Sign in to follow this  
acoustic

New to map making

Ok, I completed the tutorial and it was fairly easy due to him giving me all the stuff I needed :P.

My problem is though, I don't know what else I need now. I have a Mask_lco.png and a sat_lco.png that I made with L3DT. What else do I need besides those, and how do I get them? Can I get the rest of the stuff I need from L3DT?

Also, should I use the same options ace used in his tutorial or something else?

like i said before, use alexies tutorial as it goes through all of the stages from beginning to finish

"Error loading (pathname)\sat_lco.png"

I get that when trying to import the satellite pic. At first I had the same thing with maplegend.png but rechecked my paths and found an error. No error with sat though. What might be the problem?

EDIT

Also, some of the lower elevation areas are being mistaken for water. How do I fix this?

Edited by Acoustic

"Error loading (pathname)\sat_lco.png"

I get that when trying to import the satellite pic. At first I had the same thing with maplegend.png but rechecked my paths and found an error. No error with sat though. What might be the problem?

EDIT

Also, some of the lower elevation areas are being mistaken for water. How do I fix this?

You can raise the land, so that the water level is lower, i have had to do that recently for my map. Make sure you have a map legend in that folder somewhere and try again.

Anyone? Figured out the water problem, need help on the other.

I'm also starting map making, I've been wanting to make maps for this game for a while but didnt have the time and my desktop wasnt with me (now its in my dorm finally). I already started with Sgt.Aces tutorial but when I get to the step where you import satellite and mask data it gets an error and doesnt load either. "Error saving 'P:\TUT\TUT_SampleMap\Data\. \Layers\S_000_000_lco.png' " I have no idea what the \. \ is between Data and Layers, no such folder separation exists nor does that .png file.