Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah 1.1

so you meet these Requirements:

Arma 2 ver. 1.7 or later / Arma 2 Combined Operations 1.52 or later

and have both these files installed in the right place ?

fallujah1_0.pbo

fallujah_hou1_0.pbo

if so , then please provide furter information so we can see what the problem could be

Yeah I meet the requirements for Fallujah, funny thing is the map used to work for me.

It says this when I try to load the map:

Warning:preNLOD format in object ca\buildings2\a_statue\t34.p3d

Then subsequently crashes to desktop.

Hi shezan,

Is it possible to change the street system, so that this is not such a common thing in the next update?

these things are so minor i dont even know why you would point this out. just enjoy the other 99.9999% which is perfect.

these things are so minor i dont even know why you would point this out.

Why not? All flaws are flaws, right? If something can be improved it's our duty to point it out. It's up to the map-maker(s) if they want to implement it or not.

Agreed. No reason constructive criticism such as the above should not be made.

Yeah I meet the requirements for Fallujah, funny thing is the map used to work for me.

It says this when I try to load the map:

Warning:preNLOD format in object ca\buildings2\a_statue\t34.p3d

Then subsequently crashes to desktop.

it looks like more a problem in the ca\Buildings (original game file) then in the fallujah map so probably something has gotten overwritten (probably a addon who is changing the t34 statue or something)

it looks like more a problem in the ca\Buildings (original game file) then in the fallujah map so probably something has gotten overwritten (probably a addon who is changing the t34 statue or something)

Hum...... So the staue that is causing the problem is something that is included in the original game files? I can't see how it is possible that I could have overwritten any files in my main Bohemia folder, I use the addon folder method. I re-downloaded the entire map again and ran it with no addons, and hence same result as earlier. I hope this does not mean that I may have to install the game again:eek:

This is the only map I can't get to work out of the 30 I have and it"s my favorite:)___:butbut:

Thanks for the island Shezan i've had fun making maps with it and playing on it.

for what it's worth Shezan - i rate this in the top 3 custom maps alongside the likes of Lingor.

its what Zargalag should have been but no matter - you have done the job beautifully.

for what it's worth Shezan - i rate this in the top 3 custom maps alongside the likes of Lingor.

its what Zargalag should have been but no matter - you have done the job beautifully.

I don't know if you can say it's what Zargabad should have been. After all you can't really ignore the added value of having enterable OA buildings. But yeah, you can't have a terrible computer, run med-high settings, AND expect to get everything to run smoothly in a detailed environment.

you can't have a terrible computer, run med-high settings, AND expect to get everything to run smoothly in a detailed environment.

This message needs to be spread around a bit more. :p

Those OA urban buildings may be beautiful, but they're not something you can handle just by turning graphics settings down.

BIS' building models are just a little bit ridiculous. When they decided to make a future-proof game, they threw out any notion of being economical with polys.

I don't know if you can say it's what Zargabad should have been. After all you can't really ignore the added value of having enterable OA buildings. But yeah, you can't have a terrible computer, run med-high settings, AND expect to get everything to run smoothly in a detailed environment.

not a fair statement really even though pc power has an impact. the fact is, Zargabad with its small size compared to Fallujah is a resource hog and caused grief for a lot of machines and players to the point that most ppl never use the map.

Fallujah on the other hand is 4 times bigger I would say maybe more (feels like it anyway) provides beautiful urban warfare environment and runs as smooth as silk and has a fair share of enterable buildings. The city also seems to have more variation then Zargabad too plus a railway system and bridges - I cant fault this map.

when i play on fallujah with inst. viewdistance i put it down to 800-1000m max. cause i can't see much more while moving between houses..and yes performance is really good. so if anybody is interested, i ported another mission on that island. It includes ACRE and some other features and we need some more people to play with us.

The problem is (as usual) many ppl connect to the server, but they don't understand how to look for the missing pbo's.

So if you like to play give me your xfire or pm me. I did an xfire group for coop fun. So you can always type with somebody, who may wants to join you instantly.

yo shez, did you ever get civs working on fallujah? i mean takistani civs with alice2 ?? i really need that for riot in fallujah mission ..

cheers m8

Server and client addon folder name must be identical

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19063

Hey , i can only speak for our server:

We have one @maps folder, all the islands are in there, and me as client @fallujah1_1 i guess ...so there is no need to use the same @folder name. Or maybe i get you wrong..

I would suggest to:

Check both, client and server folder, cause i assume one side has the new fallujah_hou1_1.pbo and one side has the old fallujah_hou1_0.pbo ... its just a guess..i know that you're familiar with that addon stuff..but sometimes even skilled ppl mess it up..i uploaded a lot of addons on our ded server and sometimes you just screw it..just check that out ..

The point is, the name of the @folder doesn't matter, and never did , only if you synch stuff like ace, cba , acre from yoma addon synch or sick's updater..then the folder name matters..but on the server and client side....nah

cheers m8

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

It was reported by eggbeast too: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1901203&postcount=10.

Server and client version match, I know folder names are irrelevant but it was for testing purposes.

I get the message "removed content fallujah_hou" although I'm launching a mission that does not require Fallujah at all (not mentioned in any file).

I believe it may be an ArmA 2 server bug introduced with latest 1.59, I've heard the same thing happened to another server admin with Zeus AI.

Edited by Lonestar

It was reported by eggbeast too: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1901203&postcount=10.

Server and client version match, I know folder names are irrelevant but it was for testing purposes.

I get the message "removed content fallujah_hou" although I'm launching a mission that doesn't require Fallujah at all (not mentioned in any file).

I belive it may be an ArmA 2 server bug introduced with latest 1.59. I've heard the same thing happened to someone else with Zeus AI.

But i think i already played with 1.59 can you plz try to join thegamewardens server ? filter TGW and join server #2 , it has fallujah 1.1 ..see if you can join and let me know..thats pretty interesting

I can join and play any Fallujah mission on my own dedicated server.

There is only one mission that gives me that message and it doesn't use Fallujah.

On second thought the problem appears not to be Fallujah related.

I can join and play any Fallujah mission on my own dedicated server.

There is only one mission that gives me that message and it doesn't use Fallujah.

On second thought the problem appears not to be Fallujah related.

link to mission plz ?? :)

I remember there was a similar bug with Zeus AI in the past, where a similar message would appear in missions that did not require Zeus AI (after all, Zeus AI doesn't create dependencies in missions ever so no mission would ever require it), however it seems like the missions would still play just fine, so I'm really not sure what's the source of the error. However I'm pretty sure it was fixed in later versions of Zeus AI, so if you're lucky enough to get a hold of Protegimus he might have your answer...

I remember there was a similar bug with Zeus AI in the past, where a similar message would appear in missions that did not require Zeus AI (after all, Zeus AI doesn't create dependencies in missions ever so no mission would ever require it), however it seems like the missions would still play just fine, so I'm really not sure what's the source of the error. However I'm pretty sure it was fixed in later versions of Zeus AI, so if you're lucky enough to get a hold of Protegimus he might have your answer...

ah right..i remember that.. for me it was always Zeus_c_wep bla ..well thats pretty bad...

yo shez, did you ever get civs working on fallujah? i mean takistani civs with alice2 ?? i really need that for riot in fallujah mission ..

cheers m8

So I'm not the only one getting those errors! Phew! Hoping for a fix soon!