Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Script version of TAB key - Target locking

Typically for Air units. Gunner or Pilot.

Looking for a command that will cycle through target locks.

i.e. instead of the TAB key cycle, which doesnt work any more, looking for a command for the gunner to aquire his next IR lockable target.

Worst case, how about a command that allows you to lock a target by passing a target into the command as a parameter?

Good luck with this, if I can come up with anything I'll let you know. I actually don't fly as much lately without being able to cycle tab lock anymore.

I know they changed it for a reason, I'm OK with that... but I would like to be able to still do it considering I spend 90% of my time in the editor and don't have a human gunner handy. I don't really like using AI... for anything. :)

Good idea. Best to create a CIT ticket or a thread in the a2 suggestion forum.

PS: Only inf tab lock was fixed to no longer work. Enemy side vehicles with engine on

can still be tab locked just fine as always.

Good idea. Best to create a CIT ticket or a thread in the a2 suggestion forum.

PS: Only inf tab lock was fixed to no longer work. Enemy side vehicles with engine on

can still be tab locked just fine as always.

Ok thanks for that info... it's really been awhile since I tried anything with flying and targeting.

I'll mess around in the editor and try to come up with a good example and a descriptive CIT ticket. I didn't think of that as the change was intentional and not a bug.

Thanks.

OK, not a good sign ;)

Biggest problem is I have a 2 seater bomber and as gunner the ONLY time you can get a target lock is when the pilot is flying the plane STRAIGHT at the bloody target, in a shallow dive !

And the gunner has his own 360 degree optic for selecting targets etc too ... but thats no help :(

Sucks

PvPscene,

are you sure? Doesn't seem to work for BIS vehicles or mine.

Gnat;1841474']PvPscene' date='

are you sure? Doesn't seem to work for BIS vehicles or mine.[/quote']

Last I checked, it didn't work for me either... other than nose diving pretty much like you said Gnat. But I am not at my gaming computer at the moment to try it right now.

I have been searching for days on why I am unable to lock targets as I pilot the apache. So my AI gunner can never lock targets for me to give the order to launch missiles. I was thinking there was a problem with my mapping since I am running the game on a win 7 64bit partition on my macbook pro. However reading this has me believing this is actually put into the game? If so could somebody point me where I can find out that info and why exactly because I can't fly an apache and lock anything because of this now.

I just tested this with an Apache, I was pilot with AI gunner. I was able to target 3 different T-90's (sequentially of course) using tab-lock with AGM-114's and the AI took them out for me. I am running the latest beta.

I think this is;

Plane does not = Helicopter

The gunner in a chopper can point his aim-point at a target, then you can Lock

The gunner in a plane can NOT point his aimpoint at a target, so no one can lock.

Gnat;1844294']I think this is;

Plane does not = Helicopter

The gunner in a chopper can point his aim-point at a target' date=' then you can Lock

The gunner in a plane can NOT point his aimpoint at a target, so no one can lock.[/quote']With aimpoint, do you mean the gun-turret?

Because for example the longbow missiles are lockable with the pilot's center-head movement, perhaps that's also possible for planes.

Sorry i can't still follow you. The same mission works fine as Su34 pilot with manual as well

as the gunner - no problem to use tab to lock hostile vehicles.

I thought they took this away to discourage players from taking out an Apache or Cobra by themselves.

You know, encourage teamwork.

If they did do this, it could have just been "taken away" by the server admin in the regular difficulty settings.