Sign in to follow this  
Logan9773

Player moves like a drunken sailor.

Is there any mod that gives you crysis / unreal tournament / quake / doom like movement? Player moves around like a cross between a retarded robot and a drunken sailor on shore leave. I don't want ice skating, but movement in this game is ridiculous / unplayable. I think the Infiltration mod of Unreal Tournament had it perfect. In Arma 2, it feels bad enough in the open, and in CQB, its unplayable.

Crysis's movement makes it unplayable for me as it is no where near realistic.

Tweak the headbobbing option in the game if you want to make it better.

Yeah, just get rid of the headbob.

If you want your gun glued to your face like some sort of bullet-firing night vision goggles, you've got classic FPS.

No, there is no such mod.

Though nowhere near perfect, I still prefer Arma 2's animation system over games that try to use the traditional FPS movement in more realistic situations.

It feels like the player has momentum -while not perfect, it's better than a floating camera

And crysis / unreal tournament / quake / doom moves like.....

... if you were floating in the air at the speed of a little mouse with a 600v battery in the ass, jumping like 10fts

You guys can say whatever you want, but the horrible movement is the most hated part of your game. It makes CQB impossible. I've spent 3 years in ROTC, have practiced with multiple real weapons in wargames, and I don't move anywhere near like the player does in game. Its total crap. Your movement is somewhat realistic, except that you went way too far, and now even stepping forward feels like Frankenstein's monster. The worst part though is when you try to stop, or turn. This guy must be made of steel, because the inertia he exhibits is insane. And this what really destroys CQB, and causes him to lurch around like a drunken sailor.

If its a choice between Crysis movement and Frankenstein' monster, I'll take the Crysis like movement. If you want to see a game that got it pretty near realistic movement, check out Unreal Tournament's mod - Infiltration. I take it this "movement" is hardcoded into the engine, and can't be modded out, or someone would have done it by now. Would you guys at BIS please give us an option for less clunky, Crysis like movement, and also an option to turn off the "man of steel" like inertia exhibited when trying to stop and turn in game.

I don't understand what this guy is on about? My movements are slow and precise in CQB, I never noticed any inertia and I play AA2 since its release date and through all betas.

Seriously dude if you want to play Crysis or Doom this is a wrong game. And no you can't magically do 180 degree turns IRL with 30 KGs on your back like you do in Crysis.

I think this bloke is trying to compare Arma to COD or MOH or Crysis or something of that ilk.

Maybe he doesnt understand the realism part of this game and what it actually is. People do learn so there is hope yet! :rolleyes:

Actually, I had to turn down the default horrible movement, because it did just that. Spin me 180 degree with just a slight movement of the mouse.

I know some of you fanboys are going to come on just be jackasses with no real point, so try to refrain from doing it, please.

The horrible movement in this game has been discussed over numerous forums spanning the internet, and is well known as a reason not to buy this sim. So, after not being able to stand it any longer, I ask that we finally be given a way to change it.

@Dale - and don't give me that "realism" crap. I know realism. I've trained in the real world. This is not realistic movement. In reality you don't go hurtling sideways as you turn slightly to run up some stairs. In reality, your weapon doesn't keep moving sideways when you want it to stop. Not even my AKM with a 30 round mag and wooden stock does that IRL. When I want it to stop moving, its stops just where I want it to point.

Edited by Logan9773

I hope that will never happen. Go play COD.

ArmA2 is on the other hand a simulation. IRL you don't float in the air with your gun stuck pointing at the dead center of the screen. And yes when you run around your body tends to shake - I know this is a real surprise.

Edited by metalcraze

If you dont like the game and all you can do is pick (from your perspective) problems with it then maybe you shouldnt actually play the game.

Thanks, Sif. I have the collision mod ( which was another broken part of this sim ), but haven't tried the evasive one yet. I'll try it, but from what I've been reading all over the internet, it doesn't look like BIS so far has any interest in fixing this themselves. If this doesn't do anything, I'll probably just dump Arma 2, and wait for CE3 to come out with one of the sims its making for the military. Unfortunately, unless the movement is fixed, its just really unplayable.

Hey, Metal, you and dale can suck my balls. You wouldn't know real combat if it hit you in the face. Your both probably what? 13? Maybe?

Edited by Logan9773

Yes until you came we never thought that real combat is what's shown in Call of Duty, Crysis, Medal of Honor and Unreal Tournament where you float in the air with your weapon magically passing through walls - you seem to be a very bright dude, care to tell us more?

You trying to get yourself banned Logan? Just reported your post about you wanting me to .... balls! urgh!

I think the Infiltration mod of Unreal Tournament had it perfect.

Yes, Infiltration was the best infantry simulation in aspect of movement and weapon handling.

random movie link:

But, in my opinion Arma will never to be capable too handle this accurate player control. The strength of Arma is to combine the whole aspect of warfare in a simplify simulation, which is focusing in infantry combat.

Yes, Infiltration was the best infantry simulation in aspect of movement and weapon handling.

random movie link:

I can see next to no difference between this and what we have in ArmA2 (except in Infiltration it still looks like the gun barrel keeps being stuck while you tremble around it)

Edited by metalcraze

Yeah, its shame about Arma. I guess we'll have to wait for this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65705

Yeah. For years before it will even reach a level of 10 years old OFP.

@Metal - The difference is there is no clunky movement. It just feels right.

It still plays like an arcade shooter with lightningly fast turns and a weapon being static. It's "right" for arcade shooters yes.

Lol, play it, and you will understand the difference. If anyone is interested, its at infiltration.sentrystudios.net . Unlike Arma, it doesn't feel like your wearing gravity boots and walking on the hull of a spacecraft. As for the CE3 videos, thats what CE3 can do, and will be released in less 3 months. The modders at CryMod are just waiting to get their hands on it.

Lol, play it, and you will understand the difference. If anyone is interested, its at infiltration.sentrystudios.net . Unlike Arma, it doesn't feel like your wearing gravity boots and walking on the hull of a spacecraft.

You don't bunnyhop IRL either. Care to tell me this very important difference between ArmA movement and Infiltration movement, because I kinda don't want to look for and install something I won't play.

As for the CE3 videos, thats what CE3 can do, and will be released in less 3 months. The modders at CryMod are just waiting to get their hands on it.

Is that all CE3 can do? It doesn't even have ballistics. Looks like good old OFP will still have no opposition, let alone ArmA.

In Arma 2, it feels bad enough in the open, and in CQB, its unplayable.

What the hell are you talking about, Logan?

_ffkxA1MOCM

XM6O-MS3j-w

And crysis / unreal tournament / quake / doom moves like.....

... if you were floating in the air at the speed of a little mouse with a 600v battery in the ass, jumping like 10fts

what an awful comparison, especially with crysis. You're a supersoldier in a nanosuit, not some modern day soldier loaded down with gear.

as for quake/ut/doom.. you gotta be kidding me. They are supposed to be fast paced an 'unrealistic' for their own reasons.

That aside, he's not asking for any of those things, he's asking for the camera aspect. You're in the wrong thread.