Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

:yeahthat:

Argh, the future of the armaverse is going to get scary very soon!

Argh, the future of the armaverse is going to get scary very soon!

You can count on that ;)

Thanks for the feedback, update reports soon :) back to scriptopolis.

Has anyone come up with any issues running this on dedicated servers? I'm a bit worried about the use of the command player etc when running ambientBomber and ambientProximtyIED on a dedicated server.

I know Reezo said he tested it on dedi...

Thanks

Tup

UPDATE: So, testing on a dedi server... IED's get spawned, but they don't appear to be detected or blown up. In addition if a player (the only player) disconnects, the IED disappears.

Edited by Tupolov

Has anyone come up with any issues running this on dedicated servers? I'm a bit worried about the use of the command player etc when running ambientBomber and ambientProximtyIED on a dedicated server.

I know Reezo said he tested it on dedi...

Thanks

Tup

UPDATE: So, testing on a dedi server... IED's get spawned, but they don't appear to be detected or blown up. In addition if a player (the only player) disconnects, the IED disappears.

As above the IEDs are not working on my dedicated server either :confused:

Hello, If anyone could answer these questions, I would be in their debt. What changes would I need to make in the scripts for the following:

1. To increase the distance where a proximity IED is armed.

2. To increase the range where beeping is actually heard from all bombs, I have trouble hearing it until I am right ontop of the IEDs

3. To make it so that proximity IEDs in vehicles work. (I am not sure if it is working as intended for me or if i made an error - when I put a proximity IED in a car it blows up at soon as the map starts).

Thanks,

Alex

Effective immediately I am dropping support on this script version of the "IED Detection and Disposal Mod".

The reason for this is that I am about to release the "EOD Mod" for ArmA 2, which is an improved and optimized version of the scripts used here.

The mod is currently undergoing private beta testing. Some preview footage can be seen here:

ykAese9_ESo

wow nice.. dude i can only tell you, put this stuff into ACE!!! ;)

Just don't forget those that don't use ACE!

While I can say for sure this mod will use @CBA, It would be great to remove any ACE dependancy..at the moment the only one is related to the PRC-119 backpack which is the closest match to a Thor3 unit.

If someone wants to make a model and config for a specific Thor3 backback (in different camos and with a nice EOD patch on it!) I would be ready to welcome him as a prodigal child (I can provide the cow).

CBA dependancy is fine. Just link it to some of the backpacks (one has an aerial I believe).

Of course the proper Thor3 would be great in the long term.

Edited by Kremator

I'll probably use the OA UAV backpack until someone wants to make some epic model out of it. ;)

I put the vehicle detection code into a terminal humvee and get this error message after a couple of seconds:

IEDdetect_13error.jpg

Is anyone else getting this error or maybe fixed it already? Please let me know!

Ive modified your script slightly to use any object in stead of type.

Using global array, fixed grenade bug using lgbu etc.

I have PM a demo of it to you.

is this modification already in the official release included or do I have to replace "car" in the init line with something else?

Hey is there anyways to have ai defuse a bomb? just wondering.....

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

would also be kinda nice to know how you could simply make an ai unit detach ied's via simple code...

Reezo, where is the latest and greatest download available from?

I contacted Reezo with the same question a while back and he told me all downloadlinks were pulled as he no longer supports this and it was replaced by his EOD Mod.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15127

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124538

He never allowed mirroring so if you still want the files you can always try to contact him directly.

He told me he no longer wanted to share the file, but maybe you have a good/better reason than I had ;)

he told me all downloadlinks were pulled as he no longer supports this and it was replaced by his EOD Mod.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15127

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124538

So, maybe its best to lock this as the author does not want this to be used anyway.

The author can always ask for an unlock if he decides otherwise.

Edited by Guest

No problem - I was looking for the EOD mod anyway.

I've downloaded it from the Armaholic mirror! :)