Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

No - because we *cannot* use the default models for the system (they dont aim correctly, etc). So, they will only be new objects put in which will be the new artillery system (most likely).

Oh, better yet. I noticed that the ACE_M119 was a different sort of object when it reacted like concrete when struck by a bullet.

A few communities regularly play 100 person TVTs. At UO we have done many ~60 player game play, but usually with TVT. As long as you stick to it, it should be fine. The only issue you'll run into is JIP lag (everyone desyncs when someone JIPs). Best to lock the server and only allow 1-3 JIPs at a time. Besides that, no issues with correct mission making.

Thx Jaynus can you please tell me the server specs?

we are going to play on a quadcore 3ghz, 100Mbit bandwich and 8gb ram

it's ok?

Thx Jaynus can you please tell me the server specs?

we are going to play on a quadcore 3ghz, 100Mbit bandwich and 8gb ram

it's ok?

I dont see why not. We run 4 arma2 servers (UO Main, Dev, Alt, and Goons) on the server, quad core 3ghz xeon with 16gb ram. Should be fine - server settings may need tweaking however. hit me up on skype if you want some examples from ours and a few other communities.

The problem might be with the CBA mod. There should be only @CBA there, not @CBA and @CBA_OA.

I believe the @CBA_OA is an old version (counter-part to @CBA_A2). Seeing whenever I update ACE, @CBA_OA isn't being updated anymore, only @CBA.

Try to run it without the @CBA_OA and see what happens.

I stand corrected.

Edited by colossus

@CBA_OA is only updated when it has to be.

See the @CBA\readme.txt to find out what @CBA modfolders you need and why.

@CBA_OA is only updated when it has to be.

See the @CBA\readme.txt to find out what @CBA modfolders you need and why.

well apparently your six updater detected the OA standalone version of arma and downloaded the CBA needed only.

I have no error if i remove the ACE mods!

I still have the same error.

Thanks,

If you have Combined Ops, seperate installation, select the 'A2 OA Combined Ops' Profile.

If you have Combined Ops, seperate installation, select the 'A2 OA Combined Ops' Profile.

i have A2OA standalone version.

I have a question about the AH6 DAGR/FLIR guys.

It is loaded with 8 x DAGR (2 pods), this seems a little excess for such a small chopper. Is this a realistic loadout? I would have thought maybe 4 x DAGR (1 pod) might be. Can anyone clarify please?

I have a question about the AH6 DAGR/FLIR guys.

It is loaded with 8 x DAGR (2 pods), this seems a little excess for such a small chopper. Is this a realistic loadout? I would have thought maybe 4 x DAGR (1 pod) might be. Can anyone clarify please?

that's pretty a badass Little bird....

Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to play the official campaigns/scenarios with ACE or do the missions get all weird?

You can but more than likely you will run into problems soon or later.

Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to play the official campaigns/scenarios with ACE or do the missions get all weird?
The only real problem you could run into is missions that require vanilla vehicle damage behaviour.

In ACE, vehicles do not always completely destruct, therefore triggers might not work properly.

You can remedy this by installing the ace_disable_sys_vehicle_damage addon;

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes

Don't forget to disable/remove before you go onto servers, or play ACE designed missions.

Was live at 5:30 well the docs any ways but its released at 6:00 UK time any ways.

Sickboy thanks.

You know what i mean! :dance1:

Yeah he knows ;) -xx-

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE__________466

@ACEX_________315

@ACEX_SM_____ 83

@ACEX_RU______36

@ACEX_USNavy _38

@CBA__________150

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591