Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

Hey Reezo, I know your a busy man, but maybe down the road make a vehicle born IED (VBIED) script. A random car tries to ram you and then ignites his payload. Would be another little scare tactic to keep soldiers from gettin complacent on the highways.

So, what you're telling me is, you want something like THIS?

I haven't modeled since OFP, but I guess I can still do some work. I think I can help. Im gonna try to write up a config to see if I cant get it in game later.

The question is, do you just need the object to be used just to have it in you're inventory, or are you trying to make something like how ACRE uses its radios? A more interactive pop up tool. The latter will be harder.

Edited by Combat-Agent

I haven't modeled since OFP, but I guess I can still do some work. I think I can help. Im gonna try to write up a config to see if I cant get it in game later.

Absolutely awesome. Having an actual object and its config will allow me to integrate the scripting suite to it.

I was thinking maybe a special rucksack would be necessary as well, since all the detection devices/antenna are in the ruck and the Nomad is used to interface with it?

Maybe some kind of l33t looking rucksack with the EOD logo on it :)

Thanks for the great work!

Lovely!

Probably less worried about an EOD backback (but I'll go with whatever you want Reezo!) just having a Nomad would be great :)

Kep up the good work !

Yes, just the Nomad would be great, agreed :)

Hey reezo, I have the model made obviously but Im having troubles gettin it game config wise. I can send ya the model if ya want. Might have to have someone else whip up a quick config. I tried to base it off one of the items like the GPS or radio, had no luck. Syntax errors.

Hey reezo, I have the model made obviously but Im having troubles gettin it game config wise. I can send ya the model if ya want. Might have to have someone else whip up a quick config. I tried to base it off one of the items like the GPS or radio, had no luck. Syntax errors.

Sure, if it is a config all it needs then it's all good, I should be able to prep something.

Thank you very much, don't forget guys Wollfy is doing a great job in optimizing the script (the guy is a true wizard..) so I am sensing massive pwnage is coming!

Good news everyone. My schedule is getting more relaxed (if that means anything, at all) so I am pleased to announce the incoming re-work of this mod.

It will make use of @CBA and it will probably become a mod, with modules you can place on the editor and all that stuff.

I will put all my best effort and knowledge gathered in these months (thanks Xeno for the extensive "course" on network efficiency and top-notch mod development techniques) so expect sexy results :)

Oh, sweet. Keep us in the loop, this is going to be sweet.

And Reezo, a USMC buddy of mine who just got back from his tour told me about how they use the THOR III system. Looks like a radio pack, and you can simply modify an already in-game Rucksack to do this.

http://www.soldiermod.com/volume-2/pdfs/articles/dismounted-jamming.pdf

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/06/iraqs-invisible-war/all/1

http://www.sncorp.com/prod/ittew/pdfs/Flyer_Thor%20Dismount%20Jammer%203-7-2007.pdf

Instead of a little visual dialogue that pops up (the NOMAD), you could just use beeps and text hints (Possibly even incorporate the spatial audio you worked on with the Loudspeaker so it's an actual beep going out, instead of only on the use who has the jammer).

Edit: I dont even know if it makes any sort of notification - just stops anything from being detonated within a certain radius, I'll ask.

Awesome, will eat the links you posted with my very own eyes!

Thanks Spectre, send my regards to that friend of yours (welcome home, too ;)).

Just got word Reezo - there is no notification whatsoever - which makes it even easier to implement.

Recoded rucksack (PRC-119 ruck?) to have a jammer script. So within X meters from the pack, it jams all RF except the NATO/US forces freq's.

And if you feel so inclinded to make a visual, you can use the nomad pop-ups too as it does have connections for a PDA/Laptop.

Awesome. I've started working on a completely new set of code already. I was going, in fact, in that direction :) good to know.

Yay, Reezo......

Really would like to get this working 100% in MP :)

Yay, Reezo......

Really would like to get this working 100% in MP :)

It will, believe me. The power and flexibility (and optimizations) of the @CBA package are impressive to say the least.

More updates soon :) I am going to make a reskin of the PRC-119 backpack, to add the EOD Logo and some other gizmos to make it look a little different, not much since the difference is inside and not outside, even in reality.

I am looking for someone willing to model a specific backpack and its textures to resemble the Thor III system.

I am using a dummy placeholder for the moment but I would really love to get something specific. This is an official request for a 3d modeler/texture artist in the team. It means: full credits and 70 virgins, no wait that's the other guy.

I gave up on modelling. Texturing... thats another story.

And remember thats what the actual jammer looks like - but in the field it just looks like a small square backpack with a short antenna.

Yeah for the moment I am inheriting from the ACE PRC-119..I doubt it would look any different, for security purpouses, too.

I've read that the Thor III system works as three separate units that combine different operational frequencies to provide full coverage.

Maybe I could add a feature that amplifies the ability to jam nearby IEDs when more jammers are close-by..up to three.

I am also working on a way to increase the jammer power when getting in certain vehicles.

I've got the basics down and, hey, they work :)

Yeah, it would be awesome to have the vehicle mounted jammer to place in my LAV, too.

It looks like this: http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/cins/Fact%20Books/USMC_CREW/2010%202.1_CREW_Fact%20Sheet.pdf

Its an easy enough model to make, even for me. But, why make it? Just make it an item like the map tools from ACE. Just need an icon, I'd presume. When someone has it in their inventory, they can (using ACE interaction key), mount it in the vehicle.

The vehicle would then have jamming capabilities.

For the moment I'll make it so that any crew member having the Thor III backpack getting into cargo positions of specific vehicles (HMWWVs, LAVs for example) will automatically get increased detection skill and range.

They will still be in charge of notifying the other members but the audio signal will be heard by all nearby units (being emitted from the backpack).

Well remember the THOR is just a jammer. I was told that there was no notification what so ever, but if you wanted to you can simply have an audio beep with a text hint saying IED Jammed.

Let the crew and people take it from that (call up an EOD team).

Well remember the THOR is just a jammer. I was told that there was no notification what so ever, but if you wanted to you can simply have an audio beep with a text hint saying IED Jammed.

Let the crew and people take it from that (call up an EOD team).

I've added a simple audio notification, actually two: one beep occurs when a new signal is found and jammed, another one when the jammed signal is still present but not "new".

I've got a question about pressure-plate IEDs: these will probably NOT be affected by the THOR..only radio-triggered IEDs are, as far as I know..am I right?

Correct. Even wired IEDs aren't affected. Just anything that uses (I believe) a cell phone RF signal.