Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

First and probably last question on this mod. I am new to it all and well have seen a lot on the ACE mod lineage but never used.

I guess this will pickle any of the official campaigns (BAF, PMC, OA) and is only designed for multiplay use?

For the most part you can play any vanilla mission in ACE just fine but you might run into some difficulties such as not having any earplugs for your MG or AT guys.

Yeah there are a few possible issues for playing missions that weren't designed for ACE, but most missions work more or less fine. What usually breaks is anything that relates to armored vehicle destruction/repair/etc due to ACE armor system or if a mission relies on non-pilots flying jets they would have a hard time with ACE running. And of course if a mission relies on you to abuse the poor ballistics of BIS AT weapons, with ACE you obviously won't be able to and will probably fail to survive the mission...

I can't get AI medics to ever heal a friendly human player. Any tips?

My Six UPDATER keeps on crashing.

Whats wrong with it?

No idea, I do not poses a magic crystal ball. :D

Please supply details, screenshots and logfiles in a ticket, as requested at http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support, and I will solve it directly.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Can you not download the latest STABLE release VIA six updater?.

If not then maybe they could add this as one of the prefix set ups would save a lot of hassle as peeps could then use it to create the desktop shortcuts and it will put the folders in the reqiured location.

I have only ever used latest versions using six updater.

Putting ACE stable on the updater network is a waste of space on the mirrors.

Additionally, we recommend to always run the latest ongoing dev.

I am however working on custom repository hosting, so clans/communities/servers can host their own mods, versions, and even missions.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17006

I guess by then we could also setup an ACE Stable repository.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Nobody was born with this knowledge, and some people take longer than others to figure this out.
That's why there is documentation. Edited by Sickboy

Yet still, some people take longer than others to understand what is written in the documentation, or even find it, regardless of how easy it is for others. Anyway this was a reply to Zio Sam's post who seems to assume that everyone know how Arma 2 works, how it runs mods, and how ACE's site is built, and in reality even a lot of very good players don't really know those things. PC knowledge/ability is not necessarily correlated to game knowledge.

Yet still, some people take longer than others to understand what is written in the documentation, or even find it, regardless of how easy it is for others. Anyway this was a reply to Zio Sam's post who seems to assume that everyone know how Arma 2 works, how it runs mods, and how ACE's site is built, and in reality even a lot of very good players don't really know those things. PC knowledge/ability is not necessarily correlated to game knowledge.
You're forgetting about the fact that many people won't read docs, or search for the docs, but simply jump into the first thread they can find (or even create a new thread).

IMO has little to do with technical knowledge, but otherwise agreed.

Edited by Sickboy

sickboy is right,too many people come here and simply ask for someone who can solve their problem,maybe also complaining about something.This mod is free and has the better documentation and the better support team.

People can't grewing up if they always found someone solving their problems.

Ace mod docu is not written in ancient maya,to run ace mod you don't need a master in molecolar chemistry,you need just a brain.

If you have followed all docu,info,tutorials and something does not work THEN you can ask for help,simply stealing devs time is not a fair behaviour IMO.

All the documentation in the world doesent seem to explain how to get medics effective in single player.

I have the ace wounds set up and a medic stuffed to the brim with bandages, epi, and morphine and he still does not apply anything to anyone. Just stands there. I usually have to end up grabbin supplies of him and do it myself and that takes away from shots i, as the designated marksman can put downrange.

On top of this, if i do go back to the field hospital the medic still does nothing while i am able to heal them fully. I know there is a way to get the ai to use this stuff. Theres gotta be.

All the documentation in the world doesent seem to explain how to get medics effective in single player.

On top of this, if i do go back to the field hospital the medic still does nothing while i am able to heal them fully. I know there is a way to get the ai to use this stuff. Theres gotta be.

Medics and friendly AI treat me / eachother just fine here.

As of next update, they will even reach into their rucksacks; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17287

I take it the ACE Wounds module is placed? Perhaps you have corrupt installation, or an incompatible addon mix.

Docs indeed won't help much in this situation. Providing problem details, log files, and repro mission does; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

vneeld_thumb.png

Edited by Sickboy

I have the ace wounds set up and a medic stuffed to the brim with bandages, epi, and morphine and he still does not apply anything to anyone. Just stands there. I usually have to end up grabbin supplies of him and do it myself and that takes away from shots i, as the designated marksman can put downrange.

It usually just works, but I think you need to report that you're wounded. Are you doing that ? Press 5 then 4.

It usually just works, but I think you need to report that you're wounded. Are you doing that ? Press 5 then 4.
Should not be required. The medics scan for wounded people in their vicinity and help them when required, some random delays are involved.

Medics and friendly AI treat me / eachother just fine here.

As of next update, they will even reach into their rucksacks; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17287

Sweet! Didn't I see a while back that AI will also take ammo from their rucks? I thought I saw that in an update months ago but I can't seem to find it now.

Can they do this?

Sweet! Didn't I see a while back that AI will also take ammo from their rucks? I thought I saw that in an update months ago but I can't seem to find it now.

Can they do this?

Negative, at least not to my knowledge :D

Didn't Robalo work on VF Equipment AI? Perhaps he has or could build it in there.

Edited by Sickboy

Yes I've added that feature in the rearming addon a few months ago. AFAIK ACE does not make AI rearm.

Edited by Robalo_AS

I'm still looking for a proper way to delete all mines/claymores/etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm still looking for a proper way to delete all mines/claymores/etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.

This includes all Ammo objects in 20m radius;

{ if (_x isKindOf "Default") then { diag_log [_x, typeOf _x] } } forEach nearestObjects [player, [], 20]

Output;

[1977: satchel.p3d,"PipeBomb"]
[2065: ied_v2.p3d,"PMC_ied_v2"]
[1927: at15.p3d,"Mine"]

TimeBombCore instead of Default will only include Mines etc.

This seems to work great for BIS stuff as you listed, but doesn't detect ACE stuff such as claymores and C4s :(

I'm basically trying to clean the map of anything that shouldn't be there before next round starts.

This seems to work great for BIS stuff as you listed, but doesn't detect ACE stuff such as claymores and C4s :(

I'm basically trying to clean the map of anything that shouldn't be there before next round starts.

That's because they're not ammo, but vehicles.

nearestObjects [player, ["ACE_Explosive_Object", "ACE_M86PDM_Object", "ACE_BreachObject"], 20]

Negative, at least not to my knowledge :D

Didn't Robalo work on VF Equipment AI? Perhaps he has or could build it in there.

That what it was. I believe it was he that added that feature.

Interesting conversation re: ACE Wounds system.

In my experience I cant get my AI medic to heal either -- I think its a conflict between ACE wounds and the regular BIS system, as the medic tries to heal in the standard BIS way, and that no longer works.

Of course this is on a regular mission converted to ACE, so I think that is the issue.

Ive tried using the '6' menu to get the AI medic to heal someone and he says he cant. As a check of my theory, as medic I try to heal myself, and a roll of hte mouse wheel still shows the old 'heal medic' option there, but it doesnt work.

The moral of the story is that a regular mission converted to ACE has to be very careful in how they implement the ACE healing/wounding system.

I can confirm that there seems to be a bug in the current released mod version - at least, for me too it seemed the AI medic wasn't doing his job :O

However with the latest available version which also checks their rucksacks etc, the problem seems gone, please confirm; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17287

There's also a repro mission included, I usually shoot the dude left of me and see the medic go in action :)

Or harm myself with a nade some meters away ;D

The non working medic action is normal, and has to remain for when the wounds system is disabled.

In a conversion, placing the medic module, and making sure everyone has the supplies you think they need, should be sufficient.

Edited by Sickboy

hey guys, just a minor problem, when i try to download anything from the six-updater, it wont add to the selected list, so say when i try to download fallujah, it wont get added to dynamic or the Arma ACE OA folder, therefore i can not download it... i have the latest version of six-updater. any ideas on how i can get this to work again?