Sign in to follow this  
psyclum

is real virtuality engine robust enough for MMORPG?

it seems strange to me that BIS hasn't licensed out the tech behind real virtuality to a MMORPG developer. personally, i'd love to see a sci-fi based MMORPG using the arma2 engine. maybe something like a anarchy online 2 type game but you can actually aim particular body parts when you kill things:D

RV x -(MMO) = -(Game)

See what I did there?

EDIT:

Let me show my math.

RV is a positive value

MMO is a negative value

We use simple math to multiply them together. We know that multiplying a positive and a negative will result in a negative.

Edited by GossamerS

Hmmm, ARMA MMOG. Reminds me of WWII Online - if anybody remembers that.

Hmmm, ARMA MMOG. Reminds me of WWII Online - if anybody remembers that.

Was there on release day, bugs and all, sitting for hours at night waiting for day break, walking miles to get anywhere, driving a truck for hours on end transporting people from point a to point b... and enjoyed it all, for a few months at least until I moved on to something else.

Was there on release day, bugs and all, sitting for hours at night waiting for day break, walking miles to get anywhere, driving a truck for hours on end transporting people from point a to point b... and enjoyed it all, for a few months at least until I moved on to something else.

Sounds like ArmA multiplayer to me....

*rimshot*

Sounds like ArmA multiplayer to me....

One of many reasons I have been and will be playing this for years... ;)

Is robust really the word we're looking for here? I was thinking maybe 'austere' would be better.

Unless RV's dedicated server software was re-written, it wouldn't handle the scale of a MMOG.

RV x -(MMO) = -(Game)

See what I did there?

EDIT:

Let me show my math.

RV is a positive value

MMO is a negative value

We use simple math to multiply them together. We know that multiplying a positive and a negative will result in a negative.

Why would you multiply? :p surely by that logic, two negative features would make a positive :D