Sign in to follow this  
firewill

[WIP]WW2 Battleship Mod

Hello,

so now I need help in config & script.

The ship is defined as such !

I have a finished surface to be defined as a roadway.

It is a limited area accessible and fall at some point in the water :mad:

this area will now be divided into four individual parts for example (deck1.p3d, deck2.p3d ....)

these items are to be activated in the script as a roadway. I hope I've described to some extent understandable.

Sorry for my bad english :butbut:

I need an entry in the config and a script.

It would be very nice to walk around the entire deck to run from one to another Maingun

regards

stiefel :bounce3:

It would be very nice to walk around the entire deck to run from one to another Maingun

Oh course it would but the ArmA engine won't do it properly without a LOT of extra p3d models and scripts.

I highly suggest you try decks LAST, after you get everything else about your ships working.

I personally gave up on proper walk decks years ago with this game.

Nice work on those models !

hello gnat, thank you that is not good :(

It is not so long ago........

I've been playing around with something landcantact found that I was able to run across the deck. Without a script and without house definition. It was defined as a ship.

I had a

# Roadway entire area on the ship

# Geometry

# Landcantact

# Memory

# and 0.0000

the stupid thing was that the ship was too deep or too heavy. I did not believe but it was so. I thought holy shit :yay:

When I had the ship where it was positioned correctly, I fell again by ship's deck.

Is this a possibility? So a balance between Landcontact, Geometry and Roadway?

stiefel

Is this a possibility? So a balance between Landcontact, Geometry and Roadway?

No, I have never seen any sort of a balance change the result.

No doubt theres small things that can be done to each LOD to help, but NEVER have I completely avoided the typical problems of large models.

What DOES change the result a little is exactly where you place the unit on a terrain (sea), in the editor.

There seems to be an invisible grid to normal ArmA terrain, and large models placed a slight different positions within that grid get differing results on things like Resolution LOD clipping, Geometry LOD collision "holes" and of course Roadway deck "holes".

Just a small suggestion, but I'm not an oxygen modeller so don't take my word for it, with the landing craft if I44 although you can walk on the "deck" area, in water, ArmA2 really doesn't handle it too well (I guess because the boat move in relation to the water). What you may want to consider is two versions of ships so a vehicle version which can move and has the gunner positions etc, then a static model version like the Khe-Sahn (spelling?) carrier ship for walking around on. As Gnat said though, probably worth leaving this till last and focusing on the models as vehicles first. Good luck and great work!

Yes, good idea PacUK ;)

It is possible that the accessible surface of the LHD matched my ship ?

and then with the command "AttachTo ..."

stiefel

Edited by stiefel1976

finally someone is making warships! keep up the good work! (hope this doesnt die)

hello,

first: I solved the problem completely walkable deck!

.......... I'll will report later........:yay:

Continue with the rear gun Caesar :confused:

When I enter as a gunner in the turret Caesar, I can cover the rear of the ship. When I get out, then it turns into the position of the two front turrets. See the picture.... but it must be a 180 degree difference from the forward guns.

Question now to the forum

Hello monkey.....I will continue...

firewill, where are you ;)

stiefel

67084452.jpg

Hi,

can someone create a script, so that the described situation can be resolved?

It must be possible right?

Here is an excerpt of the third config.cpp gun "Caesar "

All guns are described in a config script that is not activated with AttachTo

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/1355

If it is not possible, then please tell me, then I do not need further drill .......

Thanks to the FORUM

regards stiefel

ships looking good dude, dont give up arma 2 needs more ships/ship battles, i created a video a long time ago, Gnat is the man to talk to when it comes to war ships see my vid.

IwR-RAVyGQg

Hey guys, very wonderful models!! Are you going to get it to work with the artillery module system? would be cool!

Edited by Babylonjoke

No digging up old threads!

lol just kidding. I really want to know too.

when will be ready the Iowa class?

Hey, posting in old threads just to ask for updates is not recommended. As an alternative, send the thread author a private message.

Words cannot express how I feel seeing this come up, thinking it was alive once more, and finding out it was just you, a new member without any brains whatsoever, who has never seen a calendar or a list of rules before in your life. The only words that come close to expressing it are also against the rules. So, these three will have to do.

you-big-dummy.jpg