Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Many thanks for all the hard work ACE team, used daily.

Been keeping up with dev releases from the begining and it's been great to see all the functional stuff hitting the battlefield. Really nice to see many of the 3rd party addons making it into the mix also. Quite busy you peoples are, keep up the excellent work.

:)

Is the ACE_M119 functional? I notice a lot of ToDos on the wagn.

Is the ACE_M119 functional? I notice a lot of ToDos on the wagn.

It is, just the documentation isn't done. If you know the basics of indirect fire then it will work as expected though.

The new ARTY stuff isn't finished yet.

So stay calm and wait.

Xeno

I love the floating ejected shell from the M119 as it floats off :-) Cant wait to see the finished version.

ok, so i discovered that the issue I was having at first was caused by my primary @ACE folder being inside a folder of the same name (yeah 7 zip does it stupid like that). Anywho, my next problem is this

"Addon acex_c_men_gear requires version 1.56 of application"

well I have all the latest ACE files downloaded and installed (correctly now). Now I read on the help area that clearing the virtual store can help on some of these issues, but I don't have any Arma files at all in the virtual store on my computer. Just to clarify I'm running Windows 7 and have ARMA CO

Is there a page or link with all the Ace 2 Wounds maps for editing?

Chernarus, Takistan, Lingor, Fallujah, Everon, etc?

There are so many options on armaholic that I just want to start with editing these 5 or so....

Bug or feature: when i set up a mortar and single-handedly load and fire it, it takes half the time that it would when i enable the "Fire on load" option. Plus the mortar changes elevation when enabling it o.O

DevHeaven, search up the issues, already been covered vis a vis fire on load

Fire on load takes the same amount of time as doing it yourself, it's just that during the mortar's own reload timing you're busying yourself doing other stuff like getting inside and aiming

Hi ACE team,

I am getting a bit confused with the recent update featuring a Z in front.

I got: ZACE, ZACEX with Z...RU, Z...Sm, Z...USNAVY and ZCBA.

I have no idea when to use these.

You probably got them from the Zeus YAS repository. If this is the case, then those include the latest stable release of ACE, which is the same as the one you can get on armaholic.com or any other distributors. The reason for the 'Z' is so that you can also update the latest beta release from six updater or other YAS repositories such as UGAF ACE DEV without breaking your stable release copy. I have both stable ACE 1.8 with Z at the start like you, and latest ACE beta without the Z from UGAF ACE DEV. That way if a server or friends are playing with the latest beta all I need to do is run the game with the appropriate shortcut (or if you use a launcher then a different mod set), and same if you want to join a server running latest stable version (currently 1.8).

So:

If server runs 1.8 stable - Use those with Z.

If server runs latest beta/dev version - Use those without Z (assuming you got them from six updater or an appropriate YAS server such as UGAF ACE DEV).

Hi all I have a problem with installing ACE2 on me other pc.

I have a computer in the garage I am trying to install ACE2 on basically its a fresh install of ARMA2 and OA with latest patch and BETA.

I have NOT run the ARMA2.EXE but I HAVE run the OA.EXE and created a profile for that.

Ok after it taking a bloody year to install ARMA2,OA and latest patch I finally installed six updater and went to install ACE2 but it seems that it will randomly slow down to a crawl and lag the hell out of my pc as me mouse starts to lag if I move it and I get errors in the window saying

Rsync trying 7/8 I assume there servers?.

I will give ya exact code later.

I have done nothing different to me install of ACE2 that is on me main pc so why is this one spassing out?.

The computer in me garage is on a belkin wireless adapter but I cant see that being a problem?.

Thanks

EDIT

While I am trying to download ACE2 I am using me other pc in the house to browse the net,steam etc could that be causing issues?.

Edited by stk2008

Check if your internet connection on that PC is actually working properly and smoothly. Browsing the net and having steam running (as long as it's not automatically downloading some updates at full speed) should not cause any noticeable strain on the net.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I will have a look soon and then report back to you hopefully on the PC in question that way I can tell you the exact text coming up on screen.

It did manage to install @ACE I think but this time it started playing up on @ACE_SM.

Last time it played up on @ACEX so its random.

I will check my internet on that pc but it has been ok all day as I downloaded the patch,six updater,ARMA2 BETA patch etc etc.

The worrying thing is the PC is very very sluggish when I get this error I cant even ctrl,alt delete its that laggy and so is the mouse courser so not sure what's goin on here.

FFS ok did again and when its gets to @ACE its sluggish as hell and the mouse will freeze now and then etc.

But it wized pass @ACEX,CBA etc ummm can some one confirm that six updater is working or at least @ACE part?.

I am sure its my PC but I am lost here.

Ok I have reinstalled six updater on main HD with the OS restarted it yet again and it just sits there at @ACE when it gets there it lags like a bugger and the HD light flickers.

Maybe its the HD? as I have just installed it not the OS one this one was installed just for ARMA2 etc to go on (Bad sector).

It formatted and installed ARMA2 etc ok though.

Edited by stk2008

@stk2008;

Check your firewall settings, make sure all the updater apps are allowed;

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus

If you still have issues, please follow the support steps of creating a ticket with requested logs, screenshots and details;

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

Edited by Sickboy

Just got a quick question here; Is it normal for my game to be telling me that I've got the wrong @CBA for my version of the game and that I should be running the one for Combined Ops, even though I bought my ArmA 2 from Steam and my Operation Arrowhead from Amazon.com? Seems as though no matter which profile I use, when I pop into the editor, it says I'm using the wrong one. It's the only error that ACE2 has given me and it's only when I pop into the editor.

Just got a quick question here; Is it normal for my game to be telling me that I've got the wrong @CBA for my version of the game and that I should be running the one for Combined Ops, even though I bought my ArmA 2 from Steam and my Operation Arrowhead from Amazon.com? Seems as though no matter which profile I use, when I pop into the editor, it says I'm using the wrong one. It's the only error that ACE2 has given me and it's only when I pop into the editor.

From the CBA readme:

What do I need?

===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation

folder.

* If you have a "merged", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II

content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA

and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

* If you only have the older ArmA II installed, you need both the @CBA and the

@CBA_A2 folders loaded.

Combined ops - only @CBA folder.

Hey Sickboy, can you pls post me how i can contact you privat/mail or skype or so, got a problem on dev heaven and cant get support,-ty.