Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah 1.1

Lol :)

Don't worry, i've only placed some machine gun nests near the perimeter and placed some road sign and some small barriers near entrances for people that... Doesn't have your fob :)

Looking forward to your screens...

Yeah, I like the updated textures, the ground looks really nice now. And it might sound really stupid on my part but I haven't figured out how to take the pictures lol. Someone told me Xfire so I'll try that. That and I still want to finish modeling the base. Still putting down lights and a few other things.

Great map I just had a big firefight in the Fallujah railstation. Alot of insurgents guarding it but they couldnt stand the firepower of

my forces.

Fallujah 1.1 is out on Armaholic :)

Hi all,

Since i upgraded Falloujah from 0.9 to 1.1 our missions are no longer working: we can't open them in editor.

One mission : content no longer exist blabla falloujah

Other on: same message + dum_istan3_pumpa not found (some falloujah house added on the map)

I noticed the readme :

"To ensure that no player can play with a different version, with different trees and objects in different places and have advantages in the game,

i have changed the name of the map in fallujah_v1_0 into "cfgPatches" section."

I tryed to rename falloujah -> fallujah_v1_0 in mission.sqm (addons calls in header) it doesnt work. I tryed to remove manually houses in mission.sqm : failed :(

How to make our missions compatible to v1.1 ?

Thx for help

Edited by FSF_TargetZero

open the mission in the editor and save it in the new map ;)

Hi all,

Since i upgraded Falloujah from 0.9 to 1.1 our missions are no longer working.

One mission : content no longer exist blabla falloujah

Other on: same message + dum_istan3_pumpa not found (some falloujah house added on the map)

I noticed the readme :

"To ensure that no player can play with a different version, with different trees and objects in different places and have advantages in the game,

i have changed the name of the map in fallujah_v1_0 into "cfgPatches" section."

I tryed to rename falloujah -> fallujah_v1_0 in mission.sqm (addons calls in header) it doesnt work. I tryed to remove manually houses in mission.sqm : failed :(

How to make our missions compatible to v1.1 ?

Thx for help

DO NOT - Run 0.9. Producing missions with 0.9 when the server does not have it will cause NO objects to spawn serverside including ammo boxes etc.

Remove ANY fallujah objects you manually placed in the editor, replace them with the 1.1 version.

I spent an hour troubleshooting this on Sunday, I tell you this to avoid frustration.

@M1n1d0u : Thx but I cannot open missions in editor, i got error i wrote.

@rexehuk : Ok thx :(

Let me try to understand what i need to do -> roll back to 0.9 -> delete all falloujah objects -> save -> install 1.1 and then ? It doesn't fix the error "content no longer exist blabla falloujah".

Edited by FSF_TargetZero

Great map, we all like it very much at our community and Farix is working on a Warfare version as we speak. I took the liberty to make a article of it for our front page,

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:fallujah-city&catid=1:arma-2&Itemid=47

thanks again, btw are you gonna add some buildings from OA like the mosks and minarettes and such, a few building wont efect the performance that much or is compatibility (with Arma2) also the reason why not to use them?

thanks again, btw are you gonna add some buildings from OA like the mosks and minarettes and such, a few building wont efect the performance that much or is compatibility (with Arma2) also the reason why not to use them?

The A2 compatibility it's not a real problem. Almost everyone that has A2 has bought a copy of Operation Arrowhead. The main problem, if exists, is that a lot of peoples has OA and not A2 :)

Adding mosques and minarets to the map could be done using OA objects, the compatibility will move to Combined Operations but it's not a big problem i think (or we can keep 2 different versions for A2 users only).

The main problem is that objects from OA differs a lot from A2 objects (much more quality) and A1 objects used on the Fallujah. This will be a big punch in the eye for the overall quality of the map. A2 objects near OA houses are like cartoons near a Full HD film. Also performances could become a problem. I'm thinking making some peripheric areas filled with OA buildings. This will not create big troubles to main city area in terms of framerate, and allow users to have more possibilities.

I've got nice minarets from A1 that fits perfectly with fallujah objects, but i still miss a mosque object :D

Maybe one day i will convert the whole Fallujah to OA... but with unpredictable performance results :)

love the map but its too bad all my old missions for it are now useless.

love the map but its too bad all my old missions for it are now useless.

Houses pack is unchanged from 1.0 (only pbo name has been updated, without affecting anything). Lack of compatibility is only with rev. 0.9, that was so much different from the actual 1 and 1.1

Leaving the original name allow users to have very different maps and enable "cheaters" to pass on areas of the map where other users has houses and trees.

Feel free to ask if i can help you with your missions (i'm not so able to work on missions but maybe i can help you :) )

Hmmm AI don't seem to take advantage of the rooftops, balconies, or other urban structures. They don't even go inside the houses for cover much. :(

Hmmm AI don't seem to take advantage of the rooftops, balconies, or other urban structures. They don't even go inside the houses for cover much. :(

I think this is due to how the house structures are created. They don't seem to have as many "building positions" as they should.

One of my scripts has AI go to every building position. In some of them, they only go in a couple areas, but don't really explore the entire structure.

Many of the buildings just don't have the positions in the models, so no place for the AI to go. At the same time this improves performance drastically in a map like this. I'd hate to think how it would play with OA buildings. :eek:

mmmmm i still don't c this 1.1 update from sixupdate..... can i still update it from six updater???

do u n sickboy got in a fight or sumthing?

since i DL mine from sixupdate i much rather to update it though it.... cause it detect my fallujah version n i don't know how it work so i don't wanna touch any thing that folder. thats y i didn't DL 1.1 from armaholic n replace the 1.0 version i hav now...

Many of the bridge segments still aren't appearing at distance. It looks like they have been bombed.

Many of the bridge segments still aren't appearing at distance. It looks like they have been bombed.

That seems to be some sort of limitation in the models themselves - they're the same on Chernarus... annoyingly, the Arma 1 bridges seem to suffer from the same fault...

B

Also, how much control do you have over the light that comes out of streetlights. Because OA's engine fucks up A2 light source, a lot of the bulbs are glowing red like some sort of demented Iraqi Halloween. I don't know what the classnames for the offending models are, but it really needs a ticket from someone with the know-how.

Odd, I get the error Addon Fallujah_v1_0 requires version 1.1 of application when I run it.

I downloaded fallujah v 1.1 - installed/extracted in root like my other maps.

It extracted to folder @fallujah1_1

am using @fallujah1_1 parameter with the arma2 launcher.

c:\steam\steamapps\common\arma2.exe -mod=@fallujah1_1

have arma2 v1.08.74450 which I believe is the latest.

I haven't installed an new map in quite a while but I don't see what I've done wrong. Am I forgetting something ?

Congrats on the new release of this awesome island :)

Thanks for leaving the same CfgPatches class in place this time :D

Six Updater mirrors updated.

The new filenames however make for a normal file transfer as opposed to delta patching.

I suppose I can whip up a new feature which if finds removed (old version filename) and new files (new version filename), looks for near equally named files and uses the old file as a source regardless of new filename.

Ticketed @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17297

Sorry for being late; I try to keep an eye out, yet am also limited to people notifying me about updated mods; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+New_Mods

Edited by Sickboy

awesome map - well done shezan

I have just made a new mission for it:

Evolution Fallujah

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114288&highlight=fallujah

(requires CO and no ACE)

with 13 side-missions and 11 districts in revolt, you have plenty of hard fighting ahead...

works amazingly well with RUG_DSAI sound mod in arabic

Yeah, the lack of SP Fallujah missions is baffling.

Make your own with his map.