Sign in to follow this  
Sintacks

Do I still drop my equipment into the water?

I agree 100%. I was trying to lose my gear in the water as a machine gunner loaded up to the teeth with ammo boxes. I don't remember how long I swam for. I just remember instantly losing gear as soon as the water got chest deep. I'll try it again with a full load and for longer.

I remember a clip from Saving Private Ryan where Ben Affleck jumps into the water when the boat reaches a point where they gotta bail out. He jumps overboard and struggles to remove his BAR. Once removed, he swims to shore and was asked where his BAR was. He said ".... the bitch tried to drown me". I don't think it's a good move to hang onto a heavy MG in water. Good luck trying to stay afloat with the gun and all the ammo on ya.

Actually it's Edward Burns, not Ben Affleck. And they never show him actually dropping it; but they show other soldiers getting pulled under by their gear and struggling to get it off, and some drowning because of it.

Personally I could care less...I don't ever go in the water because it's extremely slow and boring to swim in this game (that's why they have BOATS :butbut: ). Also, military personnel are taught to swim for SURVIVAL; not because the mission requires them to (unless of course their special forces or something similar).

Actually it's Edward Burns, not Ben Affleck. QUOTE]

Damn I'm an idiot.. you're right.. Edward Burns is who it was. Why did I think it was Ben lol. :confused:

I thought the whole thing was randomised anyway, or is that some addon I'm thinking about?