Sign in to follow this  
Akcident

Gaming Freeze/Hang

Hi guys,

I recently started having trouble while playing Arma 2. Up until this point I've been able to run the game without any issues at any setting. I bought the game two weeks ago and updated to 1.08 a few days ago. I'm not sure if the patch is causing the issue or something else. Here what's going on:

After I load the game and I'm in a mission my screen will suddenly freeze and not respond to game commands. I have to go into task manager and close the program manually. This usually happens after about 30 seconds into each mission. I have no clue why.

My system (Laptop):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz (Not overclocked)

GPU: Nvidia 9800M GTS 1 GB (Mobile)

RAM: 4GB (Not sure of clock speed)

EDIT: I believe I have uncovered the issue. Apparently this problem only occurred when I loaded a specific saved campaign mission. Maybe a corrupted file was to blame.

Edited by Akcident
Problem Resolved!

combined operations / combat operations in all caps look VERY similar. A bit of redesign of the forum might help..

ArmA 2 & OA - TROUBLESHOOTING

versus

ArmA - TROUBLESHOOTING

theres a distinct difference, dont know how one can get lost with these two unless one has never played any of the

games and dont know what the difference is, but nothing wrong with the design, you just need to get more familier with the setup and layout.

use this link to get to the main BIS forums:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4