Sign in to follow this  
rexehuk

Small suggestion - Big Improvement - Editor Playable

Was just discussing this with someone else regarding making units playable in the editor... can you PLEASE include a shortcut such as "CTRL + P" when you have units highlighted to set them all to playable at once?

Each mission I make usually involves making 70 players playable manually which is fairly boring and takes a good 5-10 minutes to do.

It would be a nice addition to the editor for what should be a simple task.

VOTE UP ON CIT IF YOU LIKE THIS IDEA - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16963

Edited by rexehuk

A good idea.

@rexehuk

in the meantime, Notepad++ can probably make it a little easier: open mission.sqm, seek and replace the respective words and you're done.

Myke;1842112']A good idea.

@rexehuk

in the meantime' date=' Notepad++ can probably make it a little easier: open mission.sqm, seek and replace the respective words and you're done.[/quote']

Not doable. All units without playable / player lack the line:

player="PLAY CDG";

So you can't go through and find/replace unfortunately... still have to manually add the line to the unit.

+1, or some other way to make a mass of editor-placed units playable.

Maybe a CIT ticket? :)

I like this idea, it is time consuming to make every unit playable you want to possibly play.

Maybe you could put the units down then draw a box around them and then have it where you could have other

features pop up in a action menu like dialogue box that would fade in short amount of time or until you clicked on the screen.

Another idea would be to instead of actually having to open the unit, you could hover your mouse cursor over a unit

and add or change any features you wanted, then also have the option to settings on the box as well as what could

showup in the box too, editing a unit could be as easy as just hovering your mouse cursor over it,

this could be enabled or disabled too.

Just some ideas to throw on the table.

Simple and brilliant - this is a good idea.

Either that or allowing multiple objects to be manipulated with a single edit window, so you can select "playable" and they all become playable.

Ctrl-p works for me too tho'.

BA

That Ctrl+Z feature that was discussed a long ago also would be welcome.

Voted in favour, absolutely brilliant idea. I have minor finger strain from setting so many units to playable by now...