Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

hey guys, just a minor problem, when i try to download anything from the six-updater, it wont add to the selected list, so say when i try to download fallujah, it wont get added to dynamic or the Arma ACE OA folder, therefore i can not download it... i have the latest version of six-updater. any ideas on how i can get this to work again?

Better to keep the SIX Updater discussion to its thread or check out the docu http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater :)

Sickboy: Ah nice ! I didnt realize ACE medics did their job without being told - bonus !

Thanks, as always !

ok so I downloaded all the latest files for ACE 1.8, unzipped them, put them in my game directory, but the ACE config in user configs (after unzipping it) popped everything into my command line for the short cut and i'm still getting this error.

"Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found" seeing as it's ending with .hpp I suspect I'm missing something in the configs... anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Oh, and just to help isolate the problem here is my command line for the shortcut

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@WarFX

I replaced the ace.sys.wounds with the 17287 you mentioned above, but Medics are still moving to the injured and reporting "negative" after some time. The whole squad is red (because AnimalMother gives the enemy too many bullets:p) but no healing going on.

Curiously, the medic doesn't have a scratch on him. The rest of the squad is about ready to remedy his condition. :D

I actulley started to notice more action from my team after reeinstalling GL4? Coincidence perhaps. Either way still not perfect but better. You said something about a medic module sickboy? Are you refering to ace wounds module?

And on a side question I am trying to create a mine field with DAC and get a "bad objects" with the ACE_BBetty etc and other mines. Is there another classname for already activated mines? Thanks

Edited by CombatComm

ok so I downloaded all the latest files for ACE 1.8, unzipped them, put them in my game directory, but the ACE config in user configs (after unzipping it) popped everything into my command line for the short cut and i'm still getting this error.

"Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found" seeing as it's ending with .hpp I suspect I'm missing something in the configs... anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Oh, and just to help isolate the problem here is my command line for the shortcut

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@WarFX

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Game_Issues#Weird%20Crashes,%20include%20file%20not%20found,%20macros/defines%20missing

I replaced the ace.sys.wounds with the 17287 you mentioned above, but Medics are still moving to the injured and reporting "negative" after some time. The whole squad is red (because AnimalMother gives the enemy too many bullets:p) but no healing going on.

Curiously, the medic doesn't have a scratch on him. The rest of the squad is about ready to remedy his condition. :D

Hmm, if the issue happens in a mission of mine but not in the repro that Sickboy linked to, could you perhaps ticket it @ my tracker (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/issues) and we can try to figure it out? :)

Edited by AnimalMother92

hey guys, just a minor problem, when i try to download anything from the six-updater, it wont add to the selected list, so say when i try to download fallujah, it wont get added to dynamic or the Arma ACE OA folder, therefore i can not download it... i have the latest version of six-updater. any ideas on how i can get this to work again?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17314

Hmm, if the issue happens in a mission of mine but not in the repro that Sickboy linked to, could you perhaps ticket it @ my tracker (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/issues) and we can try to figure it out? :)

No, I just tested and had the same issue in the test mission, but maybe I just have something set up wrong. :o I updated the tick.

Thanks for clearing that up Sickboy, I think I understand it now. BTW Congratulations to you and the ACE team for Mod of the year 2010!

Thanks for clearing that up Sickboy, I think I understand it now. BTW Congratulations to you and the ACE team for Mod of the year 2010!
NP, thanks, and enjoy :)

Take a look at the documentation linked in the first post.

I solved my problem of logging into Dev-Heaven by actually going to the correct site, Dev-Heaven, and logging in there. In a fit of noobism I was trying to log into Wagon, not realising the two had different log-ins.

I shall proceed accordingly. :j:

I solved my problem of logging into Dev-Heaven by actually going to the correct site, Dev-Heaven, and logging in there. In a fit of noobism I was trying to log into Wagon, not realising the two had different log-ins.

I shall proceed accordingly. :j:

Shit happens, glad to hear you got it sorted ;-)

Hi again I am playing with making a dedi server again.

Now my MP missions folder is empty because ACE now have the MP missions in a PBO form.

Problem is the dedi server tool I am using (TA2DST) dont show any missions because there is none.

Can I not extract the PBO missions?.

For clarification. If you join an online server which accepts the ACE mod. Can you run it and then play against those whom aren't running it?

In regards to the placement of the mod folders. As I like to run "CO" I've put the ACE mods in my ArmA 2 folder. However, can I simply just move them to my OA folder in case I only want to run OA?

Edited by [General Nuisance]

Hi all, I got interested in Ace and want to ask if this is all I need? http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=4948&game=1 Any specific order of instalation? And I have CO.

Yes, this is all you need. You actually shouldn't run CBA_OA either if you run CO, just the rest of the mod folders.

Of course if you want to play on servers and/or with people who run the latest beta version, you will have to get it from Yoma's Addon Sync or Six Updater (see first post for info). But most public servers seem to run stable now, so if you play on such a server you will be fine with what you linked.

A friend of mine claims that the KH repo is superior to the UGAF one because "it features tested files that are error tested". Say what?!

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE__________463

@ACEX_________312

@ACEX_SM_____ 82

@ACEX_USNavy _37

@CBA__________149

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

Hi all thanks for yet another awesome ACE2 update.

I have a request not just for the ACE team a member of the public who knows a lot about ACE2 could take it on :).

Could some one make a real in depth video tutorial on ALL the ACE2 features because every time I see a new update I see new stuff added but half the time I have no way of knowing how it really works.

And as every one knows a video will get the point across way better than any docs could.

So yeah an in depth video for every ACE2 feature and item would kick ass.

A very big challenge I know but would be real help full.

I plan to do a big write up of the Artillery stuff... well at least a general overview, in the next few days and post that up.

Till then read the field manuals... :p

is there any tutorial how to use this hyper new six updater? otherwise i want to have the old one :( it always says "cannot update, mod is tagged 'skipped'"