Sign in to follow this  
mikebart

Example models from Mana Island NZ

Well I havent gotten around to writing any more tutorials like i said i would, so instead i'd like to provide the next best thing for those interested.

Im releasing all mlod's of objects made and used for Mana Island NZ for people to learn from and edit so long as credit is given.

Download mb_mlods.rar

for more information on objects visit: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-veg and http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mb-rocks

Wow! Thanks mike!!

Thats really generous of you!

I'll certainly be having a very close look at your rocks models! - I'm just approaching the hand-placed rocks and trees stage and I was considering having a go at making some rocky "surfaces"...

Just noticed an updated Mana as well! I'll have to go have a look at how you've been placing them... the screenshot looks almost photographic!

Quality work mate!

B

it was a fiddly job placing the rock ledges, I wish there was a more automated way to place them, basically ive put a red line on the top and bottom edges of the mesh to be used as a guide, if you can see the red line then the rock ledge isnt sealed against the terrain and needs adjusting.

It would be great if we could place rock ledges like roads, it wouldnt take long to make up the different segments, although im not sure it would work.

Hey mikebart...

very nice move. I think most of us can learn a lot from your work.

Thanks...:)

Excellent, very much appreciated Mike! Wasn't very long ago I was having a conversation with Bushlurker regarding your rock ledges. This sorts all of that pretty well :D

sorry about the lack of updates, given there still some issues that need to be fixed, I havent had alot of time to work on Arma related stuff lately.

Im just posting to provide a link to mb_rocks .rvmat's and source .psd's, I didnt realise the .rvmats werent being extracted from the .pbo.

The source .psd's can be usefull for editing the rock ledges _mc map to match up with your islands satalite image without losing other details included in the _mc map.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NZQT1EA

We really appreciate your work Mr. Bartlett!

It would be awesome if you might give us some little lesson/advice about how to deal with bushes and trees rvmats, alpha channels, modeling, and the best way to approach distance resLODs...

Anyways, I say thanks again cause your work has been an inspiration for many of us...

and lately I became obsessed with making some natural objects following your footsteps, just to keep enjoying this hobby as much as I have enjoyed Mana among other beautiful maps...