Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Is there any way to include JTD Building Search script to get some urban scenarios? Maybe if Opfor is within a town, exectue the script on them? And for me it seems like the camps are undergaurded and never manned correctly, any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolffy.au viewpost.gif

As for your AI problem, I haven't seen that happening myself, hopefully someone else here has. Are you using Vanilla MSO? Do you run server side Zeus AI or the like?

I have seen it sometimes too, but it happens not so often.

It looks like an demonstration or like refugees, all in one line:confused:

But i have seen it only 2 Times now

Ah Server runs with Ace 1.9 Stable

EDIT: in the mso bons ieds are triggering way to late(in my mission) for you guys to???

yup me too, big conga line :P And after playing for awhile civies like to group up and cluster like crazy.

There is a great mission combining MSO and VTS together !

I've further modified it with shuko's populate and Reezo's IED scripts (and triggermen!) ... just superb !

I've further modified it with shuko's populate and Reezo's IED scripts (and triggermen!) ... just superb !

Out of curiosity, can I ask what the advantage is of using Shuko's Populate over ALICE2?

With Reezo's IED script, did you have to do anything special to implement it? I was planning on making it a module.

yup me too, big conga line :P And after playing for awhile civies like to group up and cluster like crazy.

ACE 1.9 or Vanilla?

Is there any way to include JTD Building Search script to get some urban scenarios? Maybe if Opfor is within a town, exectue the script on them? And for me it seems like the camps are undergaurded and never manned correctly, any ideas?

This question is a little too hard to answer simply. Enemy Populater, which is what puts all the camps around the place was never really meant for anything other than just doing that.

I know Rommel wrote a TaskPatrol script that would search nearby buildings, but I've never used it - and I just don't have the time to investigate using JTD building search.

As for unguarded camps - not sure - if its intermittent and not reproducible, then it will be very hard for me to resolve.

Edited by Wolffy.au

I'd heard there was a problem with custom maps (like Fallujah) when using ALICE2 (maybe I'm wrong).

Nothing special to get Reezo's scripts to work (put in init and away you go)

So how are the modules going to work then ? Will this mean we all have to have a mod?

Naw Krem; basically like everything else in the MSO; it's all modularized with #define statements in the modules/config.hpp You can comment out what you don't want to use and it won't initialize.

I'd heard there was a problem with custom maps (like Fallujah) when using ALICE2 (maybe I'm wrong).

I've been working closely with Shezan to get Fallujah fixed.

There is a patch posted a little earlier in this thread to get ALICE2 to work with Fallujah buildings.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1866134#post1866134

Hey Wolffy.au you may have posted all ready an ETA on the next release but I missed it.

So any ideas?.

Thanks

I've been asking for some help on the Skype MSO channel, cause there is way too much to do for one guy.

Anyone interested in helping, I'm always happy for volunteers. Jump on Skype and contact me on wolffy.au, and you can get real-time support from me on Skype Instant Messaging.

Wolffy.au I would love to help but if its to do with programming,scripting etc then I am out because I have no idea when it comes to that side of things.

I just play the awesome missions and mods that peeps make I have no idea how there made....well apart from there bloody hard there for the peeps that make them are smart as hell.

Thanks

There is a great mission combining MSO and VTS together !

Wheres the VTS merge? Mine keeps crashing out :(

With Reezo's IED script, did you have to do anything special to implement it? I was planning on making it a module.

I just wanted to say thanks Wolffy for the great mission framework!

We have a ACE 2 version of MSO up and running with a lot of tweaks and additions. You can find it by filtering " 15th " in game.

Wolffy I am working integrating Reezo's IED now into our mission now, it was not to hard to get it up and running, the only problem I had was with some of his dialog definitions conflicting with some of mine, but that was an easy fix.

The only problem I am having with the script features is getting his new proximity IED's to detonate in a timely manner. They seem to be lagging behind by about 5-20 seconds, I have been tweaking his code but I have not had a whole lot of success yet. All the other features of SR5 seem to be working good.

The only problem I am having with the script features is getting his new proximity IED's to detonate in a timely manner. They seem to be lagging behind by about 5-20 seconds, I have been tweaking his code but I have not had a whole lot of success yet. All the other features of SR5 seem to be working good.

I was having a chat with Nou and Jaynus yesterday about the overall design of the MSO, and they have suggested a new method that may improve server performance overall.

This WON'T be part of v3.4 but I'll definitely look at re-writing it for v3.5.

In the meantime, out of curiosity, try disabling as many of the modules as possible and confirm if the issue exists. If it does, then its definitely a performance issue created by MSO code.

I can somehow confirm it - when playing MSO I have troubles even with opening ACE interaction menus... I takes about 15-20s for them to show up properly.

ALICE2 is also very heavy on the server - gives me about 6-10fps drop (though even playing without it causes mentioned delay).

Wolffy should be aware of the lag issues as of today, I've pointed him towards something pretty significant from my point of view, once that is fixed many of the script lag issues should disappear :).

We've been hosting an MSO on our server for several days and have had 0 lag.

On another note, if anyone out there could help in getting the game to spawn BLUFOR in order to play as OPFOR in the MSO, please PM me as I'm trying to get it working, all of the other stuff I have finished for it, just can't get it to spawn west units.

Naa, it still wasn't working after that last fix, but I had to go, and haven't had time to sit down with it again, I'll try and catch up with you on skype over the weekend most likely.

Been testing the latest. Awesome work Wolfy. ;)

We had around 20-30 civs in one town alone, great fps (somehow better) with ALL modules on.

We even saw a car crash there was that much traffic on and offroad. Multiple people to each car, it was great.

Around 20 terrorist cells spawned within a few hours of playing.

--------

Ryan [AAF] - Chief Recruit Instructor, Recce Team Leader & Sniper Team Leader

ryansig1.gif

Edited by Rye

Been testing the latest. Awesome work Wolfy. ;)

We had around 20-30 civs in one town alone, great fps (somehow better) with ALL modules on.

We even saw a car crash there was that much traffic on and offroad. Multiple people to each car, it was great.

Around 20 terrorist cells spawned within a few hours of playing.

Be aware this is an internal build with some alpha modules (terrorist cells, new civilian module etc). We are going through testing with Wolffy. All seems pretty solid so far. Terrorist cells are spawning at a rapid rate! New Civilian module and New Caching system work brilliantly. With further internal testing and fixing, we hope to get these new modules out to you guys ASAP! :)

Any chance I can ge a link to the newest build? I can provide much info as it is all my guys play :) /w ACE/ACRE :)

Sorry dude - been trying to make it by 31 Mar, but unfortunately...

I finished testing all the ambience stuff today. Its working well on both Takistan and Chernarus, with good performance.

Hopefully over the next week (or two :( ), Terrorist Cells and Enemy Populator will be completed.

If you want access to the testing missions, get onto Skype Instant Messenger.

ah sounds good Wolffy.au

i cant wait for the next version, because every day someone asks me: "do you got a new and better mso Mission on the server?" :biggrin_o:

Same here :)

Wolffy.au you made a new milestone in arma mods ;)

ah sounds good Wolffy.au

i cant wait for the next version, because every day someone asks me: "do you got a new and better mso Mission on the server?" :biggrin_o: