Sign in to follow this  
djtonybe

Slaving the Apache Gun with trackir

Okay, i have looked all over forums and can't get a definitive answer on this.

Is there a way to slave the apache gun to trackir so that it follows your head movements in the cockpit.

If there is, how?

Scripts, mods, what

And where do i get them?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

And also, why hasn't BIS implemented this already since it is a great feature of actual apaches.

They should, its not likes it's difficult to code in the game engine.

There is not one. Not yet and your the original poster so that means your making it. If not then this is a request and you posted in wrong section of forum.

Yup, just realised.

Note to admin, please move this post to the right forum.

Note to BIS, get on the job..

I'm not sure wheter the M230 is slaved to pilots helmet in real apache or not? :P

Sure it is! That's its party piece. Either crew member can take control and slave it to their eye. Hell, if this was implemented, it might persuade me to get TrackIR. :p

It can be controlled via the Target Acquisition and Designation System (TADS), which is your standard view down the nose mounted optics, or via the Integrated Helmet and Display Sighting System (IHADSS), which is aligned with the helmet. I think Hellfires can also be locked and fired in this manner, not 100% certain though.

Edited by Daniel

Would be possible to do with a custom model of the Apache. You'd have to make the gun controllable via scripts though, and that means replicating the mouse movement in the optics view. But yea, you could slave the gun to the center of your view position (or anywhere else in your view) easily.

Actually if you made the optics another weapon (quite easy to do) and then just slaved the gun to that optics piece (i believe its the optics on the front nose of the Apache) then you could easily, very easily have this done.

is there a way to slave it to the players view because i always with the alt key double tapped so that i can look around and fly with the keys so it would be great to be able to shoot the gun as the pilot

I'm not sure wheter the M230 is slaved to pilots helmet in real apache or not?

It is, it's been around since the Cold War back in the 20th century.

Seeing this topic in the "Complete" section made me jump! shame on you djtonybe... :)

I was looking for this back in ArmA 1 for my TrackIr...

Hopefully it will be done already by the talented community here!

Cheeres!

:)

This is the corresponding Dev-Heaven ticket: #3629

Vote it up to show the devs how many people want this feature! ;)

1 vote up, I would really like to see this. Both for the gunner (both in gun cam and from cockpit view, although of course the latter would be less accurate) and for the pilot if A) no gunner is present and B) Manual Fire has been selected.

Would be great to have this!

That would be badass, and @prototype- I wouldn't flame him so much for making a cool request, it's not like it's basic scripting here.

Also, voted up!

I'm not sure wheter the M230 is slaved to pilots helmet in real apache or not? :P

4:00-4:26