no longer getting lag when zooming either. Top job BI!

Neat! Gonna test this one and check performance.

Last time i had superb performance was the latest 76XXX builds. Could stand in the middle of greenzones takistan with smooth fps. 77777 made me lag even with medium vegetation covered areas.

Cheers BIS for working so hard. :)

Neat! Gonna test this one and check performance.

Last time i had superb performance was the latest 76XXX builds. Could stand in the middle of greenzones takistan with smooth fps. 77777 made me lag even with medium vegetation covered areas.

Cheers BIS for working so hard. :)

It exactly reverted for me, 77777 had the better performance than 76xxx

I don't like AToC effect. It is too dotty and makes grass on Takistan map too transparent. And tree planes disapear if you look at them from different sides.

Great news, the exact issue fixed for exactly what was happening to me. I will try this in a second.

I also experienced CTD with previous patch but RPT is not helpfull as its chock full of mods. I will try vanilla and see.

I don't like AToC effect. It is too dotty and makes grass on Takistan map too transparent. And tree planes disapear if you look at them from different sides.
You can turn it off completely, go to you xxxOA.cfg file and set it AToC=0 (its at the bottom). Edited by mrcash2009

It exactly reverted for me, 77777 had the better performance than 76xxx

Yeah thats weird how that works.

This beta definatelly kicked up the FPS again for me. Much better.

I don't like AToC effect.

You can always turn it off

Please Eric create a ticket with mission repro onto the CIT, so issue can be tracked and solved.

Thanks.

i'm unable to use the CIT, please make it for me if you see the bug like me.

Thanks.

(Is it possible to create a ticket for a Beta.?)

Yes, there is a problem with the AI now. They are VERY slow in danger mode, nearly not advancing & they get stuck often if the team is lead by AI.

Il posted this some time ago but nobody responded in the other beta thread, hope somebody can create a Ticket.

Empty vehicles with dead gunners still get engaged on distance which makes AI run out of ammo in notime;-(

Edited by Coffeecat

Some modders will love this beta... since some stated that their map load time increased after 1.57. Hope this fixes it.

Good patch, glad to see ai improvement.

Do hope new beta patch can support AA1 trees and bushes in caa1 project with AtoC tech.

I tested this new beta.

Loading times for maps are relatively the same on exThread=3/default or =0 for me. But as its always been since updates loading into mission time from 100 percent loading bar to "received.." to the mission fading in to play can be over 1 minute or more on =3 (I know, very loooong) and is still the same under this patch.

=0 loading time is 10 seconds or so obviously depending on mission etc (dual core amd 64 6000+ 3.2 gig) or should I say nothing in comparison to =3 waiting time. Its not really the map loading but the idle time from it loading and the part from that onwards that makes my system "sit and think for far longer than needed" set to =3.

So, I will stick to =0 for now anyway as I will put this down to my rig more than anything. Although I dont remember pre main patch and previous betas setting exThreads=3 manually and noticing such large loading times as they are now, but, anyway .. =0 makes no real performance difference now than before and I know it will load pretty normal.

I desperately need to upgrade my rig this year I must admit.

Edited by mrcash2009

Were any improvements made to AI movement and orders in this beta? E.g. 'force move/move fast to' suggestion in one of the previous beta threads?

Seeing squads just running there carelessly is annoying instead of being able to order them to move carefully as well

Seeing squads just running there carelessly is annoying instead of being able to order them to move carefully as well
Depends on what you mean, ordering to ignore bounding over-watch in danger mode has been in for 3 betas :
[77169] Improved: AI now always moves without covering when given move command by a player (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16504). Improved: AI now always moves without covering when boarding a vehicle.
So are you saying that this is now a bad thing and you want them bounding again? Unsure of whether you can have it both ways, unless you "re-override" non bounding back to bounding again. I haven't tested this fully yet, can anyone confirm that if you order and they now ignore bounding, you can get them to revert back to bounding again? Edited by mrcash2009

what metalcraze wants is indeed the old moving, together with a new (what we have now) Move fast command.

So that you can choose if you want your squad to advance carefully or if you want them to move As fast as possible.

I would like that too.

EDIT: The latest Betas have replaced the "move carefully with overwatch" with plain "run for your life" behaviour. We would like to have the "run for your life" behaviour as a new command. I think this could negatively affect Missions as it is now, because the AI will possibly run to their Waypoints ang get killed easily? Could someone say something about this?

Edited by Tonci87