Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

During updating to version 1.9 RC1 the "ACEClippi.exe" was deleted and not replaced by a new version. There was a warning message. So I started the Six Updater (old version - not Six Updater for .NET Framework 4) again. There is still no "ACEClippi.exe" in the Ace folder. :confused:

Edit:

I started the Six Updater one more time. Now only the "ACEClippi.exe" was unpacked in the @ACE folder. Problem solved.

I have that same problem but I reloaded the updater six and I do not see the ACEClippi.exe.. :confused: Any idea why this happens? :confused:

I have that same problem but I reloaded the updater six and I do not see the ACEClippi.exe.. :confused: Any idea why this happens? :confused:
The problem is solved in latest auto-self-update, just restart and rerun Install or Update.

My problem with the satchels is that they only come up in the weapons area, I can place them but cannot interact with them afterwards. Any ideas?

My problem with the satchels is that they only come up in the weapons area, I can place them but cannot interact with them afterwards. Any ideas?
I take it you tried both menus? Self Interaction and Interact with Object?

I just figured it out actually, you have to place it through the interaction menu and not the scroll menu or the weapons change menu. Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

I apologize for my clumsy english. I hope somebody will understand what I'm asking)

before creating issue in the bugtracker two questions on the latest update.

A new system for interaction with satchel charges just super.

question number one: it is now satchel attach to the tanks and etc.? I have not found a way.

question number two, more complicated and to the developers.

what a source of damage to undermined the explosive charge recorded by the system. such as Event Handlers "HandleDamage".

This EH is triggered separately for every selection of the damaged object.

Passed array: [unit, selectionName, damage, source, projectile]

source of new satchels in this case, anyone?

The fact that stopped working script that allows you to damage the object only when the source was a man (with RPG, satchels and any explosives), and from vehicles damage revoked. before the last update script worked perfectly with explosive charges set by humans. today, after update, script is no longer working.

Edited by Greez

Clumsy but understandable ;)

I too didn't find an option to attach satchels, maybe because the script was just redone a day before release? :P

I've found out how to use the satchels after the new ACE update:

Place the satchel(s) using the Self interaction menu (the text "satchel # X" appears in the upper right corner of the screen for each satchel you put down), move one step back so that you look at the satchel, hit the key for your Interaction menu and you'll see a menu:

- Disarm satchel

- Set timer

- Safety off

Select "Safety off", move away and scroll your mouse wheel, then you'll see the option to select "Safety off" for each satchel you've placed, select the satchel(s) you intent to activate and hit e.g. "Detonate satchel 1". :)

Thanks for figuring that out.

I have to say, though, how clumsy that is! Hopefully it will be changed to a more intuitive/simplified system later. Detonating satchels individually is not that important to me, but it could be useful if paired with an appropriate system.

The original system is stupid as a bag of hammers (like most stuff that ACE improves :P), the current is too clumsy...

Ah, freedom of speech, choice and whatever :P

Satchels were probably the last explosive type not "ACE-ified".

I don't think speed and flexibility are synonumous with explosives. I would have explosives even more complex with seperate detonators or blasting caps. Oh the joy of learning stuff! :D

I don't think speed and flexibility are synonumous with explosives. I would have explosives even more complex with seperate detonators or blasting caps. Oh the joy of learning stuff! :D

This man speaks truth.

I to love this shit the more real the better and at the end of the day if ya don't like to do it the real way (as much as we can in the GAME) then play vanilla (not that I am saying BIS got it wrong etc BIS rule for daring to make a game this real and we love ya for it)

I mean the M119 for example the new artillery system added WTF I was like yeah baby this is the tits I cant wait till its implemented on all artillery pieces in ACE :).

I love to learn to use the new ACE features and crave for the new added realism.

I loved to jerry cans,tyre changing,towing cars out of mud,water etc etc I could go on.

Please ACE for the few peeps that moan DO NOT dumb ACE down please.

Oh BTW I love the new satchel system but I would all so like to see an option to explode all satchels at once now.

I used the trigger satchels individually the other day it was awesome and very very handy but I would like an option t trigger all satchel at once.

Keep up the awesome work guys.

@stk2008

I thought the motto of ACE was "realism where it counts" or something like that.

Adding "realism" (complexity) just for realism's sake just produces frustration. That's why I like ACE, it doesn't go over the top in making trivial things complicated to produce a "realistic" experience. Instead, it adds where it can, providing more functionality, not just more complexity. I think that's really what it is. ACE changes things to provide complexity WITH extra functionality, not just complexity.

But this is all totally irrelevant, seeing as how we were discussing how clumsy the current satchel system is. My point is not to "dumb it down" (which is a terrible generalization, by the way), but that there was a lot more complexity than there was added functionality, so it isn't "worth it", I guess.

Props to rocko, though for making it the day before release. Good work. Can't wait to see what you guys are going to do for 1.9 stable!

iirc the motto is "When realism matter"

so realism>userfriendlyness

dealing with explosives it's a very delicate work!

The new system seems ok to me,it's long time since people asked for a system to blow satchels in a selective way

Im having a bit of a problem, tried searching but only managed to confuse myself more.

ACE is the first mod ive tried to use with ARMA2

I followed the directions as listed..

I put @CBA_OA in my main DIR.

launched the game, enabled CBA_OA rebooted..

game shows CBA_OA enabled but when i start a mission it says that I am missing my mod folder.. ??? no idea what that is about..

so I also put the @ACE in my main DIR

launched the game, ACE was listed, hit enable, rebooted game..

include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.. etc etc somecrap

game wont start.

I searched this up, but found myself over my head..

"just use updater"

... what is updater?

"use six updater"

ko is that the same as the aforementioned "updater"

downloaded six updater, installed.. ran.. it pulls up a dos prompt and crashes.

Im not about to get into one of these situations where "to make this work you need this, but that make that work you have to get this and that, and to get those you need to install and run...." no, just no.

I have the correct version of CBA installed, I have the standalone of OA

Im getting stuck in the loop where when I search for a resolution to this problem all I run across is post from other people with the same problem but with answers I don't understand.. I.E. "use six" or "just run updater"

I guess these solutions are obvious to someone who has spent time messing with addons for this game a but, but I am no such person hehe.

can someone steer me in the right direction?

Edited by Wobble

Just updated to 467 with six updater but notes show 1.8 RC3 at 466. did I jump the gun. Are there new notes coming?

did a full reinstall of ACE with six, took a LONG time.

same problem remains.

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp

not found

six also installed a bunch of shit I didnt have...

now I have folders

@ACE

@ACEEX

@ACEEX_SM

@CBA

@CBA_OA

???

still same problem as before though.

Edited by Wobble

Thank you for your previous help!

Now i still have problem with the wounding sys. Im using something like this, to constantly wound the hostage.

[] spawn {while{true} do {
sleep 20;
[hostage, 0.1] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage;
};};

The first loop cycle goes ok, the hostage gets wounded and bleeds... but after that the next cycles have no effect. If i heal the hostage, nothing will happen further. Is "ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage" only usable once?

I can enable CBA and CBA_OA fine, game launches and they are active.

as soon as I enable ACE

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp

deleted profile completely, and started fresh.

same result.

ACE is asking for something that just simply does not exist it seems.

I typed the error into google, apparently im far from alone.

no solution though.

six says everything is current

CBA and CBA_OA are both enabled

EDIT:

it works if i do it manually -mod= and such

Edited by Wobble

You must not activate more than 1 CBA.As written in the docu,you have to run only the CBA compatible with your game installation.

So

CBAOA if you have only a copy of OA standalone

CBAA2 if you have only arma2 installed

CBA if you have combined operation(A2+OA)

Plus,don't activate addons using the internal game launcher,use dedicated launchers or the old string method instead