Sign in to follow this  
slade1988

RWS - Real Warfare Soundmod

This is what i tried to say ^^ yeah but thats the way. thanks isola.

Slade

ERROR: "Addon 'RWS_HK416' requires addon 'acex_main'" What's that about?

Alright cool. I need to put this mod higher in the list right?

So all I need is the one .rar on the front page right? I don't need some sort of patch or other file not listed? Seems a lot of modders are doing that now. They release their mods at three locations and only update one location, then get mad when you have an issue with an older version.

Oh I heard in the Youtube video an A10/GAU8 that sounded really good. Is that in the mod as well?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

everyone runing this mod without ace will get this error message. ignore it ;)

and no, u need only the rar on the frontpage, extract into arma2 folder and launch it :)

the gau8 changed, only 1 sample for ech burstmode for the moment.

The gau8 changed, only 1 sample for ech burstmode for the moment.

Each burst mode? The GAU8 is a fully automatic weapon. :p

GUYS DONT SAY BETTER THEN OTHERS ETC. DIFFERENT TASTES !!!

2nd mod is modular same as JSRS and keep in mind its beta.

Oh, awesome sounds.

Found a bug:

I used the M107 to test the sound - after this i took the M14 and some others and they sounded like the M107, too; very funny to use MP5SD with a M107-sound. :P When I switched the other weapons to Full Auto they got their sounds, but in Semi they sounded like the M107.

Hope you can understand my problem. My English is not the best. ;)

I dont really like the sound of the M107... In my opinion it could be a bit more... stronger.

The other sounds are very fine, i really liked them. :)

I´m looking forward for when this SM is done.

I haven't really tested it much yet but I am digging around in the .pbos at the moment and I see there are a lot of sounds not listed by you in here: Abrams, Bradley, FFAR, M9, and FN FAL just to name a few. You've done all these sounds too or are they just placeholders?

theres a funny engine bug: if the sound of the fired weapon is still playing while switch and fire another weapon, the switched weapon will continue with the last played sound. but ill release a fix soon.

what do u mean with "not listed"? these sounds arent placeholders.

Slade

Nice work guys, sounds ausome, really enjoying it!

question for you guys, on Armaholic where it says:

Future plans:

Next step were working on: OPFOR Weapons, Impact Sounds, Sonic Cracks, Explosions and Environment Sounds.

Are you doing infantry weapons alone or you planning also to do like vehicles, armored, and planes?

Explosions would include the bombs from fighter planes too correct?

Keep up the great work!

we want to change all sounds. but step by step. i want to change the vehicles and tracked sounds. dont know about the planes yet. theres coming another mod for planes or especially a10. pls ask me in 2 or 3 month again :D and ya bomb explosions incl. ;)

Cool. Testing out some of the weapons, i noticed that the m24 has the same sound as a 50 cal,

wouldn't a the m24 have a smaller sound then a larger caliber weapon, dont seem right.

Also noticed the mk 48 mod dont have a reload sound, no sound at all for reload.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

we want to change all sounds. but step by step. i want to change the vehicles and tracked sounds. dont know about the planes yet. theres coming another mod for planes or especially a10. pls ask me in 2 or 3 month again :D and ya bomb explosions incl. ;)

What mod is especially for planes and A10?

Trying out the new patch now. You should really add a date with the changelog though.

Could you please release an A10 soundpack in your mod? Even if it is just a placeholder. I could ask the maker of HiFi if you could use that one just for temporary.

I noticed the FFAR sounds for the AH64 sound great but the UH1Y sound awful like the script is broken? same with the FFARs on the A10.

BTW Loving this soundmod and looking forward to using it when it has more weapons covered, Great work.

I like the M16 noise, but it needs to be a bit louder, and the ejecting shell sound that you hear after every shot is kind of annoying. Definitely the most realistic M4/M16 sounds. I dig the M24 as well, most soud mods don't give it the respect it deserves.

Hey Guys

Question: Why should i do a A10 mod while theres another mod for it? also theres another soundmod wip for the a10. my sm is compatible to these soundmods so why dont use them together? ;)

the m24 and 50cal have different sounds ;) but indeed, missing reloadsound for the mk48, noticed. also tested the ffar. ive found no errors or problems.a10, uh1, uh1 or av8...working fine for me :confused:

ill add date and changelog no problem.

Slade

I like the M16 noise, but it needs to be a bit louder, and the ejecting shell sound that you hear after every shot is kind of annoying. Definitely the most realistic M4/M16 sounds. I dig the M24 as well, most soud mods don't give it the respect it deserves.

I agree, all shell sounds should be hard to hear since in RL you wouldn't notice them too (shocked ears etc etc).

Ok first of all, what I like about your mod, is that it’s the first one that has got this sort of echo in the first person sound files, which is a big step to realism, and was missing in other ones.

After testing your first WIP release, I’ve got to say that the Hydras are just perfect!

and the M252 are very good as well ( I especially like this “swinging†barrel sound- with a little bit more punch and “thunder†just like in reality and the reload sounds are also a nice little feature. Maybe some “Allah u akbar†on OPFOR/Taliban side? ;))

The MK19 has to be mentioned as well! Good work!

Keep it up !

But even though I know it’s an early WIP release I’ve got some recommendations to you to make it even better:

- Maybe your Soundmod could be the first one, which has got some good HUMVEE sounds. Because this is a vehicle you use pretty often in the game and would really enhance the gameplay experience.

- The thing with the shells: I also think they should be a bit quieter, it’s especially weird if you shoot a silenced MK17 CCO and the sound of the falling shell is louder than the actual shot.

A thing you could also improve, are the sounds itself. Right now they sound like the shells would fall on some kind of soft wood. Maybe you can make them sound like they would actually fall on sand, or concrete. (Maybe you even have the opportunity to re-enact and record it in reality)

A point, where you have a lot of potential, concerning the “shell†topic is the HUMVEE mounted M2. There you can really work with those kinds of sounds to create an intense atmosphere. The loud sound of heavy shells falling on raw metal-Just like in reality!

- Opposite Thing goes for the A-10 (first of all, thanks for this gimmick! The GAU-8A is already pretty good ;)

Since it’s Turbofan-engines are rather quiet, and the cockpit is designed to absorb the sound of them, you hear almost nothing as pilot. Your sound- concept is very good, but just too loud of the pilot’s view. Make it muffled and you’re good to go!

- MK16 reload sound quality gets lower at the end (is it true that there is some recorded wind in it? Guess it was converted by a video )

- Missing BLUFOR sounds (just to check it):

- M27 MLRS

- AA FM-192 Stinger

- Javelin

- M9 SD

- MAAWS

- can’t read my own note there…. ;)

ok just saw you have an update... have to check it out right now!

- A sort of “bug†the SOA Soundmod had as well, is that the M32 has got shell ejecting sounds like every other rifle. But I think it’s not too hard for you to fix it.

- Right now you have way too much bass for the S 7-58 CCO

- The M242 Engine sounds are already good, but the sounds, caused by the Tracks are almost missing.

- A very strange thing is that, since I installed your Real Warfare Soundmod, an M6 Linebacker placed in the editor turns into a M2A3 in the game.

- The TOW-Launcher should be heard for a longer distance

- The M134: Right now, your 3rd Person Perspective-sounds are sounding clearer and meaner than the fP. Which is kind of weird: You’re in a chopper and have this beast right in front of your head, and it sounds meaner when you’re playing at 3rd PP.

So in general, you can say that your soundmod is on the right way, to put the ArmaII: Operation Arrowhead audio-experience on a whole new level. And I also want to say thank you for releasing the AK-47U , really looking forward to hear some progress in your upcoming projects like OPFOR weapons, explosions, hits, sonic cracks ( its still a lot to do , isn’t it?) and a small note for the big explosions: maybe you can even let us hear some dirt falling on the ground… Those would be the details that separate your soundmod from other ones

So if you agree, or disagree me with certain points or you even want to add something, just let me know. I think I’m gonna update my points after some more hours of testing and careful listening.

And I really want to say thank you! To you,SladeUSSOCOM, and your team!

You all have got my full respect!

p.s. aren’t you German Konrad? If so, I can maybe send you an PM in german, to be able to say everything I want to say, in a proper way of expressing myself. But gonna keep it in English here ;) Stick to the forum rules!

Great soundmod, doing some testing and playing around with it in the editor,

i swear i seen something back a page or so for it but when i start CO vanilla with the sound mod, i get this message popping up:

Addon 'RWS_HK416' requires addon 'acex_main'

Is this a bug, or is it require Ace to run, I mean the SM works np ingame but this just comes up.

Also, the m240, m249saw, and mkmod dont ahve any reload sounds, no sounds at all for reload.

m110 has no sound for reload, and the m107 reload sound is good but the timing seems off on it, the reload animation would finish and the sound is still playing.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Addon 'RWS_HK416' requires addon 'acex_main'

Is this a bug, or is it require Ace to run, I mean the SM works np ingame but this just comes up.

just ignore this message, its an ACE problem...

Edited by PurePassion

My post is right above yours no need to quote my whole post, I might as well post what i said again.

but obviously it is an ace problem but Im not playing with ace, so its the SM problem not ace, so it seems the SM in someway has an ace dependancy.

Hello guys

First thing is, the message only says, ace isnt running. but the config of hk416 and 417 need ace. no ace, no config, no sounds to change and at leat no problem, press ok, thats it. but ive said it 2 or 3 times before ;) ill fix this in later updates. pls be patient. this isnt a "real" error. ignor it.

ive finished the 2nd update wich will include mlrs, bombs,sidewinders, maverick,hellfire,gau12,m197, the mg´s problems fixed, m16 reworked blablabla ^^

@PurePassion

first, thx for this detailed review. wow. and im german too ;)

i will update the missing weapons tomorrow, i think. m32 still missing -.-

( I especially like this “swinging†barrel sound- with a little bit more punch and “thunder†just like in reality and the reload sounds are also a nice little feature. Maybe some “Allah u akbar†on OPFOR/Taliban side? )

i will think about it good idea :D

the idea of shellcasing sound in humvees is realy good, the problem is there 1 sound for all m2 .50cal and i dont know how to realize this featue. ure right, ive to rework the mk17 sd. maybe ill do that today...also ill look over the mk16 try to understand what u mean^^ but the higher priority is to bring out the whole beta first. after that ill fix some of the sounds. i dint touched the cco 58 ? :confused:

ill try this m6 linebacker bug, dont know about it^:eek:

the problem with the m134 is, the "nice" new sound engine simulate a "intern" and "extern" sound i cant do anything about it. thats automaticially done by the soundengine. this is a very strange bug i know.

ill fix m110 reload sound. do u know, that the time for reloading while prone is longer than standing? maybe thats cause the problem but ill check it.

thx for report

Slade

My post is right above yours no need to quote my whole post, I might as well post what i said again.

but obviously it is an ace problem but Im not playing with ace, so its the SM problem not ace, so it seems the SM in someway has an ace dependancy.

They made an ACE 416 sound.