Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Bell 206B (Civilian Helicopter)

Aside from the Posted bugs the Scale seems to be off. My guy seems to be dwarfed by the helicopter and if you compare the soldier to the seat it is probably 10% larger than it should be.

And make sure you remove the driver/cargo proxy's from the Shadow Lod :)

On a positive note it is an Excellent Helicopter, and a Great Addon.

This looks very well done. I had begun working on a Bell 407 for ArmA and now I might not need to.

It's kind of funny, but I have the same issue with my character sitting really low (in the floorboard) in this helo as I do in the MFP/Raiders cars.

Looks kind of funny and hard to fly in 1st person point-of-view. I'll check for the next release to see if it's fixed.

^_^,v,,

Do you have oac_core in your loaded addons by chance? That made me sit funny in those cars also...

As far as the copter, dl now and look forward to trying. Thanks! :)

Great addon, though I found a few issues:

• It feels like it's too long/ tall and I feel like a four year old sitting in the pilot's seat.
  • Damage doesn't register on the HUD and doesn't seem to do anything beyond making the helicopter smoke and blow up.
  • The tail goes through the ground, and when it finally registers it makes the heli jump.
  • The Artificial horizon shows roll, but currently doesn't show pitch. (Makes auto-rotating next to freakishly hard.)
  • The IAS indicator is a bit fast. 70 knots should be about 130 km/h, but in actuality I'm only going ~105.
  • The fuel gauge reads empty.
  • The rotor/ engine RPM gauge looks out of place when it's static pointing up. Perhaps making it read the ideal rpm when the rotors get fully up to speed? Maybe even making it read the real RPM for auto-rotation? :p

Great addon, looks amazing and flies the same. Ideally some of these issues will get fixed, namely the scale and damage ones; and hopefully the little details will get tweaked in the future. Thanks.

You don't need an artificial horizon to autorotate, a lot of helicopters don't even have them installed because they are pointless unless you are doing IFR stuff. If you had your eyes on the artificial horizon in a real auto you would be way behind the aircraft. Helicopter flying is all about having your eyes outside, unless of course you are in IMC.

In ArmA if you go beyond 15 degrees nose down your sink-rate will quickly get uncontrollable. I glance at it to make sure I'm at the ideal 5-10 degrees. In the 206 it's really hard, at least for me, to guess where the sweet spot is.

I like using my instruments. So sue me. :p

Really nice addon..... But I find this incredibly twichy..... I would have expected handling more like the RKSL Lynx.... Really nice?

Does anyone else feel its too twichy or is it just me?

Really nice piece of work here Rocket. Few little things here and there as mentioned but pretty stellar none the less. Many thanks. :D

You don't need an artificial horizon to autorotate, a lot of helicopters don't even have them installed because they are pointless unless you are doing IFR stuff. If you had your eyes on the artificial horizon in a real auto you would be way behind the aircraft. Helicopter flying is all about having your eyes outside, unless of course you are in IMC.

IRL the bell has all of the instruments for IFR. And gyroscopes don't lag.

IRL the bell has all of the instruments for IFR. And gyroscopes don't lag.

I wasn't implying any kind of lag in the gyroscope. I am talking about if you take your eyes off the tip path plane in a real autorotation to stare at your airspeed you will get behind the aircraft mentally and botch the auto. I've had tons of student pilots consistently make this mistake and the worse ones are the flight simmers that are too stubborn to listen because staring at the gauges worked for them in MSFS.

The only thing I look for inside the cockpit in an auto is that the needles split if it's simulated, or that the engine actually failed if it's real, which thankfully I haven't had to see the later one. I MIGHT glance very quickly at the RRPM in a turn if it doesn't sound right. You have to be able to auto by the seat of your pants and control RRPM with your ears so you can focus your attention on your landing spot.

Getting a bit off-topic, so I apologize, but...

I wasn't implying any kind of lag in the gyroscope. I am talking about if you take your eyes off the tip path plane in a real autorotation to stare at your airspeed you will get behind the aircraft mentally and botch the auto. I've had tons of student pilots consistently make this mistake and the worse ones are the flight simmers that are too stubborn to listen because staring at the gauges worked for them in MSFS.

The only thing I look for inside the cockpit in an auto is that the needles split if it's simulated, or that the engine actually failed if it's real, which thankfully I haven't had to see the later one. I MIGHT glance very quickly at the RRPM in a turn if it doesn't sound right. You have to be able to auto by the seat of your pants and control RRPM with your ears so you can focus your attention on your landing spot.

There are those of us who (IRL) fly in regimes where we have to know how to auto in a full IMC environment all the way to the deck. It sucks, and the only way to practice it is in a sim, but it's actually a common thing to know how to do and doesn't allow you to be outside the cockpit looking at your tip-path-plane.

All that said, a good helo for Arma2 is always welcome. I'll have to look at this one.

Very nice.

Rocket,

Think you said you had little or no editing ability where you were at the moment. If you need somebody to tweak the addon and give it back, willing to help.

Would be nice if Rocket or someone will help him to fix the seating and adjust the proportions,this is way to good to let it in this state.

I think I read in another thread that Rocket enlisted and is currently deployed for 8 months at least. So I don't think he'll be able to do any updates for a while.

Great helo!

Dear Rocket,

My name is Asier and I am part of the Project CDF developer team. Project CDF is a mod created by GossamerSolid with the focus on expanding the Chernarus Defence Forces and the overall Green Sea Region.

We have worked on a retexture of your civilian Bell206 helicopter for the Chernarussian Police:

CNP_chopper.jpg

We kindly ask for your permission to include this retexture on the next version of Project CDF as an standalone vehicle.

Of course due credits and gratitude to the original authors would be included on the readme file and PCDF forum thread.

If you agreed we would appreciate if you sent us the MLOD file of the Bell206.

Best regards,

Asier

Looks good. Hopefully you have more luck with obtaining the MLOD than we had. :)

I know this is an old thread now.

Anyone got any ideas how i can add somesort of damage system to this and maybe hitpoints.

At the moment it's taking no damage unless crashed of course, lol.

Cheers..

Sorry for bump of this thread but it's really the right one to my discussion/question.