Sign in to follow this  
strike0277

Trigger and Syncing

Okay by all accounts this should be working, but it isn't, and I cannot find a reason why.

Trigger activates and Passenger AI get into chopper and fly away.

1.I've put down a manned chopper

2. Ai are in place out side of it.

3. Grouped all AI to the chopper

4. Two way points. one load and one move.

5. synced the trigger to the first way point.

6. Set trigger to activate by radio.

I load in preview and the AI immediately board the chopper without the trigger being activated. I need them to wait till it is. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help guys. I've searched and brushed up on Trigger and way point use, but nothing I do seems to work.

Okay by all accounts this should be working, but it isn't, and I cannot find a reason why.

Trigger activates and Passenger AI get into chopper and fly away.

I load in preview and the AI immediately board the chopper without the trigger being activated. I need them to wait till it is. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help guys. I've searched and brushed up on Trigger and way point use, but nothing I do seems to work.

4. Three waypoints. one move right next to AI (sync to this one), one load, one move.

4. Three waypoints. one move right next to AI (sync to this one), one load, one move.

Same result. The scenario is this. An independent with bodyguards inside a building. Once Bluefor is detected I want he and his bodyguards to run, get into the chopper and the pilot flies them off. I did what you stated, but as soon as I load in they start moving to the chopper. I've grouped them to the copper and tried grouping them to the independent. Now if just set the copper up with the way points and Sync it works.

Add a WP on top of them/their starting position and sync the trigger to that instead. If you sync it to the "move to chopper" WP, they will obviously go there right away.

Common mistake thinking the sync/condition of a WP prevents unit from moving to that WP, when it actually is a condition for them to continue forward from that WP.

Add a WP on top of them/their starting position and sync the trigger to that instead. If you sync it to the "move to chopper" WP, they will obviously go there right away.

Common mistake thinking the sync/condition of a WP prevents unit from moving to that WP, when it actually is a condition for them to continue forward from that WP.

Yeah, that is what I'm doing but, He's still moving. I made a mistake earlier, he's a civi, not an independent. Thought I cannot see that making a difference.

I tried to set something up in the editor for you to see if it would work... if you have PMC.

http://moshland.com/temp/test3.zip

I'm not sure exactly how you want to set up the scenario or the spotted trigger, but what was said above does work. This example I made is just a simple way of doing it, maybe not the best, I don't know.

Good luck, hope that helps.

That's the trouble. As passengers are part of the helicopter team (helo is manned), once the vehicle moves or even starts, it ask its team to board (same with truck. or whatever).

So : put an unmanned chopper, a wp move synched to the trigger and then a wp board on the chopper.