Sign in to follow this  
WillaCHilla

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 77750

I just hope the next patch will have a 77777 build number.

Thread title updated: Hotfix (Build_77750)

[77737] Fixed: fixed problem from previous beta patch with TI mapped on "N" key

Finally got a chance to test the latest beta and wow. Had my squad in column formation as we moved quickly up a hill. When i noticed enemies ahead i went up on the side and told my squad to move up towards the enemies. I had made them aware of the enemies by reveal them. My squad broke the column formation on their own and moved up in a line formation going from cover to cover. :) They covered the whole area as there was hills on both sides of them.

Amazing and thanks. Awesome work BIS. This is why we love ya. ;)

Little EDIT: The new Atoc thingy seems to be what is used in Fallout New Vegas? When i look at the grass in that game i see the same dithering around the grass.

I just hope the next patch will have a 77777 build number.

Wait a few minutes and we will see... :p:D

I've taken to using AToC=4 (Chernarus/Utes trees only) and the performance is now adequate. Turning it off for grass is definitely a big step up, but I also decided to disable it for the new Takistan trees because somehow they were still killing my performance. They look good enough anyway.

The visuals are now excellent on Chernarus with the soft trees and performance is also great. Awesome stuff. :)

Goddamn!! I guess I'd better stop reading the forums full of great news... knowing I'll be stuck with an old laptop for 6 months! :(

There really needs to be a games industry award for "Most Dedicated Developer." BIS would win hands down every time.

I've already bought ARMA2/OA twice - I may just have to find a way to get more money to these guys. I think I'll buy the BAF DLC - it's the only thing I don't have.

Seriously these guys are the gold standard for game devs IMHO.

Yep this is the best company ever BIS you really do rule.

Yours for life.

Little EDIT: The new Atoc thingy seems to be what is used in Fallout New Vegas? When i look at the grass in that game i see the same dithering around the grass.

I see this too, and I actually sort of like it. It seems to give more detail to the grass from a distance. I've already decided it's not distracting enough to be an issue for me.

A little too sentimental in here so let me just say this to you BI!

"You had me at AI, you had me at A........I"

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Im not religious thank god :p but god should take notes on how to patch a faulty product! :D

who wants to try to guess what the new "AToC" feature means?

I've guessed "Attack(ing) Trees of Chernarus", lol

I don't know what the feature exactly does, but it seems to make the trees look fuller from a distance. Something with LODs maybe?

Improved: AI now always moves without covering when given move command by a player (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16504). Improved: AI now always moves without covering when boarding a vehicle.

And a light came down from heaven and a voice spoke that we were at long last delivered from sin.

Does it work?

I think no one really needs this new AToC Feature, unless you fix the whole "muddy" and "popping" texture thing ...

I really appreciate that you work so konsquent on this great game, but don't forget what the community really want's.

What, you mean AI fixes? Check the changelog again. I think they're providing what the community wants. ;)

What, you mean AI fixes? Check the changelog again. I think they're providing what the community wants.

jap, the AI fixes are great, no doubt.

But there are more important things to fix, in my opinion...

The last beta two patches have been a major step backwards in terms of AI using cover as far as I can tell. Currently on my Takistan test mission AI led units are lying down fully exposed when under fire instead of finding cover even though it is only a matter of metres away. They don't seem to like using low walls for cover as much as they did in 77159 and when they do use a wall they just lie behind it so they can't return fire. In 77159 the AI would make good use of walls and would often kneel, fire off some shots, lie down and then repeat the process - they would also reposition themselves for a better shot.

The AI now seems to prefer using trees, bushes and buildings for cover. For me the AI feels the same as it did prior to 77159... Also, AI leaders seem to have gone back to ramboing it again - charging off ahead while their team stay far behind. As far as I'm concerned the AI in 77159 was the biggest AI improvement since the release of A2; sure it needed some refining, but now it seems to have regressed back to the old style use of cover. Sorry for the rant but I'm bitterly disappointed.

Edited by stun

I think no one really needs this new AToC Feature, unless you fix the whole "muddy" and "popping" texture thing ...

I really appreciate that you work so konsquent on this great game, but don't forget what the community really want's.

I think he doesnt mean AI, he is talking about "muddy" and "popping" texture, i have the same problem but i think i found the fix, i must put in video settings "object detail" in Very High and the buildings texture going from low to high disapears, the grass still blinking on and off but less frequently, but there is a problem with object detail in very high, when you zoom with your gun where there are lot of trees , the FPS decreases a LOT!:mad:

I think Bis must find a fix for us who doesnt have a great CPU so we can put object detail in "medium" and dont suffer wih "muddy" and "popping" textue.

Ohh... by the way.... he AI is getting better and better! :bounce3:

I have to say: I am really liking the new feature where I can send an AI to cover :) I notice that it's a one-AI-at-a-time feature, can it be expanded so I can send a few AI, and they will either stack behind the first guy, or use nearby cover points? (Some objects have several cover points, like walls for example.)

The new ATOC feature is giving me some artifacts around the fringes of vegetation, particularly when particles are displayed behind them. I understand it's all WIP, but I share for information :)

I have terrible problems with that new AToC feature , no matter what level i choose (from 1 to 7) , I get weird white pixel popping all over the map (transp. edges of grass, trees, bushes). I can only get it to go away if i choose to run without any AA in the video options or without AToC alltogether.

I noticed however that there's 1 type of tree on the Takistan map that is totally unaffected by the AToC problems (no pixels popping etc..) , it looks almost like this problem has to do with certain clipmaps, maybe saved in different programs, just guessing. Anyway, for me the AtoC feature is no succes.

I also tried different settings in the NV Control panel (AA Transp. Off/Multi/Supersampling, makes no diff.).

Running GTX285 Driver 258.96 on Win 7 Pro x64