Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Ah yes I see them now thanks great job BTW im loving the missions.

Just to be an ass, the mod is perfection, but the thread title has a typo :)

Now that is picky, seeing as I cant fault anything in the mod itself :)

Enviroment = environment in northeastern ebonics

;)

Seriously IMHO best addition to any game I have ever played.

THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY BOUT THAT.

ACE TEAM

Thanks for your blood, sweat and I am sure tears.

And last but not least for Sharing with all of us and putting up with whiners, complainers and wienies.

I am sure I have been one(or more) of those through the years.

Ingeniously conceived, artfully fleshed out, (almost) flawlessly executed. Congratulations and THANK YOU!

thanks a lot:bounce3:... but how can i get csw ai to work...i don´t get it :confused:

Daddybear;1842335']We've got a little problem with 1.8.

I've just updated the server and now when a client connects the Server crashes with.

The Mission he can't open is always a other one from mpmissions directory.

Server is a Linux 1.57 Server.

The file permissions for the folder and the files are set correctly.

When I start the server without ACE 1.8 it works fine without any problem.

ACE v1.7 works fine too.

Does anyone have got a idear?

Problem has been fixed by deleting all old missions with old ACE stuff.

I'm new to ACE, but I'm loving it. I cannot comprehend the amount of work that has gone into this masterpiece. I want to congratulate all envolved on their fine work. I do, however, get a missing script error upon loading a soldier in the editor. I also seem to be missing access to the Arma 2 Armory.

The missing script error message tends to reference what ever weapon I am currently equipped with and this only occurs when I have ACRE and its required library loaded at the same time. I could assume this is because I am not connected to TS or not in multi-player setting, or even that I have not fully read the mountain of documentation as of yet. :rolleyes: Any shed light would be appreciated.

The Armory simply stays at the loading screen. After a few minutes I usually just tab out of the game and kill the app.

All of the addons were installed over the Six Updater. Again, thanks very much for your dedication to this project.

Edited by Khugan

The problem is unrelated to ACE.

It's ACRE, perhaps because you are not running @JayArmalib, did not put dsound.dll into place (copy to root arma2 folder or arma2\expansion\beta if you run beta), or because the jaylib version is not compatible with the arma2 version you are running.

I was pointed to this thread by McNools, so here goes;

Hi everyone. First post on this topic, so be gentle.

I installed Yoma Tools and downloaded the ACE mods from Kelly's Heroes. I am able to launch the OA Dom version after finding and adding some files to the ACEX folder. However, I am not able to launch the Chernarus Dom map. When I load it up it says that ACE_MTVRRepair and ACE_MTVRReammo are missing. I went to the mission folder and deleted this;

class Item8

{

position[]={8183.455,296.04,1966.855};

azimut=-28.5048;

special="NONE";

id=38;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="ACE_MTVRRepair_DES_EP1";

skill=0.3333333;

text="xvec3";

hoping that the map would not "call" for the item. It did not work. I am still not able to load the map without this piece. I searched for the file on Bing and Google and I cannot find it to add.

How can I get this file? Should I use Yoma to call to a different server than Kelly's Heroes?

TIA

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running the jaylib, but I am also running on a beta. I will do as you suggest.

EDIT:

Yes if I had followed the jaylib instructions (copy the dsound.dll to the expantion/beta) I wouldn't have had the error. Sorry for sullying your thread.

Edited by Khugan

How can I get this file? Should I use Yoma to call to a different server than Kelly's Heroes?

TIA

Sounds like your @ACE installation is broken. Clean your virtual store, repair the installation in addonsync, redownload, or get it elsewhere; different mirror, six updater, armaholic, etc.

Often instead of respawning as seagull (mission is set to bird respawn in description.ext) my player just gets stuck in first person camera, but is still dead for all intents and purposes. Could this have anything to do with ACE or with combining ACE with the BIS injury system? ACE wounding module is not used either. Player is dead according to the game (gets a death and if kill messages are on a kill message is shown).

Hey, :)

By installing ACE 2 for CO/OA I remarked multiple problems :

1. I've got 2 "US Army" in my BLUFOR factions. Both are sames, and Æ US Army disappeared.

2. The Originals BIS Strykers (Desert) have disappeared too.. Only the Strykers MC and ATGMV are remaining. Others have been replaced by ACE (Green) one.

3. Where are the M2A2/M2A3 Bradley Woodland ?

Thank you for all your answers :)

Bye :D

Often instead of respawning as seagull (mission is set to bird respawn in description.ext) my player just gets stuck in first person camera, but is still dead for all intents and purposes. Could this have anything to do with ACE or with combining ACE with the BIS injury system? ACE wounding module is not used either. Player is dead according to the game (gets a death and if kill messages are on a kill message is shown).
Not a known bug, simple repro mission showing the problem could be helpful.

Executing head-bug-fix could at least be work around, if you can access it, I guess you can (press escape, ace settings, headbug fix).

ok... but is there a script like: AI konkurs team spottet enemy tank, so it bring konkurs in postion load it an fires till enemy destroyed or till no ammo then unmount it...????

that would be great ;)

That's up to mission makers. Edited by Sickboy

Hmm I'll try the headbug. Can't reproduce reliably, it seems completely random. One time you'll die and respawn as seagull, another you just stay laying there. But I do get it rather often in these missions.

I tryed the Mortar Auto Fire feature. But the mortar is not staying on target. What am i doing wrong?

Hmm I'll try the headbug. Can't reproduce reliably, it seems completely random. One time you'll die and respawn as seagull, another you just stay laying there. But I do get it rather often in these missions.

Could you add the following to init.sqf and check again ?

ace_w_no_handledamage = true;
publicVariable "ace_w_no_handledamage";

It'll take care that the wounds handleDamage EH is not added to units (normally the handleDamage EH is always added even if wounds is not enabled (in this case only for effects), ace_w_no_handledamage prevents it).

Thanks.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Hi, i have a quick question regarding the six updater suite and the latest beta patches... (I apologise for posting this in here, but i figure it is partially related to ACE)

I notice the beta available via the updater is at least a couple of beta patches behind where the current release is. Is this a case of compatability with the ACE mod that it is not up to date? I wanted to try the latest, obviously it would be nice to use the updater, but i'll manually download the patch if it will run ok with ACE.

BTW, fantastic work on the new updater Sickboy (and any others that were involved), its rolled everything i wanted into a neat little package :)

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

I notice the beta available via the updater is at least a couple of beta patches behind where the current release is. Is this a case of compatability with the ACE mod that it is not up to date?

It's just not up2date on the SIX Updater network, nothing to do with ACE compatibility. ACE works fine with the latest beta.

Xeno

Hi all,

I have a question for Sickboy. ;)

If I start ACE2 DEMO 1 I find in the crate a lot of stuff ,that is great.

I thought that was the magicbox isnt?

But i miss 2 things and maybe more.

The DAGR and the MAP tools.

Where are they????

PS

This is what i have;

Arma 2 + OA (from steam)

@ACE 1.7 + 1.8 RC1

@ACEX

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_SM

@ACEX_USNavy

@CBA

@CBA_OA

Hi, i have a quick question regarding the six updater suite and the latest beta patches... (I apologise for posting this in here, but i figure it is partially related to ACE)

I notice the beta available via the updater is at least a couple of beta patches behind where the current release is. Is this a case of compatability with the ACE mod that it is not up to date? I wanted to try the latest, obviously it would be nice to use the updater, but i'll manually download the patch if it will run ok with ACE.

BTW, fantastic work on the new updater Sickboy (and any others that were involved), its rolled everything i wanted into a neat little package :)

Glad you like it!

I usually only update the Beta once JayArmalib (for ACRE) support is availabe.

I do this because I feel the primary target is multiplayer communities, and pushing people's beta beyond the jaylib compatibility seems counter productive, while those who wish can manually install the latest beta with minimal effort anyway.

The thread about the updater is available here; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98609

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Hi all,

I have a question for Sickboy. ;)

If I start ACE2 DEMO 1 I find in the crate a lot of stuff ,that is great.

I thought that was the magicbox isnt?

But i miss 2 things and maybe more.

The DAGR and the MAP tools.

Where are they????

Mentioned items have class Armory { disabled = 1 }; defined.

The magic box filters these out.

I will disable this behaviour for the test mission.

Edited by Sickboy