Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah 1.1

So I'm not the only one getting those errors! Phew! Hoping for a fix soon!

I used Wolffy's fixed civ-module and it works fine with traffic, animals and civs, but only cherna stuff, not takistani vehicles and civillians..

This is more of an issue with the entire modding community, since your mod follows the same format of being cryptic as possible in regards to requirements, but I need to ask:

"- ArmA2 ver. 1.7 or later / ArmA2 Combined Operations 1.52 or later"

Which is it?

And if just one or the other, do you have any insight on why I get an error saying: "Addon fallujah_v1_0 requires version 1.1 of application"?

Downloaded the mod via armaholic and using the latest patch for Arma2 only.

^^ / means OR in this case.

+1 :p

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

So I'm not the only one getting those errors! Phew! Hoping for a fix soon!

Civilian are a little bit shame. There is the possibility to update the fallujah_hou to set takistan civilians spawn points (and also plain A2 spawn points).

The main problem is related to the extremely high number of houses on the map. If 10% of those houses will be enabled to sprawl citizens there will be a potential problem with the extremely high number of peoples walking on the streets.

I'm watching for a solution for this issue, that could be creating a special kind of object able to be used as people spawn point, and place a "right" number of those objects.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Hi shezan,

Is it possible to change the street system, so that this is not such a common thing in the next update?

arma2oa%202011-03-29%2016-54-50-72.jpg

Sorry guys i was busy for work in the latest weeks :)

About the road issue this is a problem with models. There is not any way to make junctions between roads with angles different from 90°.

The only way to make those junctions is to place one road above the other one. The order of roads is unknown and likely random. Sometimes in bulldozer the roads looks fine (inserting road is below the straight main road) but the game result may differ. In some cases the appearance is perfect.

I'm really unable to determine how this works (i've had some results with 12,5 meters road pieces that seems to be placed below 25 meter road pieces, but this worked on bulldozer and not everywhere on the arma2 game itself).

I'm collecting bugfixes and i will release a new version when the amount of changes will worth the waste of download bandwidth for servers that kindly hosts my files for free for the whole community :) Sorry, it's my small contribution for their fair use ;)

The only way to make those junctions is to place one road above the other one. The order of roads is unknown and likely random. Sometimes in bulldozer the roads looks fine (inserting road is below the straight main road) but the game result may differ. In some cases the appearance is perfect.

I reckon in the case shown above you'd be better off having a small gap between the roads, if the AI can handle it, rather than one over the other.

This said, I've never attempted map making, so I may well be talking out of my arse.

Not to be rude, or rush you or anything. From what I've seen in screenshots, this map looks incredible. Just want to play it! :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19086

you true, my fault :)

i'll do latest things asap! (this week, i promise :) )

We'll all be looking forward to it. They said a giant city couldn't be done in ArmA II, that'll it'll melt even a CERN supercomputer. They were wrong. ;)

P.S. Not trying to sound nit-picky, but could you possible remove the version number from the island display name in the menus? Just want to keep the user interface less cluttered. Cheers, mate! :D

We'll all be looking forward to it. They said a giant city couldn't be done in ArmA II, that'll it'll melt even a CERN supercomputer. They were wrong. ;)

P.S. Not trying to sound nit-picky, but could you possible remove the version number from the island display name in the menus? Just want to keep the user interface less cluttered. Cheers, mate! :D

Well, buildings quality is not comparable with OA buildings. This is the reason for the good map smoothness. Map version number is very useful imho, since a lot of peoples (me too) sometimes doesn't remember the actual map version number of any island, and this could help user support in troubleshooting.

c'mon, a 1.3 is not a big clutter on your A2 console :)

Well, buildings quality is not comparable with OA buildings. This is the reason for the good map smoothness. Map version number is very useful imho, since a lot of peoples (me too) sometimes doesn't remember the actual map version number of any island, and this could help user support in troubleshooting.

c'mon, a 1.3 is not a big clutter on your A2 console :)

I agree - I wish all mapmakers would put the version number in the display name - it makes it much easier to know if you have the right one.

Keep up the good work - love this map.

I have got Arma 1.09.When i launch the game, i get an error:"Addon Fallujah_v1_0 requires version 1.1 of application".

Haw can i launch game with this island?

I have got Arma 1.09.When i launch the game, i get an error:"Addon Fallujah_v1_0 requires version 1.1 of application".

Haw can i launch game with this island?

Next release will fix this epic fail (my epic fail :D)

Will be fixed very soon

you have to make sure the folder name is exactly this:

@fallujah1_1/addons/

shezan can you say when the next version is released? like this month, next month or don't you know?

and do you have some screenshots? I would like 1 from the map and a few of the city :)

Warfare on Fallujah is practically the hardest one to do. You start off island hopping, and most of the time... when you get to the bridge... the AA guns will just shoot you down. If you don't have artillery and AC-130 support, your ass is grass... GREAT BUILD KEEP IT UP!

Calm down guys :) i'm finally been able to reproduce the bridge hopping bug! I'll work tonite and if everything works i will release tomorrow.

IF EVERYTHING works... it's not useful to release known bugged maps.

By the way now fallujah works on my A2 vanilla edition.

Is there any chance of seeing opx buildings in this fallujah map in some future version.

Thanks, Stubs.

edit: Sorry, i didn't read the earlier thread until now.

Edited by stubs

Just like to say that this map is totally awesome!

...ok, and I also have a request :rolleyes:

I was making a mission when I noticed that blowing up the bridges doesn't have much effect, as the bridge collapses to midair (aka the pillars go up while the iron goes down, but the road stays). Is there any possibility on (properly) destructable bridges or will that totally mess up everything again?

This screen is from the Old Bridge (the ai refuses to cross this unless they're on foot)

arma2oa2011051313024654.jpg

Edited by Hakello

Is there any chance of seeing opx buildings in this fallujah map in some future version.

This. ^

OPX buildings are bugged, they need major fixes.

But if/when fixed +1 from me.