Sign in to follow this  
ron533

How to play OFP & Arma I campaigns in A2OA? (got CAA1+OAC)

Hi,

(Sorry if this has probably been discussed here many times, but I can't seem to find my hands and my legs here with so many posts and links that just got me more confused.... :j:)

I understand there is a way to play OFP and ArmA I campaigns in ArmA2 engine.

I couldn't figure it out. Is there a simple step by step guide with links on how to do this??

I have downloaded the CAA1 and OAC addons, read the wiki's and just got the island to show (ArmA1 islands). No campaigns.

Back in ArmA1 I did manage to play CWR rearmed with OFP campaign as well.

I do have the original titles if that is needed.

I would appreciate an informative answer :)

Sorry again if that subject has been grinded here already.

There have been many changes made between OFP, ArmA and Arma 2. Unfortunately, you can't simply place the OFP and ArmA campaigns in Arma 2's campaign folder and have them run perfectly fine. Instead, they need to be converted and changed to work in Arma 2. As far as I'm aware no one is doing this for ArmA's campaign (many believe it's not worth the effort), but Cold War Rearmed 2 is a mod designed to bring back OFP in Arma 2, and that includes the campaign. It's work-in-progress, though, so you'll just have to be patient. :p

There have been many changes made between OFP, ArmA and Arma 2. Unfortunately, you can't simply place the OFP and ArmA campaigns in Arma 2's campaign folder and have them run perfectly fine. Instead, they need to be converted and changed to work in Arma 2. As far as I'm aware no one is doing this for ArmA's campaign (many believe it's not worth the effort), but Cold War Rearmed 2 is a mod designed to bring back OFP in Arma 2, and that includes the campaign. It's work-in-progress, though, so you'll just have to be patient. :p

Thanks Zipper,

I was under the impression there is a working mod with the old campaigns, thought CAA1 and OAC are meant for it. :(

patience is the answer I see.

;)

The Armed Assault campaign was converted and can be found in the OAC Forum.

Link: http://dev-heaven.net/boards/26/topics/1751

I have tested the campaign myself and it is quite playable.

Sorry - didn't see your answer.

Will check it out.

If there is more info - I will appreciate posting it :)