Rig

Ati 6870

E8500 core 2 3.00

4 gig ram

gigabye mobo

Win7 64

60gig ssd F60

Pc power cooling 750sli

Fresh install from amazon- stuttering video every 1-3 sec then frames go up to 50s, up and down in menu , in game everywhere. When startup movie is at around 10fps fraps.

I have been searching for the past 3 hours. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Patch or before patch.

Newest ati vid drivers today.

Also turned off vsync.

Their has to be an know fix for this seems tons of people have this issue. All other games play run fine. BFBC2 ect.

Again , I have looked at a ton of pages and did the searches for freezing. I have not seen a real solution. Any help would be awesome.

My buddy has almost same rig his runs fine.

My buddy has almost same rig his runs fine.

Oh, then did you try to defrag ? What are your ingame settings ?

1. Is ArmA2 installed on ssd?

2. Do you use onboard soundcrap or a real soundcard? If so, try other slot on MB to avoid IRQ sharing with gfx card.

3. Use '-world=empty' in the start link for ArmA2 to get rid of menu stuttering.

It passes all test.

Its a ssd, no need to defrag.

I have left in game settings to what they are default. If I lower or raise them makes no differnce.

I have tried both on ssd and installing on secondary non ssd hard drive.

I use Plantronics wireless head set. So no sound card needed.

How does your string look after you add -world=empty\ to it? I know Im opening my shortcut link, but when I paste in it seems not to like where its being placed.

Thanks for any and all help again.

"C:\arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=test;x\test;c:\arma2\test2

More infos here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Game_Loading_Speedup

I use Plantronics wireless head set. So no sound card needed.

A good soundcard is the backbone of any highperformance gaming pc mate. In theory your CPU is under less stress when sound is processed via a soundcard, so that leaves more CPU resources for games.

Edited by ])rStrangelove

I know this isn't very helpful but perhaps you need a Core i7 CPU? The game works very well with my CPU and I'm sure one big reason for that is the CPU.

If I lower or raise them makes no differnce.

Well, that's really not true, or you've some serious troubles :confused: Changing ingame settings changes a lot my performance, even if it's hard to gain performance, it's easy to kill it.

Edited by ProfTournesol

)rStrangelove;1838512']A good soundcard is the backbone of any highperformance gaming pc mate. In theory your CPU is under less stress when sound is processed via a soundcard' date=' so that leaves more CPU resources for games.[/quote']

Sadly not in this game, while this is probably on of the few games where it would be an advantage.

And the winner is FLatterman, and me for finding that before just reading the post.

Heres what happened, I was running overclocked a 4.00ghz and noticed one day it had went back to 3.00ghz, defaults , must of had a crash ect. So I loaded a bois save which I had for the overclocking settings, which in turn disabled my AHCI, becasuse when I changed that setting I never re saved in bois as an option to load.

How I also notice somthing was wrong was the intel rapid storage tech , had a yellow check and was not running.

I went into bios and set back to ahci and all good. Oddly enough Battlefield Bad company 2 game did not care, it still worked good. Not arma2/

Thanks for all suggestions.