Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I cannot load from an auto-save or any save for that matter while running ACE. Trying to do so will tell me I cannot play/edit the mission because it is dependent on content, or something like that. And then the game will clear of all units and the camera will be stuck in the place where I stopped to load the game.

Also whenever I start up CO with ACE enabled, I get the message:

'addon acex_missions_bc_oa requires ace_sys_bc'

And I still get the "Warning ACEX requires ACE_MAIN at version [1, 5, 1]" Can somebody link me to where I can get ACE_MAIN at version 1, 5, 1 ???

Looks like you aren't running ACE correctly. How exactly are you starting up the game?

I select the Combined Operations shortcut on my desktop. I have @ACE, @ACEX, and the rest of the available content in my Arma 2 folder. I didn't modify the shortcut or use the loader. Should I try that? It works for the most part without doing any of that.

Since I'm still not sure exactly what you're doing, try the following:

Go to Documents\Arma 2 (or Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles\yourname if you created a new profile) and edit the yourname.arma2profile file with a text editor - Find the class ModLauncherList, and make sure it is either empty or looks like this:

class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="missions_pbo";
	name="";
	origin="MY DOCUMENTS DIR";
};
};

This will clear out any mods you might be running through the poor in-game mod management tool.

Then either run the game with the appropriate command line parameters, or if you're not sure how to do that, just use a launcher that does it for you.

So when I try to use the AH-1Z in my arma CO, it says that its texture can not be found. What's up? I used Addon Sync 2009 and then made sure I had everything by downloading the mod off Armaholic.com, but still I was missing something. What should I do?

So why was the grenade system removed? It was great, now it is like throwing a brick that is completely unpredictable.

So when I try to use the AH-1Z in my arma CO, it says that its texture can not be found. What's up? I used Addon Sync 2009 and then made sure I had everything by downloading the mod off Armaholic.com, but still I was missing something. What should I do?
Try installing it over the official SU installation instead.

If still issues see; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

So why was the grenade system removed? It was great, now it is like throwing a brick that is completely unpredictable.
http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14962 free to contribute.

Does ACE mod already change the field of vision? I'm using SLX's FOV .pbo, in order to get a wider FOV (I think vanilla has too small of an FOV), but it is almost as if it's too much when I use it with ACE. Just wanted to confirm.

Also, on a related note, does ACE already add the ability to lie down when using AT launchers?

Really, I just do not want to have any redundancies between ACE and SLX, which is why I only use about two .pbo's from SLX in the first place.

Does ACE mod already change the field of vision? I'm using SLX's FOV .pbo, in order to get a wider FOV (I think vanilla has too small of an FOV), but it is almost as if it's too much when I use it with ACE. Just wanted to confirm.

Also, on a related note, does ACE already add the ability to lie down when using AT launchers?

Really, I just do not want to have any redundancies between ACE and SLX, which is why I only use about two .pbo's from SLX in the first place.

You should take a look at TrueMod's FOV changes, they're really good.

Yes, you can go prone with a launcher in ACE.

You should take a look at TrueMod's FOV changes, they're really good.

Yes, you can go prone with a launcher in ACE.

Okay, thanks for the answer and the recommendation, but does ACE do anything about FOV?

Also, I tried out that TrueMod, and it was so close to being perfect. For me, the ideal situation would be this:

1. Have the wide (TrueMod/SLX) FOV normally

2. When you go into optics by clicking right mouse, automatically go to default (A2) FOV

3. When you hold right mouse, zoom to much narrower FOV, although not as much as A2, more like SLX

SLX skips number 2, and TrueMod skips number 3. Would it ever be possible to make an FOV mod like I described above?

hey gents,

is there anyway i can disable or remove the vertical grips on the m4's? it seems that all my m4's have the grip now?

Edited by stingfish74

Hmm...those new gear sounds ("jingle jangle") while walking are too loud + footsteps, breathing too. If a squad is walking it sounds now more like some dancing-stomping elephants with lots of metal on them. Perhaps reduce this loudness only or make an option to use another sound for gear+walking or say which sound pbo's from ACEX_SM can be safely put into "optional" folder. :)

I like the new explosives system, but now, it doesn´s work anymore to blow things up, which can only be damaged by simultaneous detonations. I was trying to finish a mission with different explosives for about 2 hours now.

If there is a solution please let me know.

Edited by snafu2

I have an addon i wish to add to the ACEX navy faction, to reduce cluttering. Is there an online document with the faction classes?

cheers

I would like to use only some of the sounds from ACEX_SM and from JSRS. For instance, I like the sound of the Lee Enfield in JSRS better than that muffled blast in ACEX_SM. It still sounds under-powered, however. The KSVK in ACEX_SM sounds better than JSRS (it sounds like it really packs a punch). Is there a way to pick and choose the sounds for each weapon from the available mods?

would anyone happen to know why i got no crosshairs? i have them enabled in-game, also enabled in the config file, i like to play 3rd person to see my soldier thats all

also, when changing ace settings, it says save them in settings.ace, when i try to open it, it reports it as a wrong format, damaged or something else, have tryed a few things, using winrar by default

also i updated ace and the config stuff

oh great, thankyou sir.

any idea why i got no crosshairs? i removed @ACE and they came back. i have enabled them in the config ( removed the // ) enabled them in difficulty, but there still not there

EDIT: just tryed "no cross" with clipi. so will go take a look now

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

nope, i still got no crosshairs

also noticed i can't hear team mates either, and its all enabled

awwww man :(

You need to uncheck the options to (re)enable cross+voice.

yep, they are all un-checked except the tracer one.

how do i save the "no wind deflection" aswell? when i press save it tells me its saved to clipboard, and to put it in settings.ace which i cant open