- Bell 206B (4 colour scheme variants):

• United States Coast Guard
  • White (Default)
  • White/Grey
  • Dragonfly

Credits:

- Jen Galbraith for base of the USCG repaint

- Patrick Machabert for the base of the Dragonfly repaint

- The many, many people who have helped with testing, screenshoting from MSFS, and much else. Thank you all.

- Soul_Assassin for his tireless work with 3ds Max tools!

Where to download:

Advise mirror locations below (any welcome) and I will update above.

Server Key:

- Included

-------

If you like the download: please consider making a donation to a local charity. Of particular note, donating to ArmA community websites is also extremely important. Bandwidth is not cheap and we are blessed to have such an excellent network of community sites, in many languages. This will only continue if you support them not just by visiting, but also by donating.

Downloading now...

this looks quite promising based on your Maule M7 :D

Edit: This helicopter is PHENOMENAL. The detail of the 3D instruments beats that of a certain 3rd-party-made FSX Bell 206 that costs over $60.

However, there's some errors I noticed.

First, there's some strange polygonal shadows visible when the heli's on the ground, seen here beneath the skids:

b206_5.jpg

Next, the position of the pilot and passengers from first-person view is all wrong:

b206_4.jpg

b206_1.jpg

b206_2.jpg

I've tried to make this criticism as constructive as possible; despite these rather small cosmetic errors this is still one of the highest-qualty addons I've seen for Arma2. Thank you so much for all the effort you've put in.

Edited by BigMorgan
spotted bugs

looks killer let me know if you need help fixing them errors happy to help

pm me asap! Rocket

YAY Jet Ranger - thx !

btw Rocket you should keep those rotor detail visible while blur ;)

btw2 and why the blur rotor texture got 4 blades instead of 2?

Edited by RobertHammer

Now thats an addon I find damn useful! Thanks Rocket, amazing job! It seems you fix couple of proxies and you have a winner here ;)

It looks awesome. The cockpit is simply stunning. But I've noticed that the barometric altimeter is not working and the artificial horizon has no indicator, is that on purpose? :)

For a second I was suspicious since I'd remembered this from somewhere, found the FSX skin it was based off and thought I'd gotten on to something

Then read your credits and the guy was involved from the start :rolleyes:

Very nice work mate, just gotta get the proxies sorted and it's ready to rock

Nice work on the jet rangers they look great, it seems a bit jumpy almost like lag when there on the map.

I'll try to keep it constructive here (note that i am very familiar with the bell 206 range and the oh58):

the overall mesh is very clean and tidy, props for that. Same goes for the interior.

Unfortunately, i feel that the size is not 100% right:

* it feels longer than it should be (could easily check proportions)

* it feels smaller than it should be (could easily check the size)

Other than that, it is a lovely addon, and has a lot of potential! Great work

Edited by PuFu

the addons is awesome just like the ch53 any thing from u guys r just top notch

though i wonder if u guys ment to leave some bug on purpose???

this bell206 is like the ch53. wreck model sunk under ground. did u guys do that by design?

either way this is a great mod like the ch53 or the maule. top notch, pro job, perfection, barvo and awesome mmmm what else is there to describe........ just beautiful

ty alot for your time, effort and every thing you USEC guys hav sacrifice inorder to achive such realistic model. bell206, ch53 and the maule

Great to have you back in the Forums Rocket and great to see New Addons Released. ;)

Very nice addon. Absolutely beautiful piece of work. I did have an issue with the seating though…my butt kept falling into the cushion. Other than that and some gauges not working, it was top notch.

^_^,v,,

Keep up the good work.

I love this little chopper! I can agree that's very quality addon for ArmA2/OA, but it needs some little fixes, like the setting landcontact points a little lower because the skids are sinking into the floor and the positions of the pilot and passengers from first-person view are way too low - they're also sinked in their seats. You should remove 2 blades from main rotor spinning animation, too.

And I have one little personal request: Can you make a version without doors? For a PMC operations or chase-on-one-man missions or something alike. Because the Jet Ranger without doors looks simply awesome.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/7/3/8/1419837.jpg

Now say that isn't true. :D

wow, this addon looks great. I've been hoping for someone to put a Bell in for ages, will be extremely useful for some mods that involve civilians.

This is soo cool for '80s tv show missions :) and good to have something more smaller and more modern than the mi8 and uh1 for the civvies.

Good addon!

Nice work on the jet rangers they look great, it seems a bit jumpy almost like lag when there on the map.

No wonder, .rpt file is filling up with errors of numerous missing "Hit" sounds. Its also possible that there's not to many LODs (not sure). It seems wrecked chopper dissapears to the ground or gets deleted?

It's kind of funny, but I have the same issue with my character sitting really low (in the floorboard) in this helo as I do in the MFP/Raiders cars.

Looks kind of funny and hard to fly in 1st person point-of-view. I'll check for the next release to see if it's fixed.

^_^,v,,

This is AWESOME. Great quality, I'm sure with a small patch you could fix those errors. Downloading now. I'm also really glad you made a USCG paintjob :)

BTW: Since you're into FSX porting now, any chance you could make the C172?? :D

Edited by ryguy

I have to say I am surprised it took so long to see this helicopter ingame since its one of the most used and fit with anyone..

We will of course not release anything without your premission but I couldn't resist trying some new skins :)

http://sfp.granq.se/images/tmp/eftersok.jpg