Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Cheers for the replies guys, i will manually update the beta for now then.

Ok thanks Sickboy.

Because i have to wait for the new topic to be approved.

Could you enable all the items please?

Or tell me how i can do it by myself if the new topic is been approved.

Edited by michal788

AIs seem to be using binoculars in the middle of the firefight which sometimes leads to them or their squadmates being killed

Hi all, hoping I can get some help. Ace sounds fantastic...but I can't get it to run on my computer. Here's a brief rundown of my situation:

1) I'm running Win7. I can provide more detailed system information if that would be helpful

2) I have the Combined Ops package, downloaded through gamersgate.com. It installed to Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2.

3) I have the game patched to the latest version.

4) I have downloaded CBA, the Ace core mod, and Acex, Acex_USNavy, Acex_Ru, and Acex_SM using the Six Updater. According to the updater, I have the latest version of each. Those folders are in my main Arma 2 folder.

5) If I try to launch the game through the Six Updater, I receive multiple fatal errors, and the game will not launch.

6) I also used the Six Updater to create a desktop shortcut. f I launch the game through the shortcut, the game will launch, but the only mod that loads is CBA.

7) My shortcut target reads: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU"

I'd love to be able to play the game with Ace, and I'd really appreciate any help any of you can offer. Thanks!

Hi all, hoping I can get some help. Ace sounds fantastic...but I can't get it to run on my computer. Here's a brief rundown of my situation:

1) I'm running Win7. I can provide more detailed system information if that would be helpful

2) I have the Combined Ops package, downloaded through gamersgate.com. It installed to Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2.

3) I have the game patched to the latest version.

4) I have downloaded CBA, the Ace core mod, and Acex, Acex_USNavy, Acex_Ru, and Acex_SM using the Six Updater. According to the updater, I have the latest version of each. Those folders are in my main Arma 2 folder.

5) If I try to launch the game through the Six Updater, I receive multiple fatal errors, and the game will not launch.

6) I also used the Six Updater to create a desktop shortcut. f I launch the game through the shortcut, the game will launch, but the only mod that loads is CBA.

7) My shortcut target reads: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU"

I'd love to be able to play the game with Ace, and I'd really appreciate any help any of you can offer. Thanks!

Could you run it without ACE?

And what kind of errors? (exactly)

Maybe you must start a new topic.

Could you run it without ACE?

And what kind of errors? (exactly)

Maybe you must start a new topic.

Thanks for your response.

I can run the game normally without ACE. It runs fine with just CBA installed; but if I try to add ACE, the game will not run.

I actually get different errors depending on how I try to launch the game:

1) I've tried launching it through the Six Updater. I receive the following fatal errors:

a) "No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow

b) "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecular Alpha:0"

2) If I launch the game through the default Arma2 launcher, and enable ACE through the Expansions menu, I receive the following:

a) Non-fatal "Addon ace_anims requires version 1.56 of application."

b) Fatal "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found."

3) If I launch the game using a desktop shortcut, I receive the following non-fatal error:

a) "Addon acex_ru_a2_compat requires version 1.54 of application."

The game then loads, but ACE does not.

Thanks again. And I'd be happy to start a new thread if that would be more helpful.

Hi,

is it possible to get a setting in ACE Settings, where i can enable/disable the white names from other player? So i can make clear Screenshots and other stuff without looking away from them.

greets StieMO

Found the right Class

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/classlist?=ACE+with+ACEX%3A+1.8+RC1&version=42&commit=Change&options[group_by]=weap_type&options[custom_type]=Ruck&options[faction]=

ACE_ALICE_Backpack

Sorry to be a bother.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

s version 1.56 of application."

b) Fatal "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found."

3) I version 1.54 of application."

The game then loads, but ACE does not.

Herk what version displays on your main screen when it does launch?

Are you at the most current version of the game and ACE?

http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-oa-update-157_en.html

Let us know.

PS

I advise personally using the internal Expansion way to launch your game.

Edited by Styxx42
Solved it...

I have seen mention of BAF stuff being applied into the your ACE but i can't find a couple things.

I can't find any BAF backpacks, not can I find the chest pouch (i think it's called) that the ACR troops use.

Maybe i should be clear, i use RTE and all of your rucks show up as secondarty weapons, so that is how i add them to my units. But I do not see those backpacks among the secondary weapons.

I only find the backpacks under BIS feature, which only lets you put the backpacks on the map, not on the soldier. AT least wihtout coding.

Did you not add them to the secondary weapons slot? I see the big ACR backpacks, also skinned in german camo, but not the BAF or chest/back pouch.

Thanks.....Oh and where can I find a list of which rucks you use that have acurate pictures? I don't know how many times i start a game with spongebob on my back. Usually there is only one ruck picture for 3 different backpacks, and i have to use trial and error to make sure I have the right one on.

At least a list of classnames for the backpacks/rucks BAF and PMC?

Thanks.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 ----------

Fatal "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

If you get that you do not have the latest version of CBA installed, or have not loaded it, or you have older CBA addons laying around perhaps spread across other mod folders; remove all CBA addons from all mod folders and only leave the official @CBA mod folders.

Also clear your VirtualStore of any arma related files.

The messages re version 1.54 and 1.56, install Patch 1.57 and make sure you do not use some older beta pre 1.57.

I will add a feature to the updater for this http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17031

Edited by Sickboy

I looked at all your configs that you linked to in your response, but i still can't find the backpacks that I am looking for. Have you taken them out? Or does it mean that they can only be used as BI backpacks?

The standard british backpack

and the CZ vest,chest,back, pouch. whatever it's called. Thanks

Sickboy:

I tried to PM you but you're not taking any =o).

Anyways,

Hey guys, just a quick question on installing.

I had v1.7 unpacked it and installed it. Then I restarted the game as it told me to after enabling it. Then my game would not start because of it.

On this one, I have extracted it staright to the game location (@ACE). Is that all I have have to do?

I did this with CBA and it worked fine. I'm just scared to try it again with this ACE v1.8.

My version is A2:CO dedicated DVD-ROM

I looked at all your configs that you linked to in your response, but i still can't find the backpacks that I am looking for. Have you taken them out? Or does it mean that they can only be used as BI backpacks?

If you can't find them on the list we simply don't have them.

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Sickboy:

I tried to PM you but you're not taking any =o).

Guess why PM's are blocked :D. If you're looking for help, people in the thread can help.

Perhaps this applies; http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1844061&postcount=62

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Edited by Sickboy

If they're not in the ruck box/magicbox, then they're only available as BI backpacks, yes.

I dont know why you disable it sickboy.

(I cannt find any information about it )

But can you enable the maptools en dagr?

Thanks.

Edited by michal788

I dont know why you disable it sickboy.

(I cannt find any information about it )

But can you enable the maptools en dagr?

Thanks.

Maptools and DAGR aren't disabled. They just don't show up in the magic box because of reasons mentioned. Also, like I mentioned already, I have disabled the behaviour for the test mission. You just have to wait 8 hours until the next update! http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Mentioned items have class Armory { disabled = 1 }; defined.

The magic box filters these out.

I will disable this behaviour for the test mission.

Edited by Sickboy

I need help. I installed the mod ACE 1.8, but my game is reporting an error as attached image:

catracked2aav.jpg

Searching the Internet a solution but could not solve my problem.

ACE 1.8 is the first modification to install on my game.

Edited by allterra

Seems like you're trying to run OA standalone without CBA_OA. Either run combined operations, or run CBA_OA in addition to everything else you're running (but don't do both! CBA_OA is not meant for combined operations, it's meant to fix your problem for when running OA standalone).

OK thnks Sickboy,

Ill wait when the mentions stuff come back.

It is now clear.

You can now help other people with missing backpacks en install errors.

:butbut:( Can any one help Sickboy with support? )

Is it possible to control the gun on Apache as a pilot?

No only if you are a gunner.

As pilot you must control the helicopter self.

Edited by michal788

Seems like you're trying to run OA standalone without CBA_OA. Either run combined operations, or run CBA_OA in addition to everything else you're running (but don't do both! CBA_OA is not meant for combined operations, it's meant to fix your problem for when running OA standalone).

solved my problem before was this:

C:\Jogos\ArmA2OperationArrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

now looked like this:

C:\Jogos\ArmA2OperationArrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Tanks

Is it possible to control the gun on Apache as a pilot?

Check this out:

"SLX_CarGunner: Allows a player to take over the AI gunner of a car while driving.

Dependencies: None."

You find it in the SLX Mod and you only need slx_cargunner.pbo. Delete the rest if you don't want them. Anyway, this lets you take full control over the weapons in the Apache. You can freely zoom and turn (aim) the gun around.

Backspace to end the gunner mode.

The only bug I found was that you can't lase in this mode so enemies very far away will be harder to hit.

solved my problem before was this:

C:\Jogos\ArmA2OperationArrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

now looked like this:

C:\Jogos\ArmA2OperationArrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Tanks

Is that right? Are you supposed to use both @CBA and @CBA_OA?